Sign in to follow this  
Mike1977

Distribution (Deck Quality)

So I'm very intrigued by this distribution.

My thought are that its easier to make a poor deck then it is to make a good one; so I'm thinking the deck quality may look something like this:

Very Good Deck 5%
Good Deck 15%
Mediocre Deck 30%
Bad Deck 40%
Very Bad Deck 10%

So like a 1/20 chance of getting something really good.

I'd love to get other players feedback on what they think the odds are of getting a good/bad deck.

What qualifies as "good" to you?

Given that the game is competitive, I would say that certain people will end up with decks that are just devastating everything below them.  Most TCGs have "tier 1" decks that exist in numbers of half a dozen or less at a time.  Given the sheer number of combinations of cards if you randomly assigned cards to a deck, those "tier 1" decks will make up less than 0.5% of the decks out "in the wild".

I mean 50% of decks will be "above average" in that they will literally be above the average.  So if that counts as "good" then 50% will be "good".

20 minutes ago, Izathel said:

What qualifies as "good" to you?

Given that the game is competitive, I would say that certain people will end up with decks that are just devastating everything below them.  Most TCGs have "tier 1" decks that exist in numbers of half a dozen or less at a time.  Given the sheer number of combinations of cards if you randomly assigned cards to a deck, those "tier 1" decks will make up less than 0.5% of the decks out "in the wild".

I mean 50% of decks will be "above average" in that they will literally be above the average.  So if that counts as "good" then 50% will be "good".

All the tournament decks will be top notch; I'm talking about the distribution. The odds of getting something bad/good.

42 minutes ago, Mike1977 said:

So I'm very intrigued by this distribution.

My thought are that its easier to make a poor deck then it is to make a good one; so I'm thinking the deck quality may look something like this:

Very Good Deck 5%
Good Deck 15%
Mediocre Deck 30%
Bad Deck 40%
Very Bad Deck 10%

So like a 1/20 chance of getting something really good.

I'd love to get other players feedback on what they think the odds are of getting a good/bad deck.

It's difficult to say without the knowledge of the whole card´pool, but your numbers seem realistic with the limited informations we have.