DScipio

SSD Poll Threat. Happy or not.

I am very happy :) i don't why but I waved my hands crazilyy while watching the live feed at the office ( yup people stared at me).

For me OT era is complete with this addition and I think that was my main reason entering miniatura gaming as well. 

I always assumed they would have 2xISD size ( but with a single large base) and retail price of 100 USD rather than 200 USD. 

This 24 inch model is going to be a challenge to play with and all I am hoping for is that FFG have thought a way to balance the game.

I am not sad about rebels, i think all these big MC ships and heavy bombers now have one big target to play with and it should be fun.

22 hours ago, Flavorabledeez said:

I’m glad they gave the Empire something gigantic in this game. I main mostly Rebels, and lately the Empire has felt less... Imperial... due to ship size, if that makes sense. I also hope they don’t bother with huge Rebel ships. I’d much rather have your examples of utilitarian pieces/cards/tactics that feel more like the rebellion than something big just to “balance” it all out.

I kind of miss the early wave days where as the rebels I had to mainly focus on objectives and rarely brought down large ships. That felt more in the spirit of things than going toe-to-toe with the Empire

I agree with this perspective.  It’s weird that the rebels have more large ship options than the empire. 

I’m super happy about this.  I don’t play competitively, more just with family and what not, but I’ve got almost all the Armada products because I enjoy the models within the context of the game.  Having a SSD (and cards like Emperor Palpatine) is going to be awesome.  Yes, $200 seems a bit steep but I’ll definitely be buying it. :)

It looks really fun, but even the preorder price of $160 at Miniaturemarket is just a helluva chunk of change.  There's a reason I don't own any of the modern giant $100+ Games Workshop models, despite buying their other stuff for 20+ years now.

8 hours ago, AegisGrimm said:

It looks really fun, but even the preorder price of $160 at Miniaturemarket is just a helluva chunk of change.  There's a reason I don't own any of the modern giant $100+ Games Workshop models, despite buying their other stuff for 20+ years now.

Which reason?

Undecided. While it surely is a sight to behold, I am afraid of FFG giving it a huge mess of itsybitsy special rules to convince people of buying it. With it being so sturdy, I get ye old "Yeeeah, I'm just staying away of you and get my points elsewhere, thanks!" feel. Still: much too early to tell.

Very happy.

for those worried about price there are a few places online you can get about 20% off after shipping is factored in. Coolstuffinc, the war store, miniaturemart.  I don't know prices right now but last I checked this was accurate.  That could get you to about $160.  I know my LGS has a 20% off special orders and pre-orders. That's what I'll do.  

for those worried about future huge ships. I think we are going to see one anounced withing a year or so. My guess is SWM28 will be the 1st rebel huge ship. I hope viscount but we shall see.

I'm mixed, so both happy (it's a really great model) and unhappy (too high a cost, will it actually work?). What I like most about it is probably the implication of future huge ships. And what I'd most want to see out of Armada is expansion into the sequel trilogy era.

14 hours ago, DScipio said:

Which reason?

The fact that they are 110-150 bucks for an increasing frequency of giant models.  Even for a centerpiece model, that's too much for me.  At least at $160 a SSD comes assembled, painted (never was an issue before, but now it's a great assist for a guy with two young children and a new house to wrangle), and with additional gaming material.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:32 PM, ninclouse2000 said:

I agree with this perspective.  It’s weird that the rebels have more large ship options than the empire. 

I just wanted to reply to this.  I can see where you're coming from and I think there are two parts to this, in part one its fine: 

The Rebels have more different ships than the Empire certainly, but the Empire is always shown in the films as just fielding ever larger numbers of angry space triangles, they don't have much of a spectrum of design, whereas the Rebels have to make do, repurpose civilian ships and generally mash up their fleets with whatever they can fly.  

So to me it makes sense the Rebels would have more choice of hulls because the Empire has a pretty much infinite amount of angry space triangles (any colour, as long as you like Grey). :)

However, as I said, two parts.  The second part to that discussion is that because of the way the game works this means the Empire has fewer options as their ships all pretty much move the same and I could totally see how that would be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that the ISD flies really well on top of being super hard to kill and having a massive forward battery.  :)  

But I can still see how Imperial players might want to have more options.

So yeah, while I am (as a Rebel player) massively disappointed in this release and feel like my faction has been just totally ignored I am also happy for the Imperial players who are going to get perhaps the most iconic ship in their navy.

Edited by UberMunchkin

19 hours ago, UberMunchkin said:

Extremely disappointed.  A year since we last had any content and what they announce is a hugely expensive release which is only usable by a single faction.

I enjoy shooting at rebel ships, even with ffg giving me half wave each time.?