Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

Articles up for Wave 2!

4 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Mining Guild Tie drops the 4 K-Turn from the dial and the 5 straight is red. The pilot cards are obscured so I can't tell if Notched Stabilizers is a charge based or persistent effect. The description in the article seems to imply persistent but that doesn't guarantee anything.

swz23_a1_captain-seevor.png

Notched Stabilizers are persistent as a built-in ship ability. Capt Seevor here has a charge, but that is for his pilot ability.

Edited by thomedwards

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Mining Guild Tie drops the 4 K-Turn from the dial and the 5 straight is red. The pilot cards are obscured so I can't tell if Notched Stabilizers is a charge based or persistent effect. The description in the article seems to imply persistent but that doesn't guarantee anything.

It's not charge based.  You can see the full Captain Seevor card in the article

Ninj'd

Edited by gjnido

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

it is persistent. You can view a pilot somewhere in the article. 

Edited by Duskwalker

1. Midnight = cool.
  2. Zeta Ace is dead, long live Longshot.  I'll miss the length-2 barrel rolls, but the new ability is also cool.
  3. Fanatical Devotion seems strong.  I'll be interested to see how much it costs.
  4. I think I like Heroic.  It's hard to see how easy it'll be to trigger.  The ability to turn a horrible dice crap-out into something decent seems OK, depending on cost.  It was just occuring to me: presuming the B/SF still has 1 green die, and presuming it has a Gunner slot (for Finn), that could be a really nice combo.  Defend in arc, roll a blank, add a blank, reroll both blanks.
  5. So Poe is just PTL now?  I mean, that's strong.
  6. I don't really like that Black One makes you take the Ion token immediately after SLAMing otherwise you'll never be able to SLAM again. 
  7. Hardpoint is... kinda boring.  Homing Missiles are dirt cheap, HLC is also pretty affordable, and with Poe's PTL he's probably OK at setting it up.  Depending on how the T-70 S-Foils are worded, that might be really good.  Wow.  The more I think about that, depending on wording that could be really good.  Full-dice cannon shots with closed S-Foils?
Edited by theBitterFig

Wish we had gotten a full look at an RZ-2 card to get confirmed statline and ship ability. Still, I’m liking what I see so far.

You may have changed your name, Midnight, but you are still my girl.

And PTL Poe! Very interesting change to his ability.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I don't really like that Black One makes you take the Ion token immediately after SLAMing otherwise you'll never be able to SLAM again. 

It seem to me it's a 1 time SLAM either way

3 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

So, Heroic is clearly made for Ficklegreendice. 

Looks fun. The A-wing in particular with it's rotating arc. Interested in the FO gunner. 

It seemed awkwardly worded until I realized it is so you can trigger it after defending with Finn on the Falcon. 

1 minute ago, Sithborg said:

So, Heroic is clearly made for Ficklegreendice. 

Looks fun. The A-wing in particular with it's rotating arc. Interested in the FO gunner. 

To me, it looks like the Special Forces Gunner is mostly like the 1e version, except you have to preemptively declare your intention by rotating your mobile arc to either front or back.  That seems fair, in this edition of lower action economy.

1 minute ago, gjnido said:

It seem to me it's a 1 time SLAM either way

I don't know why I was reading it as the Ion also refreshing the charge.  Sometimes that happens, one just reads something and makes some misinterpretation, then just runs with it.

1 minute ago, Duskwalker said:

It seemed awkwardly worded until I realized it is so you can trigger it after defending with Finn on the Falcon. 

Makes me wonder if Rey will have a different ability, then.  I'd thought of the B/SF, but forgot the falcon entirely :P

Edited by theBitterFig

5 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I don't really like that Black One makes you take the Ion token immediately after SLAMing otherwise you'll never be able to SLAM again. 

Hardpoint is... kinda boring.  Homing Missiles are dirt cheap, HLC is also pretty affordable, and with Poe's PTL he's probably OK at setting it up.  Depending on how the T-70 S-Foils are worded, that might be really good.  Wow.  The more I think about that, depending on wording that could be really good.  Full-dice cannon shots with closed S-Foils?

Yeah Black One is a one-time SLAM, ninja'd @gjnido. And I'm okay with a downside, that's straight from The Last Jedi. 

T-70s are going to have to be expensive. Maybe not Defender expensive, but hopefully E-Wing expensive. I'd be okay seeing Poe cost at much as Corran.

Poe's going to be a monster. Trigger-Happy Flyboy indeed...

2 minutes ago, BowTiesRCool said:

Interesting the the Resistance side conversion kit only has stuff for 10 ships, while the First Order kit has stuff for 18 ships, but they cost the same $29.99.  Seems a little unbalanced?

It's almost like one faction has slightly buffed tie fighters and the other does not.

4 minutes ago, BowTiesRCool said:

Interesting the the Resistance side conversion kit only has stuff for 10 ships, while the First Order kit has stuff for 18 ships, but they cost the same $29.99.  Seems a little unbalanced?

Seems unfair that the First Order has to buy 7 models to compete with only 4 from the resistance.  Seems a little unbalanced.

1 minute ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

T-70s are going to have to be expensive. Maybe not Defender expensive, but hopefully E-Wing expensive. I'd be okay seeing Poe cost at much as Corran.

Poe's going to be a monster. Trigger-Happy Flyboy indeed...

Until I see the S-Foils text, E-Wing expensive seems excessive, at least for the baseline chassis.  Poe, to be sure, has a huge pilot ability that probably demands a huge step-up in cost, but I don't see it for generics.  The E-Wing has a much stronger ship ability, a few linked actions (even if Move -> TL actions, rather than Move -> Focus), and an extra agility, with the same HP and Red dice.  Maybe the T-70 S-Foils add a lot, but if they're roughly the equivalent of the T-65 with Boost and Barrel Roll switched, having a ~60 point price tag on a generic T-70 would be insane.  Personally, I'm guessing like... 47-50 for a PS 2 generic.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Makes me wonder if Rey will have a different ability, then.

I think it's something like "When defending or performing an attack, if the enemy is in your [primary firing arc], you may spend 1 [Force token] to change 1 Focus result to an Evade or Hit."

There isn't a ton of space in the text box for spending a Force token, though. I think it'd be silly if she had the Force but didn't spend it on her ability; all other Force users do so far. That means her ability is only meh because most of the time I bet she'll have a hard time getting enemies in arc without that 1 hard turn.

4 minutes ago, BowTiesRCool said:

Not really. The RZ-2 A-Wing won't be in it, plus the Resistance didn't get a ship that came in with the TIE/sf. They were already short a ship in the lineup since they got the T-70 3 times.