Dobbs Mottley

Couple of questions about the Mining Guild TIE

1 hour ago, Gadgetron said:

****, it would be cool if the empire could have as many releases/options as a newer faction...

Given that the goal is probably ostensibly to even out the factions, giving Imperials (or Rebels, or Scum) the same number of releases would be pretty stupid.

1 hour ago, Gadgetron said:

It would be cool if the empire could get some enemy tech to use rather than just giving up our own...

****, it would be cool if the empire could have as many releases/options as a newer faction...

I don't like other factions having TIE fighters either (I'm a Rebel player but I've flown Sabine's TIE like twice) but giving the Empire other factions' ships makes even less sense in-universe. I suppose Thrawn did that with Preybirds in the old EU, and V-Wings were around before TIEs were designed, but the Empire's MO is innovating and designing new and ever more specialized ships in their own idiom. It's much easier to picture criminals and rebels pilfering new Imperial craft than the reverse, however unfortunate that may be for Imperial ship diversity in X-Wing.

As far as lack of Imperial releases goes, I agree, and I'm surprised that FFG is choosing to increase the number of Scum ships when they already had more than Rebels and Imperials. I guess it's at least thematic that gangs of space pirates and mercenaries should have a lot of variety in their materiel, but I can't imagine that's much consolation to someone who's sick of flying yet another TIE Somethingorother.

8 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Given that the goal is probably ostensibly to even out the factions, giving Imperials (or Rebels, or Scum) the same number of releases would be pretty stupid.

Scum: 80 options for ships, 41 faction upgrades

Rebels: 79 options for ships, 32 faction upgrades

Empire: 69 options for ships, 21 faction upgrades

Academic question, because the C-ROC and it’s mods aren’t converted yet, but I wonder how this ship would interact with the loose cargo Container token from tha box. It is treated like asteroids, but having a different name might negate the sip ability.

5 hours ago, Gadgetron said:

Scum: 80 options for ships, 41 faction upgrades

Rebels: 79 options for ships, 32 faction upgrades

Empire: 69 options for ships, 21 faction upgrades

They're all rag tag bands of miscreants.  We are a clean and efficient war machine.  We need no options - all are crushed under our Imperial boot.

But the Mining TIE is super cool and I'm gonna buy a bunch of 'em.  ?

15 hours ago, AdmiralKirk said:

I don't like other factions having TIE fighters either (I'm a Rebel player but I've flown Sabine's TIE like twice) but giving the Empire other factions' ships makes even less sense in-universe. I suppose Thrawn did that with Preybirds in the old EU, and V-Wings were around before TIEs were designed, but the Empire's MO is innovating and designing new and ever more specialized ships in their own idiom. It's much easier to picture criminals and rebels pilfering new Imperial craft than the reverse, however unfortunate that may be for Imperial ship diversity in X-Wing.

As far as lack of Imperial releases goes, I agree, and I'm surprised that FFG is choosing to increase the number of Scum ships when they already had more than Rebels and Imperials. I guess it's at least thematic that gangs of space pirates and mercenaries should have a lot of variety in their materiel, but I can't imagine that's much consolation to someone who's sick of flying yet another TIE Somethingorother.

It's more the principal of the fact.  They gave our TIE fighter away, yet again, while simultaneously removing a bunch of our TIE pilots.  If if they kept Backstabber, Dark Curse, and Juno Eclipse at least we'd be closer in scale to the other factions.

They needed to ADD to our options, not take them away while rubbing lemon juice infused salt into our wounds.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:03 PM, Dwing said:

Another training wheels ship, proudly presented from the Rebel show. 

I wondered what the D stood for, guess after today I know!

On 8/2/2018 at 6:42 PM, Darth Meanie said:

We would send you a deck of Enemy Spacecraft Identification cards, like during WWII.

After enough games of poker or blackjack, you would be able to tell the difference.

According to my dad, they were still issuing those kinds of decks to soldiers during Desert Storm.

Though, why our troops in the Middle East needed to know the difference between TIE Reapers and Lambdas is anyone's guess.