eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Hairy stones??

You must have a special edition director's cut with improved asteroids. . .

And why would they lose the Firespray?  They have Y-wings, HWK 290s and Z-95s still. . .

Because they are the only faction so far not to have a ship design copied from them. It makes my ties happy to see a non scum slave 1.

3 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Abandoning the two most iconic factions means that players with any amount of class or style will have no future products to buy or look forward to.  

Good news! FFG has just announced that they're going to be releasing ships in the 2 most iconic factions: the Republic and the CIS. 

2 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Serious question.  If the kids grew up with the prequels why would they care at all?  The films were terrible, both for kids and adults.  The adults had to sit through the most poorly shot, poorly written, boring garbage in cinematic history, while the kids had to watch boring political dialog and people walking down hallways or sitting on couches.  They had no nostalgia holding them there, why would they stay?

I guess I'm just baffled that anybody has any interest in prequel stuff, but I'm just a grumpy old man.  I'll leave you kids to play with your padmes and midiclorians and sand.  Just stay off of my lawn!

As a kid, I found all the scenes on Dagobah to be boring. For that matter, most of the Tatooine scenes in A New Hope were, as well (long stretches of nothing exciting happening - fast forward!) Philosophy isn't much more exciting than politics to kids.

My son likes the prequels because they have lots of lightsabers. Kind of hard to argue with that. Personally, as a kid, I would have liked all the vehicles and ships as well (okay, I still do... and I'm over 40).

I’m 46. Saw a new hope in the drive in in ‘77. The prequel movies were pretty bad, but the ERA they occur in is awesome. Galactic war, subtle machinations, rise of tyranny. Great stuff for epic stories (less great to actually live through). My imagination is sufficient to take the framework of the prequels and head canon what they should have been, so I’m super excited for CW era stuff. 

My main beef is that they didn’t also announce CW Armada. You know, the main era that actually HAD capital ship battles. 

1 minute ago, Forgottenlore said:

I’m 46. Saw a new hope in the drive in in ‘77. The prequel movies were pretty bad, but the ERA they occur in is awesome. Galactic war, subtle machinations, rise of tyranny. Great stuff for epic stories (less great to actually live through). My imagination is sufficient to take the framework of the prequels and head canon what they should have been, so I’m super excited for CW era stuff. 

My main beef is that they didn’t also announce CW Armada. You know, the main era that actually HAD capital ship battles. 

If they ever do it would get me to pick up Armada. :)

Just now, Hiemfire said:

If they ever do it would get me to pick up Armada. :)

They did a soft confirmation that they are working on it. 

When asked about CW Legion and X-Wing but not Armada the answer was an exaggerated “that does seem like a conspicuous oversight” or something like that. 

So, they’re working on it, but aren’t close enough to officially announce it yet. 

18 minutes ago, Emrico said:

Oh wow. It just hit me that this means we could get a Samuel L. Jackson card. I'll be looking forward to the unofficial nicknames/titles I'll see for that. 

Jim

"I'm tired of these all these nerf herding droids swams on this nerf herding playmat!" 

10 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

The PT era suffers from poor execution not a poor concept, had they worked out the kinks it could have been some of the very best of Star Wars we ever saw. And well to be fair, it does have great extra content be it the original Clone Wars multimedia project or Clone Wars the animated series (both of them). 

Perhaps they didn't announce it for them due to the SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW release for Armada stuff and the fact that we are getting the SSD added and they didn't want to take away from that. 

1 hour ago, LordFajubi said:

Omg, I just realized Christopher freaking Lee is on the table now. Even his crazy sail ship is worth it to field him.

Yes! Another incredible thing! The legend deserves to be there! Confederacy for life!

28 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

They did a soft confirmation that they are working on it. 

When asked about CW Legion and X-Wing but not Armada the answer was an exaggerated “that does seem like a conspicuous oversight” or something like that. 

So, they’re working on it, but aren’t close enough to officially announce it yet. 

Dang that would drain my wallet, I would be all in on that haha

4 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Abandoning the two most iconic factions means that players with any amount of class or style will have no future products to buy or look forward to.  Sure, you'll make money from the uncouth masses who just want whatever is the shiniest thing on the shelf, but some of us have taste, and won't be buying cw schlock.  If they abandon the core factions x-wing is dead.

Fellas. You have seen 3 entire ships for the Rebels and empire. 

Settle down. 

24 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Not going to lie, but the PT has me tempted to get Legion. 

Oh, I can't wait to see people painting up their legions!

9 minutes ago, Stealthcmc1974 said:

My poor poor wallet. We better get Anakin's Delta 7B to compliment Obi-Wan's Delta 7.

Speaking of, Vader vs Anakin. That'll be fun.

I'm looking forward to them releasing multiple Jedi Starfighters. I know I especially want Adi Gallia considering she tested the craft/was the protag of Jedi Starfighter.

The addition of this time frame give us so many great possibilities in regards to pilots, upgrade cards and ships. The idea that you can introduce Christopher Lee’s character Dooku, and Frank Oz’s Yoda is very intruding.

then of course this

Galatic Republic - Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Yoda, Mace “Freaking” Windu and other Jedi really. 

CIS - Jango Fett, Count Dooku, General Grievious, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul 

if they release Anakin and Obi-Wan as pilots that will be the only two ships I ever play... unless Jango Fett with Boba crew happens... FFG make that happen, like really!!