Gengis Jon

Let the Wookie Win — Chewie’s official rollout

Interesting...

“These strong relationships are even more evident in Chewbacca’s signature command cards. In addition to Han Solo, Chewbacca also formed a strong connection with both Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa during the Galactic Civil War and each of his command cards gives you the power to use Chewie in tandem with one of these iconic heroes. For example, the strong affinity he shares with Han Solo allows you to ignore the normal rules concerning command cards. Normally, a command card is discarded at the end of the round it is revealed. But Chewbacca and Han Solo have a reputation as Notorious Scoundrels,  allowing you to bring one of Han’s discarded command cards back to your hand for another use.

6 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

Makes me really wonder what his Luke and Leia cards are...

Han has been "shown" to need a steady supply of tricks to be effective, so Chewy gives home one of those back once he's used it.

Luke's command cards make him an effective Melee bruiser whilst chucking the odd token to his allies, so Chewy could have some sort of turn pass, letting him forgo his activation to make Luke activate twice.

Leia makes basic corps units op via her command cards, so Chewy could act as an extension of Leia's regular abilities letting them reach further on the battlefield.

All the above bar Han is speculation, so don't take it as fact.

Is that 3PO on the sliver of art you can see on the 2-pip command card?

Also, interesting that the third command is face down. (Same for one of the upgrade cards for the Wookie squad.) Makes me wonder if they haven’t landed on the final set up yet and are still play testing. 

2 minutes ago, Gengis Jon said:

Also, interesting that the third command is face down. (Same for one of the upgrade cards for the Wookie squad.) Makes me wonder if they haven’t landed on the final set up yet and are still play testing. 

It's standard for ffg previews to hide some cards

12 minutes ago, OccasionallyCorrect said:

While performing a melee attack, if you are wounded or if one of your minis have been defeated, add 1 red attack die to your attack pool

That 4-point upgrade card is called “Tenacity” and is also the second card in the Wookie squad lineup, under the Bowcaster card.

3 minutes ago, Gengis Jon said:

That 4-point upgrade card is called “Tenacity” and is also the second card in the Wookie squad lineup, under the Bowcaster card.

It's also in the Royal Guard expansion, so no worries there, imperial players.

I will echo the above sentiments that Chewie looks great!

Also, I like the different flavor he has vs. Boba Fett.  Boba's command cards are all about him (that we know of so far anyway), where Chewie's are about him working in synergy with Han, Luke or Leia.  Thematically, this difference makes sense for each of the operatives.

Edited by Thevshi

1 hour ago, Gengis Jon said:

Looks like cloud city where he is in parts.

Leia's card had better reference walking carpets and no medals or hugs for you!

I am not sure if I like Guardian on a character with a white defense die and no surge. He has a lot of health, so if you must, you must, but whomever he is guardian-ing has a better chance to negate the damage. 

I guess wookiees are made to be punching bags.

2 hours ago, Gengis Jon said:

Guessing that's Bespin Chewie, meaning it's likely his "Leia" command card. Meaning his 1-pip is his "Luke" synergy command card.

1 minute ago, Mep said:

Leia's card had better reference walking carpets and no medals or hugs for you!

I am not sure if I like Guardian on a character with a white defense die and no surge. He has a lot of health, so if you must, you must, but whomever he is guardian-ing has a better chance to negate the damage. 

I guess wookiees are made to be punching bags.

Guardian seems like a way to trigger "enrage" while an opponent is focusing on another target. Not sure what that does beyond the infinite courage... but likely something good.

Edited by WAC47

22 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Guessing that's Bespin Chewie, meaning it's likely his "Leia" command card. Meaning his 1-pip is his "Luke" synergy command card.

Guardian seems like a way to trigger "enrage" while an opponent is focusing on another target. Not sure what that does beyond the infinite courage... but likely something good.

Enrage gives him CHARGE, apart from "-" courage

32 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Enrage gives him CHARGE, apart from "-" courage

Aha! Charge looked like "Enrage" when squinting, and I thought it was weird that the keyword referenced itself...

Is anyone else worried about keeping him alive? 9 hp is a lot, but he has no defensive abilities (and one that actually draws wounds onto him) and a white die with no surge. Maybe Dodges from Han will help him stick around.

22 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Is anyone else worried about keeping him alive? 9 hp is a lot, but he has no defensive abilities (and one that actually draws wounds onto him) and a white die with no surge. Maybe Dodges from Han will help him stick around.

He definitely needs to be in cover.  Anything will volume of fire is going to melt him down pretty quick.