Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

Whoo Republic and CIS!

Well, I know lots of you wanted that since so long.

I admit I kind of don't care about prequel ships. But the hype is so great, I am very happy for all of you that will enjoy the two new factions.

Side effect of new factions, we will have to wait more between release of our favourite factions wave.

37 minutes ago, player2422845 said:

Well, I know lots of you wanted that since so long.

I admit I kind of don't care about prequel ships. But the hype is so great, I am very happy for all of you that will enjoy the two new factions.

Side effect of new factions, we will have to wait more between release of our favourite factions wave.

Thanks for your enthusiastic support =) 

--

Anyone also know when we might be actually getting these? 2020? lol

13 minutes ago, svelok said:

I wouldn't bet on seeing them any sooner than Gencon 2019.

It was an announcement of an announcement. If they were coming out in Q1/Q2, they'd probably have had products to show.

I think they just wanted to get all of us that were on the fence to buy into 2.0, this was basically me:

FFG: "So how about you throw away all of your expensive alt-art cards because we super imbalanced the game and we are starting fresh. Just pick up these conversion kits and new starter for a couple hundred dollars and you can keep playing!

Me: "200 dollars!!! For ships I already have??? And if you guys imbalanced the meta to begin with then whose to say you won't just do the same and make us buy into 3.0 to fly the ships we already own?"

FFG: "Shh Digital variable point values..."

Me: "I don't know, I play pretty casually most of the time so we mostly fly what we want and don't see crazy OP silliness anyways. It would have to be something pretty good to convince me to spend that much money and invest in-"

FFG: "Prequel ships are coming."

Me: "I'm in."

2 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

I think they just wanted to get all of us that were on the fence to buy into 2.0, this was basically me:

FFG: "So how about you throw away all of your expensive alt-art cards because we super imbalanced the game and we are starting fresh. Just pick up these conversion kits and new starter for a couple hundred dollars and you can keep playing!

Me: "200 dollars!!! For ships I already have??? And if you guys imbalanced the meta to begin with then whose to say you won't just do the same and make us buy into 3.0 to fly the ships we already own?"

Me: "I don't know, I play pretty casually most of the time so we mostly fly what we want and don't see crazy OP silliness anyways. It would have to be something pretty good to convince me to spend that much money and invest in-"

On 7/31/2018 at 2:48 PM, Darth Meanie said:

I can only see 3 caveats leading to Instant Conversion:

A.  A bonafide, official campaign set featuring PvP (not HotAC style)

B.  The introduction of Prequel ships and factions that completely break new ground, ship-wise.

C.  A sale on 2.0 stuff so good that I would be a fool to pass it up. 

image.gif24 hour turn around time.  You're welcome.  

Edited by Darth Meanie

4 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

Somehow I have used up all my reactions.  Despite not using this forum since yesterday.

Edited by Infinite_Maelstrom
(Come on like button! WORK!)

22 hours ago, svelok said:

I wouldn't bet on seeing them any sooner than Gencon 2019.

It was an announcement of an announcement. If they were coming out in Q1/Q2, they'd probably have had products to show.

They only showed the next wave. CW might just as well be wave 3 for all we know, they said they will share more info in November, a month before Wave 2, and they just revealed Wave 2, a month before Wave 1 release.

Am I crazy or do I recall FFG saying CW ships were due Q1 2019? I've watched so many streams and FFG interviews in the last few days that I'm not sure where to look to confirm that ;) 

1 hour ago, mcintma said:

Am I crazy or do I recall FFG saying CW ships were due Q1 2019? I've watched so many streams and FFG interviews in the last few days that I'm not sure where to look to confirm that ;) 

So my bet is Adepticon 2019 release. Maybe I’m wrong, but at least I won’t be disappointed when that’s what happens.

So... speculation time. While I do love the Republic designs, I have to admit I'm most curious about the CIS. A faction full of mass produced drones directed by a central computer should feel very different from the ships flown by flesh and blood pilots; Perhaps the Vulture Droid, Tri-fighter, and Hyena Bomber won't even have unique pilots!

41 minutes ago, Squark said:

So... speculation time. While I do love the Republic designs, I have to admit I'm most curious about the CIS. A faction full of mass produced drones directed by a central computer should feel very different from the ships flown by flesh and blood pilots; Perhaps the Vulture Droid, Tri-fighter, and Hyena Bomber won't even have unique pilots!

This makes sense. Some of the rarer Rebel and Scum ships don't have any generics, such as the Shuttle from Lando's Falcon, the Sheathipede, and the Rebel TIE and ARC, so it makes sense that there could also be ships with only generics.

I'm not really big on the prequels, but I am genuinely happy for the 10% of the forums that got exactly what they've wanted for years.

Other than that, I'm actually very curious how they're going to do the CIS ships. They're the only faction I agree with having more than 8 ships on the board, as they take mass produced to a whole new level even the Empire didn't compete with.

22 hours ago, Squark said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of flesh&blood pilots in CIS. While fluff-wise the Droid starfighters formed the bulk of their forces, you only have 3 models (Vulture, Droid Tri-Fighter and Hyena bomber), 4 if you include the much less known Scarab. Even the first announced ship is the Sith Infiltrator, not a Droid starfighter, although those are sure to come. 

If I had to guess a faction identity, it will probably be an ace (most likely Force-sensitive, something like Maul, Dooku, Ventress or Greivous) and a droid mini-swarm. 

19 minutes ago, rabid1903 said:

I'm not really big on the prequels, but I am genuinely happy for the 10% of the forums that got exactly what they've wanted for years.

Other than that, I'm actually very curious how they're going to do the CIS ships. They're the only faction I agree with having more than 8 ships on the board, as they take mass produced to a whole new level even the Empire didn't compete with.

Thanks! Yeah, it is a small contingency of us who really wanted this but I'm very happy we got it!

What's nice is that with X-Wing, there's enough releases that what comes around goes around, so to speak. Whether or not everyone wants it, things get made eventually. I was kind of "meh" on a Resistance A-Wing (I love the originals but I didn't think there's enough pilots, since L'ulo technically actually flies one of the old Rebel-style A-Wings), I didn't want the Mining Guild TIE as Scum (not because I hate scum, just because I personally feel that the Mining Guild are Imperial Contractors and are not justified as being scum), I was stoked for the Gunboat but one of my friends wasn't, and I didn't really want a Scum Falcon just because I feel like Han is a heroic enough character that scum still just feels slightly wrong for him (not that bad though, actually the movie pretty much justifies it). 

I don't really hate any of those ships I just listed, but what I'm saying is that I like that I get the ships I want, and other people get the ships they want. Eventually, pretty much everyone's happy! :) 

And I agree with you on the quantity of ships front. According to one Rebels episode, on the logistics and tactics front the Seperatists were actually winning the war against the Republic/Empire, but lost because their commanders were killed by Darth Vader  and their droid armies subsequently shut down by Sidious/Palpatine.

2 hours ago, rabid1903 said:

There is way more than a small percentage of people who want these factions. I'd say it's 50% - 50% for people who care about these factions and those that don't. THE ship that seals the deal for me is the N-1 Naboo Starfighter. I can't wait to do a barrel roll. You know the ship ability will HAVE to involve barrel rolls.

X-wing for a long time has had a lack of viable ships in the low cost range. Even TIE fighters haven't been good for like 2 years now. Perhaps the BEST thing 2e will do is break the perpetual 2-3 ship meta. Sub 23 point ships sound great. 2-attack with 1 hull would work. That would truly be a new playstyle. X-wing gets compared to chess, but that comparison doesn't work with 2-ship lists. 2-ship lists is just combombowing.

3 hours ago, rabid1903 said:

I'd like to see "flights" of Vulture Droids on a small/medium base since they're really too tiny to even qualify as small base. If I were doing it (which I'm not) I'd put three tiny models on there with a 3/2/3/0 statline and a ship ability that gives -1atk and +1def for each damage card taken (which I'm sure would be incredibly difficult to balance, but hey! Adjustable values!)

Hopefully that could still be priced to fit 8 "Vulture Flights" on the board ?

46 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

I'd like to see "flights" of Vulture Droids on a small/medium base since they're really too tiny to even qualify as small base. If I were doing it (which I'm not) I'd put three tiny models on there with a 3/2/3/0 statline and a ship ability that gives -1atk and +1def for each damage card taken (which I'm sure would be incredibly difficult to balance, but hey! Adjustable values!)

Hopefully that could still be priced to fit 8 "Vulture Flights" on the board ?

ETA-2 Actis: 5.47 m 

Vulture droid: 6.96 m in flight config.

Tri-fighter: 5.4 m

Hyena bomber: 12.48 m in flight config.

So using your thought path the ETA-2 Actis should also be multiple to a small or medium base... I'd rather not.....

Honestly, I wonder if they could pull off a multi-mini model (that was fun to type.)

Have a stat sheet that is 3 hull, 3 attack, 3 agility. The model ability is: "You may never expose a damage card. Decrease your attack value by 1 for every damage card on this ship."

Basically something to show it's firepower decaying as parts of the swarm are killed off. Probably unnecessarily complicated, but maybe they can find a fun way to do it.