DOMSWAT911

Is this "the first" Epic ship or the only one?

9-1533231192459.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with this beauty (and was waiting so long for it), but a question arose in my mind, is that a one shot deal?

For the purpose of the game, I would like some other Epic scale ship.

Like the Bellator-Class, 76.jpg

Or the Assertor-Class, latest?cb=20141130080056

And for the Rebels something like this.

The Starhawk, yvbnx5K.jpg

Or maybe the less like Bulwark.  latest?cb=20120613093219

Edited by DOMSWAT911

'Epic' doesn't have to be just the scale of the ships involved - it can (hopefully will be) the ruleset, too, and what is possible in the format.

Even in X-Wing... 4x Brobots is definitely a thing, and plays very different than they play in the 'standard' format when you can only get 2.

Still, Armada is a different/better game, and I'd love to see that embraced with Armada's take on 'Epic'-scale.  Give us new objectives - ALL of which are extremely asymmetrical!  2x or 3x the points for one side, with the other having vastly higher points possible from the mission objective.  Stuff like that!

It might be a mistake for them to produce other epics if this ship sells. I know I have wanted this ship more than anything, and I will preorder it and eagerly pick it up on release day, but it is the only epic ship I will ever buy. The Executor is the Millennium Falcon of capital ships. It is by far the most famous capital ship in all of Star Wars. It's omission was like a gaping wound in 3x6 gaming mats around the world. Armada might have been a fun miniatures games without the Executor, but it was never a true narrative Star Wars capital ship experience, because it was missing its beautiful queen. Now it is complete. There would be no point in adding a Bellator, or any of those other ships. What would they give us that the Executor does not? How would you build an anti-Bellator giant killer rebel fleet that would differ from an anti-Executor fleet? How would you build a Bellator focused scenario or campaign that would differ meaningfully from one tailored to the Executor? Why would we pay $200 for any of that? Why not just release another little campaign box focused on epic ships if they come up with a lot of cool new content for the Executor? Armada never needed the Executor to introduce the epic format. They needed an epic format so they could make the Executor. And they did.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, DOMSWAT911 said:

Like the Bellator-Class,

On 8/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, DOMSWAT911 said:

Or the Assertor-Class,

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Edited by Piratical Moustache
Attachment limits are very annoying.

38 minutes ago, bleezy said:

It might be a mistake for them to produce other epics if this ship sells. I know I have wanted this ship more than anything, and I will preorder it and eagerly pick it up on release day, but it is the only epic ship I will ever buy. The Executor is the Millennium Falcon of capital ships. It is by far the most famous capital ship in all of Star Wars. It's omission was like a gaping wound in 3x6 gaming mats around the world. Armada might have been a fun miniatures games without the Executor, but it was never a true narrative Star Wars capital ship experience, because it was missing its beautiful queen. Now it is complete. There would be no point in adding a Bellator, or any of those other ships. What would they give us that the Executor does not? How would you build an anti-Bellator giant killer rebel fleet that would differ from an anti-Executor fleet? How would you build a Bellator focused scenario or campaign that would differ meaningfully from one tailored to the Executor? Why would we pay $200 for any of that? Why not just release another little campaign box focused on epic ships if they come up with a lot of cool new content for the Executor? Armada never needed the Executor to introduce the epic format. They needed an epic format so they could make the Executor. And they did. 

Supremacy

1 hour ago, Ardaedhel said:

The SSD will release with rules for epic format.

I am talking HUGE Ships vs HUGE ships only with maybe squadrons. Not "My fleet vs your Huge ships" 

Oh no no no, think Titanicus! 

1 hour ago, NebulonB said:

as far as I am concerned, the game now has everything I asked for in Armada. I wont ask for more, and whatever else comes is bonus and extends this lovely affair ?

This is how I feel.  I will probably try to get a SSD as a birthday or Christmas gift and then I can retire.  Ha ha.

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

... Background, as you say.

Thats why two official playmats show it.

So you too can have it in the background ?

I seem to remember it being apart of one battle and scoring a one-shot kill on an MC80