eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

1 minute ago, Darth Meanie said:

My only critique might be than now S&V sorta becomes this dumb catch-all, regardless of era.

That’s been my problem with them from go. Making a dumping ground that doesn’t fit into anything else is why I hate that faction. Realistically if that’s what they wanted it should be by far the largest faction.

2 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Abandoning the Empire and the Rebels is a bit different than a version change.

Who said they were abandoning them? The Clone Wars factions are quite far off. The movie ships will likely be out again by the time they come out. If you are looking at how fast they are pumping out stuff for Legion, you can see them releasing the movie ships at least as fast. 

1 minute ago, eMeM said:

Nobody is abandoning anything but let's face it, at current pace of releases and with the uncertain fate of the spin-off movies there is simply not much to add. You'd just end up with waves of Saw Renegates style repaint boxes.

That would be great!  I said years ago that FFG should do more rereleases with "fixes" and new pilots and paint jobs and less rushed out new stuff.  I'll buy new Gunboat, Defender, Interceptor, etc pilots all day, but I'm not that interested in a stupid looking ship that showed up in one page in a comic book a decade ago.

6 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Abandoning the two most iconic factions means that players with any amount of class or style will have no future products to buy or look forward to.  Sure, you'll make money from the uncouth masses who just want whatever is the shiniest thing on the shelf, but some of us have taste, and won't be buying cw schlock.  If they abandon the core factions x-wing is dead.

And what exactly would they get hat they don’t have?

I mean yes they will trickle in new stuff as they come up. The heavy tie from Solo is inevitable. New ideas yet to be revealed will come. But there’s not much to them that’s not already been done.

1 minute ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Why on earth would you think they’re doing that?

Just now, Sithborg said:

Who said they were abandoning them? The Clone Wars factions are quite far off. The movie ships will likely be out again by the time they come out. If you are looking at how fast they are pumping out stuff for Legion, you can see them releasing the movie ships at least as fast. 

The original person I was responding to implied that Rebels and Empire were "complete" and wouldn't see new releases so they could focus on this new stuff.  IMO, that would kill the game for a lot of players.

7 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Abandoning the Empire and the Rebels is a bit different than a version change.

Only to you and some others.

No offense, but a lot of people are going to be stoked by this.  Not to mention, in terms of "active eras," it's the Sequels (IX and Resistance) an the Prequels (end of the Clone Wars cartoon) that are getting the love.

I mean, I'm a Galactic Empire guy first, but what's left except the Heavy TIE and tapping the EU??  The only other OT models I can think of are the T-47 and the Cloud Car, and they're airspeeders (not that TIE stroker doesn't count).

Edit to above:  New pilots in an old chassis isn't going to sell very well.

Edited by Darth Meanie

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

The original person I was responding to implied that Rebels and Empire were "complete" and wouldn't see new releases so they could focus on this new stuff.  IMO, that would kill the game for a lot of players.

That would be me and aside from pilots, Disney doesn’t like EU stuff and the other 4 need to catch up. So it’s a logical assumption, I did say it was my opinion but I believe it valid.

Just now, LordFajubi said:

That would be me and aside from pilots, Disney doesn’t like EU stuff and the other 4 need to catch up. So it’s a logical assumption, I did say it was my opinion but I believe it valid.

I believe it too.

So now it's been objectively quantified.

No need to look further.

29 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Coming next year, two new factions, this just got announced on GenCon.

Two ships they showed were Delta-7 and Sith Infiltrator, no details yet.

But the Delta-7 is so tiny!! (like many Clone Wars ships)

And honestly, it's one of the most uninspired designs in canon...

I suppose they will bump up the size a little.

Remember, kids that were 5-8 when the Phantom Menace released are now 24-27 years old, prime ages for people to spend their own money on games. They grew up with the prequels and they haven't had anything that caters to them in a while. There isn't much to release for the OT, but there are plenty of ships in the Clone Wars Era to release for the next few years. But if it isn't your cup of tea, don't buy it.

I'm curious on how they will deal with the Droid ships, will they all be like IG, same cost, same initiatives but different abilities? 

6 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Only to you and some others.

No offense, but a lot of people are going to be stoked by this.  Not to mention, in terms of "active eras," it's the Sequels (IX and Resistance) an the Prequels (end of the Clone Wars cartoon) that are getting the love. 

Edit to above:  New pilots in an old chassis isn't going to sell very well.

Yup - I’m pretty happy, albeit terrified a little for my own wallet and my self control.

2 minutes ago, Odanan said:

But the Delta-7 is so tiny!! (like many Clone Wars ships)

And honestly, it's one of the most uninspired designs in canon...

I suppose they will bump up the size a little.

The RZ-2 A-wing looks similar in size to the current RZ-1 model, which should be significantly larger, so that's possible, although I'd prefer tiny Jedi starfighters.

1 minute ago, Mrk1984 said:

Remember, kids that were 5-8 when the Phantom Menace released are now 24-27 years old, prime ages for people to spend their own money on games. They grew up with the prequels and they haven't had anything that caters to them in a while. There isn't much to release for the OT, but there are plenty of ships in the Clone Wars Era to release for the next few years. But if it isn't your cup of tea, don't buy it.

I'm curious on how they will deal with the Droid ships, will they all be like IG, same cost, same initiatives but different abilities? 

Serious question.  If the kids grew up with the prequels why would they care at all?  The films were terrible, both for kids and adults.  The adults had to sit through the most poorly shot, poorly written, boring garbage in cinematic history, while the kids had to watch boring political dialog and people walking down hallways or sitting on couches.  They had no nostalgia holding them there, why would they stay?

I guess I'm just baffled that anybody has any interest in prequel stuff, but I'm just a grumpy old man.  I'll leave you kids to play with your padmes and midiclorians and sand.  Just stay off of my lawn!