evcameron

Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

4 minutes ago, evcameron said:

Dee Yun has complained about YASB 2.0 in his last couple podcasts, so it's just a friendly stab back at him :)

Farmer has made it the banner of the Mynock facebook page, all in good fun.

So having some fun then. :) I'm going to be honest, my browser cuts off the name on the page title so I had a major WTF? moment. I enjoy YASB 2.0. :)

13 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Site seems to have major glitches, just tried retrieving 2 Rebel Lists (and points/name of list there) but when you open it nothing appears

Can you let me know the contents of the lists, when you made them and when you last successfully loaded them? Trying to diagnose with @raithos, I can't load one of my lists but can load everything else.

19 minutes ago, evcameron said:

Can you let me know the contents of the lists, when you made them and when you last successfully loaded them? Trying to diagnose with @raithos, I can't load one of my lists but can load everything else.

It's all my content, from each faction 3 lists each (Rebel, Empire and Scum) reverts to 1.0 (100 point format) any allows for 1 pilot to be displayed regardless of faction/and or list. As for the contents of each list, I don't remember because I saved them through the app and the ability to re-build them is an issue as it will not let me exceed 1.0 points and restrictions. They were made up to 2 weeks ago. No adjustments to the lists have been made since. Last successful upload of them was probably Monday night. 

Edited by Cgriffith
added content

13 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

It's all my content, from each faction 3 lists each (Rebel, Empire and Scum) reverts to 1.0 (100 point format) any allows for 1 pilot to be displayed regardless of faction/and or list. As for the contents of each list, I don't remember because I saved them through the app and the ability to re-build them is an issue as it will not let me exceed 1.0 points and restrictions. They were made up to 2 weeks ago. No adjustments to the lists have been made since. Last successful upload of them was probably Monday night. 

Check the URL of the site you're on. Are you by any chance on https://geordanr.github.io? That's the 1.0 builder. The 2.0 lists will still show when you try to load, but exactly what you're describing will happen when you load them.

Make sure you're on https://raithos.github.io

2 minutes ago, evcameron said:

Check the URL of the site you're on. Are you by any chance on https://geordanr.github.io? That's the 1.0 builder. The 2.0 lists will still show when you try to load, but exactly what you're describing will happen when you load them.

Make sure you're on https://raithos.github.io

Tired again, same results. And yes I'm on the correct squad builder, although I'd think the 1.0 squad builder being closed would help that type of confusion in the future.

4 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Tired again, same results. And yes I'm on the correct squad builder, although I'd think the 1.0 squad builder being closed would help that type of confusion in the future.

Closing the old one would be up to Geordanr, the new one is built by someone new (@raithos). I suspect Geordanr will leave it up though, there are people out there staying with 1.0.

Edited by evcameron

7 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Can you take a screen capture of the result of you loading and failing?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

They're the exact same list so either of the Ion Cannon turreted VCXs would benefit.

Edit: I should have looked closer at the URL. The second link should have the VTG.

Edited by Hiemfire

So I've entered in my collection, but it is reporting that I own more ship models than I actually do.  I've put in the 2.0 conversion kits and then added a ship to the collection for each model I already own.  The conversion kits don't have any models, so I have no idea where the extra 2 models for each ship are coming from.

"Dee Yun Loves Twin Laser Turret"... Ouch... This is starting to get messy.

Just noticed the subtext on all of the pilots I've looked at so far in the last couple of minutes... How long is this going to go on for?

Edited by Hiemfire

On 9/3/2018 at 3:18 PM, HolySorcerer said:

So I've entered in my collection, but it is reporting that I own more ship models than I actually do.  I've put in the 2.0 conversion kits and then added a ship to the collection for each model I already own.  The conversion kits don't have any models, so I have no idea where the extra 2 models for each ship are coming from.

At this time, because of how collection is coded, I need to add ship models to the conversion kits because if they don't an expansion to hold them, they dont show up as a ship you can add to the collection. So you're seeing 2 extra models for each ship because they're coming from there. This is the work around for now, until I have the time to overhaul the system to work with individual ships and separate them from the kits.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:41 AM, Rakaydos said:

So your lists with VCX's will have to be redone because I had to redo the order of upgrades, but the gunner slot should be working now in links 

1 minute ago, T70 Driver said:

Anyone having problems naming squads from a mobile phone? I go to name a new squad and can't enter any letters in the box.

Works fine for me. What browser/OS are you using or do you have other apps running simultaneously with your browser? Browser/OS could help raithos pin down the issue. Also if your phone is updating it can mess with inputs.

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Works fine for me. What browser/OS are you using or do you have other apps running simultaneously with your browser? Browser/OS could help raithos pin down the issue. Also if your phone is updating it can mess with inputs.

Phone was updating at the time. No problem with naming squads now.