3 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

On face value - no Motti.

Without further information , no Motti.

No Motti until I am proven incorrect.

No motti.

no motti

NO MOTTI.

?

So you can keep stamping your foot insisting you are right with zero basis (as you haven't seen the rules for huge ships yet).  I get it.  But an elephant isn't a snake.  You can't see the whole picture any more than the blind man examining the rear of an elephant.

Just now, SoonerTed said:

So you can keep stamping your foot insisting you are right with zero basis (as you haven't seen the rules for huge ships yet).  I get it.  But an elephant isn't a snake.  You can't see the whole picture any more than the blind man examining the rear of an elephant.

Making a lot of assumptions there.

25 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

If nothing else, I know I’m not always right - I do have to eat a tie fighter after all - but done things just make sense when you apply Occams Razor...

What did I miss? How did this occur? 

25 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

If nothing else, I know I’m not always right - I do have to eat a tie fighter after all - but done things just make sense when you apply Occams Razor...

Hasty generalization isn't Occams Razor, but you do you.

Just now, Drasnighta said:

Making a lot of assumptions there.

It's not an assumption to say we don't have the rules yet for the huge size category.

It is an assumption to say cards that don't apply to large ships don't apply to huge ships without seeing the new rules.

You are drawing conclusions based on evidence you do not have.  

1 minute ago, SoonerTed said:

It's not an assumption to say we don't have the rules yet for the huge size category.

It is an assumption to say cards that don't apply to large ships don't apply to huge ships without seeing the new rules.

As are you.

1 minute ago, SoonerTed said:

What reason would we have to believe that Motti has any effect at all on Huge ships?

admiral-motti.png

6 minutes ago, xero989 said:

I have a friend at Gen con who said 

"I asked The creator about deployement: it works like epic in X Wing. Deploy outside deployment zone is fine so long as the base is in contact with rear egde. Hello red dice on round 1!"

You shoot from the base, not the mini.

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Occams Razor.

Occams Razor isn't the correct principle here.

The razor is that you select the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions.

We already know that rules are changing. It's no longer the fewest assumptions that there will be no further rule additions or changes other than the ones they have already described.

We really don't have enough information at this point. 

There is plenty of time before Q1 of 2019 though for FFG to answer all of our questions.

TL;DR - Assuming nothing added isn't Occam's Razor, but assuming rules are going to change and not wanting to speculate about how is something different.

#pedantry

Just now, Eggzavier said:

Occams Razor isn't the correct principle here.

The razor is that you select the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions.

We already know that rules are changing. It's no longer the fewest assumptions that there will be no further rule additions or changes other than the ones they have already described.

We really don't have enough information at this point. 

There is plenty of time before Q1 of 2019 though for FFG to answer all of our questions.

TL;DR - Assuming nothing added isn't Occam's Razor, but assuming rules are going to change and not wanting to speculate about how is something different.

#pedantry

Informative, thank you.

22 minutes ago, xero989 said:

I have a friend at Gen con who said 

"I asked The creator about deployement: it works like epic in X Wing. Deploy outside deployment zone is fine so long as the base is in contact with rear egde. Hello red dice on round 1!"

Draganista's Nose Punch going to love seeing this setup across the table. Would probably force the SSD to deploy sideways, unless the SSD is first player.

Technically Motti does need an errata because as printed he says 'The hull value of each friendly ship is increased according to its size class', which you can't actually resolve without a line that says either 'Huge: 0' or 'Huge: 4'. Thematically this is the guy who said the Death Star was indestructible and his ability is meant to reflect his affinity for gigantic ships. I think he will probably get errata, but of course I am just making a prediction. At the bare minimum he will get an FAQ.

Edited by bleezy

5 minutes ago, Thraug said:

Draganista's Nose Punch going to love seeing this setup across the table. Would probably force the SSD to deploy sideways, unless the SSD is first player.

Ooh. Speed zero under Interdictor tokens, Mando's come in and start raiding like jerks, that's... Kinda hilarious, actually.

Just now, geek19 said:

Ooh. Speed zero under Interdictor tokens, Mando's come in and start raiding like jerks, that's... Kinda hilarious, actually.

Unfortunately, not as great.

If you gain the token automatically as you reveal the dial, you can probably just toss your freebie Nav token to toss the raid token and still use the Nav dial to speed up.