Naboobo2000

New Storage Solution for your SSD!

11 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

I'm going to wait for exact model dimensions, but I'm planning to have to pack based around this thing for tournament play.

Yea. Will need a full foam kit with things surrounding it

i'm looking forward to the number of Impos who'll have to hand carry their "little wooby" onto the plane because they can't be without it/it won't fit in their carry-on.  It's OK, Impo, you're a big boy wearing big boy pants! No need to pout because someone made fun of your plastic giant lawn dart!

6 hours ago, geek19 said:

i'm looking forward to the number of Impos who'll have to hand carry their "little wooby" onto the plane because they can't be without it/it won't fit in their carry-on.  It's OK, Impo, you're a big boy wearing big boy pants! No need to pout because someone made fun of your plastic giant lawn dart!

thats the fantastic thing about the SSD, everyone gets something out of it. Joy, salt, more salt, you name it.

7 hours ago, rhs2042 said:

In all seriousness, this one could actually work, and isn't a terrible price:

https://www.sharmusic.com/cases-bags/violin/cushy-174-deluxe-carry-all-0153-dart-shape-backpack-case-cover-for-violin.axd

cfcf72fc1e63626755ad64734e2f5ca7.jpg

Husband: I'm off to my violin concert!
Wife: I'd love to come and listen.
Husband: No, no, no! I get too nervous when I know you're in the crowd.
Wife: (I've never even seen his violin. Oh no, he's cheating on me.)
*Follows husband to game store*
Wife: (IT'S SO MUCH WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!)

Although the idea was initially just a joke, this just arrived from Germany. Should be large enough for a SSD as well as anything else outrageously large FFG decides to one day release not to mention being able to expand my collection to include a 10K strong TRC90 swarm.

sHuCJJy.jpg

Edited by Yosh6314

I think all of you guys are missing the point, 

You don't need packaging because SSD does not go to tournaments,

tournaments come to SSD, 

If you happened to open the packaging at your dinner table, thats where SSD stays, if you decided to take a peek inside the box at the local store just after buying it, SSD stays there and you can come to visit it time to time. Don't recommend opening the box in the open, as you don't want to have a tournament game at a rainy weather. 

3 hours ago, Yosh6314 said:

Although the idea was initially just a joke, this just arrived from Germany. Should be large enough for a SSD as well as anything else outrageously large FFG decides to one day release not to mention being able to expand my collection to include a 10K strong TRC90 swarm.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATY0MDABLWJkNGItN2RjYwAtMDACLTAwCgBGAAAD0usLklUwSE%2BGbCaUHXdMPgcAThsmPnVqHkieJcFbKHsJmAAAAgEMAAAAThsmPnVqHkieJcFbKHsJmAACvFDjdAAAAAESABAAgCcSFF4vfkWV37Zw1P%2BCrQ%3D%3D&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=a3-_3VGFEkOmgyQGNH631VBc_OCnA9YYXYfk4sdF0MSKSG7_ghacyDjTJPHwAy8S6hFnTfhz7W4.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.eyJ2ZXIiOiJFeGNoYW5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI6Ik93YURvd25sb2FkQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1zZXhjaHByb3RcIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTI4MjctNDA5NjAwLTMxNzU4NDEyMjhcIixcInB1aWRcIjpcIjE3NTkyMjE3ODAyODI4MjhcIixcIm9pZFwiOlwiMDAwNjQwMDAtYmQ0Yi03ZGNjLTAwMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwXCIsXCJzY29wZVwiOlwiT3dhRG93bmxvYWRcIn0iLCJuYmYiOjE1MzQ0NDQ4ODgsImV4cCI6MTUzNDQ0NTQ4OCwiaXNzIjoiMDAwMDAwMDItMDAwMC0wZmYxLWNlMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50Lm91dGxvb2subGl2ZS5uZXRAODRkZjllN2YtZTlmNi00MGFmLWI0MzUtYWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhIn0.hibtQYHjO5SYd_hIP5DK-qSmlZ_HncwkfohhpojrDb-IZNfWZNVX1n7Dcw9V-CzlC8vnIqFWwc-bE1wz6IXTyeXyRkTnRyjN1jHBAIw64PYfQSrN_eNUbpB_iyG1gVASt2dzzTreqjvKYuEkArYpshDIL3-T0ciYJKMlZ5nWP5u5cPHkhF6yHbGFw0P-s_wOMSRAR_yJ6xK3JsakQpINVGphKUwXt3kfRinKKIUZjY1xhIItOmEowcbgRjaxro8X_acu8ndY8p9wx8f1i_eeGeDJQbV84QOBDmtBBVHU367NGkJVny7tWOrSMVcy37GhUYgO43BvLG2FSTbaRIQ3fw&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

your ummm, link? or picture or what ever doesnt seem to be functional at the moment... could you repost?

5 hours ago, Crabbok said:

I'll probably just keep the original packaging for the SSD.  First ship ever I do that for.   

That is what I do for all of my ships. I have a big storage bin and I put all my shows with original packaging in there. For travel, which never happens, I put the ships I'm using in the tool box I use for all my pieces or a big cardboard box... I'm cheap... And it works just as well and the big heavy duty box with astronaut form taken from the space shuttle program dipped in Flame retarder and anti mixture resin. Hahaha

in all seriousness, I've gone through this when buying Mel's SSD, even took some measurements to scratch build one, and the Airsoft rifle case was my answer. It can even hold 2 of it, or a SSD+Resurgent+some smaller SD, it is fool proof, can be thrown around and (maybe) be accepted aboard a plane