Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

Articles up for Wave 2!

1 hour ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

I think it's something like "When defending or performing an attack, if the enemy is in your [primary firing arc], you may spend 1 [Force token] to change 1 Focus result to an Evade or Hit." 

There isn't a ton of space in the text box for spending a Force token, though. I think it'd be silly if she had the Force but didn't spend it on her ability; all other Force users do so far. That means her ability is only meh because most of the time I bet she'll have a hard time getting enemies in arc without that 1 hard turn.

That's literally what any force token does: you spend it to convert one focus result to hit or evade.

//

As to potential Rey crew: it'd be neat to see her somewhat like Chewbacca, able to spend force charges to repair damage cards.  Since simply having a force charge is already dice mods enough [to approxiamte about what the old-Rey did, the new version can actually something interesting, much like many other force-user crew in this game.]

*edit*
I realize I never finished that sentence.

Edited by theBitterFig

Just now, theBitterFig said:

That's literally what any force token does: you spend it to convert one focus result to hit or evade.

//

As to potential Rey crew: it'd be neat to see her somewhat like Chewbacca, able to spend force charges to repair damage cards.  Since simply having a force charge is already dice mods enough,

She might not have to spend one when something's in her firing arc, then. Her text is mostly exposed on a card fan shared on the Mynock Squadron Podcast on Facebook, as shown.

Oh, wierd, I just noticed the red Rotate Arc action for the YT-1300. I wonder if that's just for Rey or if its the same across the board. Then all 3 factions that have the Falcon  would have different versions... Good in a fluff sense, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

She might not have to spend one when something's in her firing arc, then. Her text is mostly exposed on a card fan shared on the Mynock Squadron Podcast on Facebook, as shown.

Oh, wierd, I just noticed the red Rotate Arc action for the YT-1300. I wonder if that's just for Rey or if its the same across the board. Then all 3 factions that have the Falcon  would have different versions... Good in a fluff sense, I guess.

Also 3 shields when Rebel version has 5

9 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Seems unfair that the First Order has to buy 7 models to compete with only 4 from the resistance.  Seems a little unbalanced.

I know it's just going to echo a lot of comments that the first three upgrade were too expensive at $50.  But if you have 1X of every release, it works out to roughly $2-3 per ship, so not that bad (even less if you got multiples per launch).  On this Resistance kit, if you have 1X of every release, you only have four ships (2 T-70's, 1 YT-1300, 1 Bomber), so that works out to $7.50 per ship, essentially 3X more than the other kits.

15 minutes ago, BowTiesRCool said:

Interesting the the Resistance side conversion kit only has stuff for 10 ships, while the First Order kit has stuff for 18 ships, but they cost the same $29.99.  Seems a little unbalanced?

Let's think about it geometrically.  One large base token takes up roughly the same amount of cardboard as 4 small-base tokens, and the Resistance kit has conversions for 6 instead of 3 large-base ships.  Those extra base tokens might be equivalent to something like 10-12 TIE base tokens.  That doesn't fully account for the dial differences, though.  Maybe they ought to have had conversions for 5 T-70s, even if that many won't fit into a list.  But then again, I only have 4 T-70s, so NBD.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

Let's think about it geometrically.  One large base token takes up roughly the same amount of cardboard as 4 small-base tokens, and the Resistance kit has conversions for 6 instead of 3 large-base ships.  Those extra base tokens might be equivalent to something like 10-12 TIE base tokens.  That doesn't fully account for the dial differences, though.  Maybe they ought to have had conversions for 5 T-70s, even if that many won't fit into a list.  But then again, I only have 4 T-70s, so NBD.

People keep going on about t70’s and ties. How many of you have the large bases? Outside a crazy fire sale these kits are going to be crazy expensive to fill out.

15 minutes ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

I think the image says "blank" results.  That'd make sense and be strong: focus can normally only convert focus and not blank.  And given the existence of Heroic, Finn might actually be good on ships with pilots other than Rey, which would be nice.  Flying a Han/Finn Falcon of some kind and having it kinda make sense would be sweet.

"We'll use the Force."

"That's not how the Force works!"

Edited by theBitterFig

Just now, LordFajubi said:

People keep going on about t70’s and ties. How many of you have the large bases? Outside a crazy fire sale these kits are going to be crazy expensive to fill out.

Anyone who's bought one of everything has two Falcons already (regular, Heroes of the Resistance), and will get a 3rd when Lando's version releases.  Having three conversions almost makes sense, except for the fact that you almost surely won't be able to fit three into a list.  Rebel generic is 78 points.  Maybe the Resistance version could be 66 if it only has a single mobile arc and not a double-one, but I haven't scoured the images.

Bombers?  I only bought one, but I have a friend who's run three, and I think a bunch of folks probably bought two.  They were a ship which was designed to work OK in groups.

Upsilons, however, I don't know if even my friend who tends to buy like 5 of everything has more than one of those.

I think it's a lot more common that someone out there has the large-base ships to use all the conversions for the Resistance side, than for the First Order side.

1 hour ago, PhantomFO said:

Omega Leader officially has a name: Midnight.

And yes, she's a better pilot than Kylo at PS6. :D

...and twice in the article Midnight is referred to as "he" not "she." Muse is female though.

47 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Anyone who's bought one of everything has two Falcons already (regular, Heroes of the Resistance), and will get a 3rd when Lando's version releases.  Having three conversions almost makes sense, except for the fact that you almost surely won't be able to fit three into a list.  Rebel generic is 78 points.  Maybe the Resistance version could be 66 if it only has a single mobile arc and not a double-one, but I haven't scoured the images.

As mentioned above, Resistance YT-1300 has fewer shields and a red rotate arc action rather than white. That alone might be enough to knock the price down to 66.

I like the fluff behind it. The turret doesn't turn as easily on the old hunk of junk, and the shields aren't what they used to be. But she's got it where it counts.

4 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

As mentioned above, Resistance YT-1300 has fewer shields and a red rotate arc action rather than white. That alone might be enough to knock the price down to 66.

I like the fluff behind it. The turret doesn't turn as easily on the old hunk of junk, and the shields aren't what they used to be. But she's got it where it counts.

That’s neat.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

//

As to potential Rey crew: it'd be neat to see her somewhat like Chewbacca, able to spend force charges to repair damage cards.  Since simply having a force charge is already dice mods enough,

I think as a crew, its "7 times per round, she screams 'NO, not that one!  NO, NO, NO, not that one" at the other crew members on board

8 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

I hadn't seen the 3-shields part.  I like the general design of it being a junkier version.  Two shields are worth about 8 points, per the Shield Upgrade costs, so that brings it down to about 70.  Is a red-to-white Rotate worth another 4 points?  I kinda don't think so, but going down to a single arc would probably be worth a lot more than just 4 points, unless it gained a fixed-front arc, too.  Does that make sense given the Lancer?  I guess that'd be losing an agility and white-rotate from a Lancer, but gaining a 3rd mobile arc die, for two points more.

Bah.  Just when we got all the info we wanted to begin to figure stuff out about this game, end all the pointless "Whatsit-ship is underpowered compared to Thingama-ship" threads, this happens.

1 hour ago, FendleyFire said:

Midnight with that fanatical devotion talent looks like a winning combo now that juke isn't an option.

Juke isn't going to be bad.  It was great that you had the action economy to hold an Evade with Comm Relay and freely take focus tokens once set-up, but just having the TL to prevent mods and Juke to get a green die isn't too bad.  Particularly since at Init 6, Midnight will probably be able to attack and Juke before he's attacked, and can safely spend his evade token without giving up any hope of dealing damage with his attack.

Edited by theBitterFig

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

Juke isn't going to be bad.  It was great that you had the action economy to hold an Evade with Comm Relay and freely take focus tokens once set-up, but just having the TL to prevent mods and Juke to get a green die isn't too bad.  Particularly since at Init 6, Midnight will probably be able to attack and Juke before he's attacked, and can safely spend his evade token without giving up any hope of dealing damage with his attack.

The text in her ability changed.  The dice can't be modified by anyone.  So Juke doesn't work

Finn's gunner ability only works out of primary arc,  and Reys ability looks to change 1 blank to an evade or hit result if the ship is in her primary arc. So seems like the resistance Falcon looks to have a stuck primary arc, with a single turret ala Shadowcaster.

Rey with ability and force power gonna be hitting hard once again in 2.0.

Edited by wurms

1 hour ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

Based on the spacing on the card in the image, it looks to me like it says:

[When you defend ]or perform an attack,

[if the enemy ship] is in your V, you may

[spend 1 % to cha]nge 1 of your blank

[results to a S] or * result.

where V = Forward firing arc

% = force token

S = Evade result

* = hit result

If it didn't have the "spend a force" requirement the spacing wouldn't work out. 

6 minutes ago, TheHumanHydra said:

I like Heroic. I wasn't sure what EPT to use sometimes when starting to plan 2.0 lists. Heroic at least provides padding against the worst (maybe my TIE Interceptors will like it).

Heroic is the Resistance’s faction-exclusive card, so it’s going to be “Resistance only.”

EDIT: yep, you can see it on the left side of the card spread for the conversion kit. 

Edited by Herowannabe