Sign in to follow this  
FrogTrigger

Any news from gen con?

To be honest, I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything. Between the Star Wars miniatures games announcements and KeyForge, a "board game" set in Terrinoth isn't FFG's highest advertising priority. 

12 hours ago, Julia said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a dam_n of KeyForge? :D

I am intrigued by the concept and how well it works, only because the concept is very ambitious for a physical game. I am definately not as excited as FFG seems to think we should be though.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Julia said:

I think the concept is new and therefore interesting, but I have several doubts about the longevity of this game.

As a game, after reading the rules, I do not think it very special. I am curious in how the game develops, so I will follows its development but I am not drawn to it by its gameplay.

So, Julia, you are not quite alone. Although I would not say that I do not give a ****. Imho, the uniqueness (randomness) of Keyforge will draw people to it in the beginning, but I have my sincere doubts whether it will remain interesting and appealing for long. The complete lack of deckbuilding, the fact that you cannot choose the factions you want, the sheer randomness, all this does not appeal to me. Whether it proves to be a hit, only time will tell.

Edited by windforce10

On 8/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, Julia said:

Nope, the unique gimmick takes away one of my favorite parts about card games (deckbuilding) in the hopes of appeasing whiny people who don't like net-decks and from what I've seen the game mechanics bring absolutely nothing we haven't already seen. Hard pass for me.

2 minutes ago, eristotle said:

I played a demo of HoT. I like most of the changes made from WQACG. I was told it would be out late WE / early Q4

My only hope is that they've managed to balance the difficulty of the game whether you're playing 2, 3 or 4 players. It just didn't seem to scale properly with WQ

16 hours ago, eristotle said:

I played a demo of HoT. I like most of the changes made from WQACG. I was told it would be out late WE / early Q4

Glad to hear that it should be out this year! Hard to tell sometimes with as far out as FFG will announce board game, and then don't always have follow up posts. 

15 hours ago, freebird285 said:

My only hope is that they've managed to balance the difficulty of the game whether you're playing 2, 3 or 4 players. It just didn't seem to scale properly with WQ

Out of curiosity, which way did you find the scaling off? Harder with 2, or harder with 4? 

On 8/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, Julia said:

I would say i am intrigued, but not as excited as for HoT or AH 3rd Ed.

Might try KeyForge sometime but i don't think i'll invest huge money in it.