DScipio

SSD Poll Threat. Happy or not.

Meh. It’s a cool model... but it’s $200... but it’s epic... which means it might not get a lot of play... but it’s so huge... which will make it harder to lug around... but a slew of new upgrades... which you have to shell out big bucks to get.

for those with deep pockets I’m sure this is a tempting buy. For everyone else, that is a lot of cash for paper and plastic.

1 minute ago, Ewok on Stilts said:

Meh. It’s a cool model... but it’s $200... but it’s epic... which means it might not get a lot of play... but it’s so huge... which will make it harder to lug around... but a slew of new upgrades... which you have to shell out big bucks to get.

for those with deep pockets I’m sure this is a tempting buy. For everyone else, that is a lot of cash for paper and plastic.

It’s for standard play as well.

1 minute ago, Palanthas said:

It’s for standard play as well.

I know, but I’m sure with it’s stats it’s going to cost a huge chunk of fleet points, so at 400 it’s going to be a ship you build a fleet around, and you likely won’t have a lot of space for other ships. 

It will be awesome for 1000 point campaign battles. 

Very happy. I'll finally get to play with one of the coolest ships in all of Star Wars.

And I'm all about dreadnaught ship builds.

But I'm also a bit disappointed. We waited almost a year for a new wave and when we finally got news on something new and what the "something big" was, it's just a ship we've been expecting since the game was announced.

Happy as I am, I was really hoping for something new and unexpected in addition to the SSD to make up for the wait and silence on Armada from FFG. 

Happy.

A centerpiece that has been wanted/asked/theorized/imagined since 2015 is finally coming to the game.

Yes, the price is high, but considering the price of an ISD, we couldn't hope for much less, I guess.

It won't change the game for many, but sure it will a lot of fun to people that enjoy playing Armada without focusing only on the competitive side or like custom scenarios.

I can also see it as a "one time, group purchase" for game stores that host Armada or little communities that can share the tag price.

Very Happy - 1-Promise something big, we got it.

2 - They, I wish, get some of those scythe cruiser or mc130 viscount star defender to go with it one day. Closing with the legends.

-Armada is alive, and next year will surely see the clone era getting out.

Happy.

And retails for the cost of 10 fighter packs approx. Weigh that against the amount of model you are getting & it starts to look like not a bad deal for the price.

Also: now I want my Eclipse class, w/ Dark emperor, super laser and everything ?

Quite unhappy. I've been opposed to an SSD as long as it's been rumored. I feel like I could go on an on about all the reasons, but it's likely that everyone would just go out of their way to tell me why I'm wrong. The shortest version is probably this; it's a $200 model that I don't want that comes with cards that I know I'm going to want.