Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

SSD pic

some people that cannot get over this, maybe concentrate more on the base? the model is huge, much larger than the base itself, and th base counts. i think it looks absolutely managable, the rest we know tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

If placed facing directly pointed at the opponent, you start the game within red dice range, maybe even blue range. Game over man.

Except that your enemy will grossly out deploy the SSD so they are guaranteed to outflank you. Game over for the SSD.

2 hours ago, FoaS said:

I'm willing to bet that the width of the base is the same as the large base. I think some fancy geometry from that can be done to find out how big we're talking.

Looks wider here (image from the main SSD thread) 

334792838_Sidebyside.JPG.6e2ea664a1c2bc6dbc1ddfad41774f09.JPG

2 hours ago, NebulonB said:

some people that cannot get over this, maybe concentrate more on the base? the model is huge, much larger than the base itself, and th base counts. i think it looks absolutely managable, the rest we know tomorrow.

Yeah, all small ships and even some medium ships can fit entirely under the part of the SSD sticking out at the back.

We're properly entering 3D space here!