eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Of course it is, it’s bugfer and has more guns and an Astro. Which of those things is new tech?

Of course, they could already put together this better fighter but didn't because reasons.
Having the knowledge of a type of tech doesn't mean you can't make it better. For exemple, in WWII, the BF109 E1 (1939) has a max speed of 550km/h. The K-4 ('44) goes at 727km/h, with better and heavier weapons. The tech is basically the same : 12 cylinder propeller engine. Yet a huge improvement.

1 minute ago, Giledhil said:

Of course, they could already put together this better fighter but didn't because reasons.
Having the knowledge of a type of tech doesn't mean you can't make it better. For exemple, in WWII, the BF109 E1 (1939) has a max speed of 550km/h. The K-4 ('44) goes at 727km/h, with better and heavier weapons. The tech is basically the same : 12 cylinder propeller engine. Yet a huge improvement.

The republic has been a galaxy-spanning civilization for tens of thousands of years. They’re not the US in the 20th century, lol.

13 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Serious question.  If the kids grew up with the prequels why would they care at all?  The films were terrible, both for kids and adults.  The adults had to sit through the most poorly shot, poorly written, boring garbage in cinematic history, while the kids had to watch boring political dialog and people walking down hallways or sitting on couches.  They had no nostalgia holding them there, why would they stay?

I guess I'm just baffled that anybody has any interest in prequel stuff, but I'm just a grumpy old man.  I'll leave you kids to play with your padmes and midiclorians and sand.  Just stay off of my lawn!

Yeah the movies were awful and cringeworthy, but the ship designs were sweet... hello Arc-170 :)   most of the republic ships are pretty sweet looking. And I tend to think of the clone wars series more than the prequel movies, because the series is actually really good. 

14 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

This pretty much cements my opinion that rebels and imperials are complete for xwing. Between rereleases and now 4 other factions needing to catch up there isn’t much need to make anything new for old school. Happy about the jedi fighter though, loved those in galaxies.

Hoping not. There's still so many new ships for Rebels and Imperials they could still release. Even if it's 2 Republic and 2 CIS ships per wave, they could also include either 1 Rebel or Imperial ship.

Here's hoping they'll also include Wedge Antilles as a Rebel pilot for the Delta-7 and Chanath Cha as an Imperial pilot for the Sith Infiltrator.

Edited by Vector

5 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I am ready for this alt art...

_c1518166-b53b-11e5-9860-1d91036943d1.jpg

star_pulp_wars_fiction_by_ghosticform-d4

Senior Vader tossing little Anni'es $@!@&.....

Boba disintegrating Windu?

Annie tossing whiny kylo's $@!@&.....

Thrawn as prequel scum / OT Empire stomping vulture droids....

download.jpg

5 minutes ago, Koing907 said:

Time to pick a faction. Hopefully FFG will keep from putting good upgrades in only one (or two) ship boxes.

Yeah... I've played since 2013 and have vehemently resisted choosing a faction.  Since there are now going to be Seven, I'll likely have to stick with 1 or two, and that bums me out.

2 minutes ago, Engine25 said:

Yeah... I've played since 2013 and have vehemently resisted choosing a faction.  Since there are now going to be Seven, I'll likely have to stick with 1 or two, and that bums me out.

I think I'm going to pick one faction, and then add whatever's dominant in the meta at the moment for competitive play. 

Seeing some of the reactions here makes me want to only ever  play prequel factions to see the rage on the faces of certain players, who can't stand that ffg are releasing things for people who enjoy things that they don't. 

Edited by Hylian100
Fixed typo

13 minutes ago, Engine25 said:

I’m going to start with converting everything I own to 2.0, and then see what release rate is like.

highly likely I won’t be all 7, but I’ll see what I can do. Prequels will come ahead of resistance for me for sure. Maybe ahead of FO too. We shall see.

9 hours ago, Nyxen said:

Saying the CIS is the bad guys really overlooks the politics of the Clone Wars. Arguably, the faction that wanted freedom from a tyrannical government that used an army of slaves to enforce its will should be seen as the good guys.

The "tyranny" the CIS wanted to escape from was the Republic opposing the various capitalist invasions of defenseless worlds. At least, that's what we see in Ep1. 

Also: the Republic is opposed to usuary- had laws against it until the war was in high gear. 

Not to mention the Blue Shadow virus: wiped out by the Republic, brought back and weaponized by the CIS.

And what, exactly, are droids if not slaves?