Crawfskeezen

Armada Is Dead!

2 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Still don't see why. I mean unless you want me to burn your threads and spout DtO propaganda everywhere ? oh and have wildly inflammatory opinions... 

I did miss you all though. Interesting people one and all. Even the AiD trolls. 

Hey those two are my jobs. But I guess I can't do it alone. Welcome back.

Star-Wars-Propoganda-Posters3-thumb-450x

2 hours ago, Norsehound said:

We laugh, but there are some out there who are honking to the fact that this is a one-off expensive appeasement item while FFG's real love and attention is being heaped on X-Wing and Legion.

I mean, that's not an entirely incorrect view. $200 for one model is a bit expensive for those on a budget. And given the announcements, they're clearly focusing on those two games more than they are Armada (from a business standpoint, probably the best option).

30 minutes ago, Stasy said:

I mean, that's not an entirely incorrect view. $200 for one model is a bit expensive for those on a budget. And given the announcements, they're clearly focusing on those two games more than they are Armada (from a business standpoint, probably the best option).

I agree.  I think Armada has, honestly, run its course.  There's a ton of cool options and stuff to play with that if FFG did say the game was complete, I wouldn't be thinking, "What about ______?"  I think a lot of game companies should be doing that more often.

I think Legion and X-Wing have a lot more to mine from and easier to buy into.  Armada already had a reputation for being expensive.  The SSD reinforces it.

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Not a true one though. IMHO 

I totally agree.  I think a lot of people balk at the idea of dropping $50 on an ISD, but you need only 1.  When people are buying 3+ TIE Fighters for X-Wing, the price difference is a wash.

People aren't very good with money and price points.  I remember in a marketing class so many moons ago that they said $20 is that sweet price spot.  More and people start to reconsider buying.  I think that's why X-Wing excels so well.  The iconic, cool ships people want are $15-20.

5 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

What was that? I couldn't hear you over the screams of dying Rebels.

Hahahaha got that before. Most opponents have been dusted. You will have to test your luck one of these days. 

19 hours ago, LTD said:

Even @MattShadowlord is back in the game - the age of Titans hath come again... 

:D

I just had a very busy few months, and had to put Armada and most other hobbies on the backburner to give 'Real Life' precedence.

However, I recently realised while RL has its charms, I like Armada better :D

Edited by MattShadowlord

17 minutes ago, MattShadowlord said:

:D

I just had a very busy few months, and had to put Armada and most other hobbies on the backburner to give 'Real Life' precedence.

However, I recently realised while RL has its charms, I like Armada better :D

Basically why I am back. I want to play table top again. 

I answered some questions for you