eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

38 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Serious question.  If the kids grew up with the prequels why would they care at all?  The films were terrible, both for kids and adults.  The adults had to sit through the most poorly shot, poorly written, boring garbage in cinematic history, while the kids had to watch boring political dialog and people walking down hallways or sitting on couches.  They had no nostalgia holding them there, why would they stay?

I guess I'm just baffled that anybody has any interest in prequel stuff, but I'm just a grumpy old man.  I'll leave you kids to play with your padmes and midiclorians and sand.  Just stay off of my lawn!

A lot of what you said can be said about a lot of stuff the people have nostalgia for. Transformers. He-man. Thundercats. Power Rangers. 

And don't underestimate how much people liked the Clone Wars cartoon. I mean, Ahsoka is a prominent member of the saga now. 

Will be very interested in seeing how they make 7 factions distinctly unique. 

How many ships do these Clone Wars factions have? I never really watched the animated show except for the first few episodes and the new Star Wars Resistance show will increase the Resistance and FO ship numbers.

It makes sense now why Ahsoka was missing from the Rebel conversion kit, they are probably saving her for the Clone Wars faction.

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

That N-1 specifically would end up Rebel faction? Like Sabine's Tie?

Yea, and how the Scum have access to the Y-Wing and Z-95. But she is the only one of the original cast outside of 3PO and R2 who isn't represented in the game as a pilot and it would be great to have her, Luke, and Han flying in a squad together with Chewie, 3PO, and R2 thrown in as upgrades to fly the OT bunch. 

42 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The adults had to sit through the most poorly shot, poorly written, boring garbage in cinematic history

I would argue that Ready Player One is a much worse movie than any if the three prequel Star Wars movies. And I hate the three prequels.

Yay! More ships that will appeal to a wider audience and increase the player base size. I can’t wait to blast some droid fighters with my B-wings.

(Only ships that truly excite me from prequel era are Eta-2s, when they get released I’ll buy into the faction then. Until then I’m sticking with my rebels (monetary reasons as well are going to keep my wallet in check)). Seriously good news.

16 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Yea, and how the Scum have access to the Y-Wing and Z-95. But she is the only one of the original cast outside of 3PO and R2 who isn't represented in the game as a pilot and it would be great to have her, Luke, and Han flying in a squad together with Chewie, 3PO, and R2 thrown in as upgrades to fly the OT bunch. 

To be fair, she's also the only one of those characters who wasn't a pilot.

46 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Also, Rogue One is over-rated and not that great either.  There is a great movie in there somewhere, but the theatrical cut wasn't it.

Soooooo, which 5 minutes of SW cinema does make you happy??

33 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

What concerns me (and should at least register with anyone overjoyed by this news) is that the design team had enough trouble balancing three factions together, never mind then SEVEN they're setting themselves up for with this. I was concerned enough that they would be able to handle the five that the Resistance and FO split would create. Adding the prequel factions too seems like insanity -

Compartmentalization by faction will make balancing easier, as long as they keep universal mods/cards to a minimum.

24 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Wouldn’t this be easier in the sense that you have less comboability by separating factions? 

Or, we could coin the word "comboability." :lol:

Ah, excellent. I enjoy the setting of the prequels even if I don't always enjoy the execution. The ships are beautiful and/or intriguing (both Aethersprite and Actis were high on my want-list). I'll get to fly Obi-Wan as a pilot. And can you imagine the gleam of one of the Queen's yachts as a large ship?

I want to fire Slave I's machine-gun!!

Edited by TheHumanHydra

4 minutes ago, TheHumanHydra said:

Ah, excellent. I enjoy the setting of the prequels even if I don't always enjoy the execution. The ships are beautiful and/or intriguing (both Aethersprite and Actis were high on my want-list). I'll get to fly Obi-Wan as a pilot. And can you imagine the gleam of one of the Queen's yachts as a large ship?

I want to fire Slave I's machine-gun!!

Oh hadn’t thought of that. Jango confirmed? Bout time scum lost a ship to duping. Jango should be better than Boba too. That asteroid chase against Obi-wan took some big hairy stones.

1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

Serious question.  If the kids grew up with the prequels why would they care at all?  The films were terrible, both for kids and adults.  The adults had to sit through the most poorly shot, poorly written, boring garbage in cinematic history, while the kids had to watch boring political dialog and people walking down hallways or sitting on couches.  They had no nostalgia holding them there, why would they stay?

I guess I'm just baffled that anybody has any interest in prequel stuff, but I'm just a grumpy old man.  I'll leave you kids to play with your padmes and midiclorians and sand.  Just stay off of my lawn!

But TLJ was so much worse hahaha.

59 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

A lot of what you said can be said about a lot of stuff the people have nostalgia for. Transformers. He-man. Thundercats. Power Rangers. 

And don't underestimate how much people liked the Clone Wars cartoon. I mean, Ahsoka is a prominent member of the saga now. 

Ahsoka has one of the best character arcs in screen fantasy/sci-fi. 

I’m excited about the new factions, but am struggling with the realization that I might not be able to keep up with seven factions going forward.  I’m going to have to make some tough decisions...  I guess I’ll wait and see how aggresive the release schedule is going to be.

On top of that, I know I won’t be able to resist the Armada SSD, which is going to stretch my wallet to the ripping point.

3 minutes ago, RookiePilot said:

I’m excited about the new factions, but am struggling with the realization that I might not be able to keep up with seven factions going forward.  I’m going to have to make some tough decisions...  I guess I’ll wait and see how aggresive the release schedule is going to be.

On top of that, I know I won’t be able to resist the Armada SSD, which is going to stretch my wallet to the ripping point.

This is me, except trade the SSD for the CIS Legion army.

I don’t know how I’m going to manage 7 if they’re very aggressive. If the waves look more like wave 2 (sans conversion kits) I can probably do it. If they are 1 ship/faction per wave, not going to happen.

40 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Oh hadn’t thought of that. Jango confirmed? Bout time scum lost a ship to duping. Jango should be better than Boba too. That asteroid chase against Obi-wan took some big hairy stones.

Jango worked for the CIS but that can't really be much different than Boba working for the Empire can it?

45 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Hairy stones??

You must have a special edition director's cut with improved asteroids. . .

And why would they lose the Firespray?  They have Y-wings, HWK 290s and Z-95s still. . .

Edited by Darth Meanie