Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

Rules reference for 2.0 just hit

9 minutes ago, mcintma said:

"Flanking: If ship A crosses the midway line of ship B, then ship A is
flanking ship B."

Don't recall seeing this before, new design space?

It seems to me that flanking completely neutralizes reinforce as well since the attacking ship must be entirely in one arc or the other, precluding crossing the midway line.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Linked Actions note:

"A linked action can be performed after performing the action it is attached to even if that action was granted by a card effect or other game effect."

Ok, thats huge. That opens up a lot of shady tricks.

Indeed. The examples also show that this also applies to the A-wing and Tie Interceptor's pilot abilities, so at least they're not left out.

Other things I noticed;

-As suspected, ships cannot equip duplicate upgrades even if they have two of the same slot (No double stealth device or concussion missiles)

-Huge ships are name dropped, which is a ray of hope for Epic fans, I guess.

-Limited upgrades with multiple bullet points (Allowing for multiple copies in one squad) are alluded to. ●●Attani Mindlink seems possible now.

7 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Linked Actions note:

"A linked action can be performed after performing the action it is attached to even if that action was granted by a card effect or other game effect."

Yeah I noticed that, maybe some good combo with Afterburners? 

and they explained failed actions on page 11

FAIL
Some effects can fail, which means the effect did not resolve as intended and
instead is resolved in a default way.
• A ship can fail when it barrel rolls, boosts coordinates, decloaks, deploys,
jams, locks, or SLAMs.
• An effect that fails does not trigger any effects that would occur after a
ship resolves that effect.
• If an action fails, the player does not choose a different action to perform
and cannot choose to resolve the effect in a different way.
• If an action fails, since the action was not completed, that ship cannot
perform a linked action.
• If a red action fails, the ship does not gain a stress token.

15 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Linked Actions note:

Not really happy about this. So much for restricting actions in 2.0. I guess most links are red but it does open a window that didn’t need opened.

Edited by LordFajubi

Spending a die is apparently considered modification now.

That is, if we still have effects that deny flat modification. Assuming OL still has his ability. All i can recall that affects modification is token related.

edit: So apparently Focus still specifically says "spend a focus" but evade tokens "spend one or more"

Evadestacking is possible in a single attack again. But since it doesnt flatout add the result, not AS big a problem

Edited by Vineheart01

3 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Not really happy about this. So much for restricting actions in 2.0. 

Do note that under Locks they specify "Acquiring a lock is not the same as a lock action"

Thats the big one that would abuse this since thats the easiest "free action" to get. But its not an action, so doesnt count.

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Do note that under Locks they specify "Acquiring a lock is not the same as a lock action"

Thats the big one that would abuse this since thats the easiest "free action" to get. But its not an action, so doesnt count.

It does gurantee that awings and ints can take 3 actions a turn though doesn’t it? For half the price of the only other ship that can do that.

Edited by LordFajubi

Bit of a flop but i think they mean a medium/large ship decloaks using the 1fwd template as though it were a small base. It doesnt actually say that, but a med/large ship as written is only barrelrolling with the side of the template. Which is a HUGE difference from the small ship 2fwd template, even with the base difference.

Also you can fail to decloak apparently. You go back to your original position and do not remove the token, it says nothing about trying again. Oo...thats kinda horrifying to fail a decloak....

17 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Wow so proximity mines do 2 damage min and possible 3 with crits counting as long as the victim rolls a hit or crit. Those are kinda cool.

No, they do a minimum of 1 damage with up to 3. I actually thought they were going to be worse than Cluster Mines, but they're actually a marked improvement on themselves from 1.0.

Other things of note

•They forgot to errata the SawXs Renegades R4 to small ship only

•Slave I does not give stress tokens

6 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

It does gurantee that awings and ints can take 3 actions a turn though doesn’t it? For half the price of the only other ship that can do that.

Not by themselves (or another ability like Jake or Turr's). E.G. An Interceptor performs an evade action, then uses its abilith to perform a red boost action. It is now stressed, qnd thus cannot perform another action.

However, an Unstressed Interceptor could be coordinated a focus action, perform a red boost action, execute a blue maneuver, then perform an evade action followed by a red barrel roll action. That's four actions in one turn.

Edited by Squark

32 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

A-wings do not have any linked actions. They get their standard one action, then they get the red boost action as a ship ability. So, that's 2 actions.

TIE Interceptors look to be the same, except they get roll or boost. Still, 2 actions.

Unless I'm totally missing something, I don't see those ships getting 3 actions.

EDIT: Okay, so I looked a little closer at the Interceptors. Turr Phennir gets an action after attacking, so he technically could get 3 actions if he plays it right. Soontir gets a Focus if there is a target in his bullseye, so that is *effectively* an action. So, I guess there are 2 Interceptors that, in some instances, get 3 actions.

I'm also not considering support ships adding actions. I'm talking about the ships standing on their own.

Edited by thomedwards
Interceptor update and no support ships

31 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Linked Actions note:

So that means with Advanced Sensors, you can perform an action + linked action. Awesome. Trigger Advanced Sensors, then perform a blue maneuver to cancel the stress.

Apparently not.

Edited by jwilliamson12