eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

What I dont understand is why those pictures mean Clone Wars confirmed...

I remember the empire using the Sith Infiltrator as a test bed // Prototype for Imperial Fighters in a comic at one point....

And while it may be unorthadox, Im sure SOMEONE used the Jedi Starfighter at SOME point during the Rebellion against the Empire.

Edited by Zeoinx

1 minute ago, Sithborg said:

Because they specifically said that Clone Wars content was coming? And those were the images used with the announcement.

Oh... what was it. - ? --> Oh by the way guys, *pictures appear* clone wars is coming... that is all *walks off*

Edited by Zeoinx

12 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Totally agree the Vulture Droid should be cheaper then the TIE at 20 points but I think Calculate alone instead of focus and skill 0 instead of 1 would be enough to drop their cost down 4 points and allow a 10 Ship Swarm. They could have a basic ability either given by a commander/title card or built onto the card as "Linked Systems" where if they attack an enemy attacked by another ship with the same name, they gain 1 attack die or the opponent loses one defense die. Or else they could give up their attack to grant another ship with the same name two extra dice.

And we absolutely need a Buzz Droid condition card!

Also Corey and Max called us Separatists because obviously they are Republic traitorous scum and don't acknowledge our Confederacy hahaha.

Init 0? 1 or 2 I could see but 0 could be simultaneously op and crippling. Always moving and doing actions first (takes blocking to a new scale) and always firing last (rapidly dying, often in the opening salvo against even the weakest foe). We need them play able not simple fodder...

8 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

Oh... what was it. - ? --> Oh by the way guys, *pictures appear* clone wars is coming... that is all *walks off*

There was an entire thread dedicated to the In Flight report a couple of days ago. Go Google FFG 2018 In Flight report, a vid covering should pop up in your search results.

24 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

More or less. It was a sort of post-scriptum after all the Star Wars announcements, with a note that they can't tell us more yet and they will share some details in November for X-wing and next year for Legion.

Strange timing isn't it, November, even before Wave 2. What if the Clone Wars are closer than we expect and come together with wave 3, `Q1 2019?

15 minutes ago, eMeM said:

More or less. It was a sort of post-scriptum after all the Star Wars announcements, with a note that they can't tell us more yet and they will share some details in November for X-wing and next year for Legion.

Strange timing isn't it, November, even before Wave 2. What if the Clone Wars are closer than we expect and come together with wave 3, `Q1 2019?

I mean, personally, I dont care as long as I get a V-Wing Model and new updated Arc-170 with a bit larger scale. Cant really think of any other ship from the CW I really care about though unless the N1 starfighter and Episode 1 Royal Naboo Cruiser count

On 8/2/2018 at 12:37 AM, eMeM said:

Coming next year, two new factions, this just got announced on GenCon.

Two ships they showed were Delta-7 and Sith Infiltrator, no details yet.

Imagine the smallest number possible. Halve it. Then divide that number by the amount of craps I don’t give. 

Seriously, I’ve never watched clone wars. I just don’t care.

But that means I have more money for alcohol. So that’s good.

14 hours ago, mazz0 said:

That's a given, surely?  If we get the Aethersprite without the ring I'm selling all my FFG products and taking up terrorism.

That reminds me - anybody notice they only talked about Clone Wars during the introduction, but the Aethersprite they showed was the model from Attack of the Clones?

Why on earth would they produce the hyperspace ring for the ship? 

16 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Honestly? If I was a betting man, it would give a gameplay feature that is limited to a Named Pilot, which would allow it to hypersapce INTO the match at any time.  in a specific location or "zone"

Simlar to how one of the Officers works in Armada.

Edited by Zeoinx

11 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

We have X-wings with closing S-foils despite this making just as much sense "because they look cool", so who knows.

I don't like this idea just as much as I dislike closing S-foils. But they do look cool.

bCitamk.png

1 hour ago, Rossetti1828 said:

The conspicuous lack of any Royal Guard pilots for the 2.0 Interceptors strongly suggests a new ship variant and model at least.

Everything outside wave 1 is getting new pilots. And again it won’t be a variant. Possible repaint but still a tie interceptor, so again no new ship just a different colored one.

2 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

Possible repaint but still a tie interceptor, so again no new ship just a different colored one.

I meant a specific "Royal Guard TIE" expansion in addition to an Interceptor expansion; the model painted red and with the little fins on the outside, possibly missile slot/shield too.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:22 PM, Zeoinx said:

I mean, there were the two tweets from the official FFG twitter account as well:

On 8/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, Spider said:

Imagine the smallest number possible. Halve it. Then divide that number by the amount of craps I don’t give. 

My favorite thing about the internet is the people who feel the need to express just how little they care.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:31 PM, markcsoul said:

So do you think Anakin will get vader's ability?  Or a better/worse ability?  This is for the adult version in likely an eta-2.

N-1 Anakin totally needs something related to spinning of course.

Hopefully there's a dual sided palp card.  Chancellor side for republic use, darth sidous side for CIS use.

Speaking about N-1's again, now that it can be released as a PT era ship, I wonder what the pilots will be.  Anakin, Ric Olie, and a generic Bravo Squadron Pilot seem the most likely.  Padme certainly could as she piloted one in AOTC as well as an episode of Forces of Destiny.  Ahsoka piloted one in that episode as well, but I would assume she'd be in one of the jedi starfighters.  So if there's only 4 pilots to start with, they should be Anakin, Ric Olie, Padme, and Bravo.  Not sure if any of the other pilots in the battle of Naboo had names, but could add a few from there.

Would be nice if the last named pilot for the ship, after Anakin, Padme, and Ric Olie, was Rhys Dallows the protagonist from the Star Wars: Starfighter game. I mean that game and its sequel is the closest the Prequels ever came to an X-Wing/Tie Fighter game. 

On 8/3/2018 at 5:45 AM, mazz0 said:

That's a given, surely?  If we get the Aethersprite without the ring I'm selling all my FFG products and taking up terrorism.

That reminds me - anybody notice they only talked about Clone Wars during the introduction, but the Aethersprite they showed was the model from Attack of the Clones?

I get a feeling that Mel might make one for those who want it. Likely because when people say Jedi Starfighter they think of the one from ATOC, the only real difference between it and the Delta-7B version is that the 7B removed the integrated astromech with a astromech slot added to the craft. Maybe they will have the standard craft have a ship ability to reflect the built in astro with a configuration allowing for standard astromech upgrades or maybe they will just sort of treat it as the same ship and just give us the option to have astromech upgrades normally. 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:46 AM, LordBlades said:

As a side note, anyone else feels the decision to do prequel factions in X-wing and Legion might have been a short notice one, attempting to ride the hype train of Clone Wars reboot? 

IIRC FFG has never before announced stuff that was so early in the production process (not even a render available). 

I doubt it was all that short notice considering they said they would say more in November, though maybe they had been planning to announce it a little later but due to Clone Wars coming back they decided to announce it at Gencon which would explain the only art shown being the Delta 7 and Sith Infiltrator. However, based off comments that Frank Brooks made in an interview with Gold Squadron it seems like Clone Wars stuff will be showing up in Wave 3. 

On 8/3/2018 at 5:58 PM, eMeM said:

I'm fairly positive Franks Brooks mentioned Clone Wars stuff being in Wave 3 in his interview with Gold Squadron. I suspect we will see the CIS getting the Droid Starfighter and Sith Infiltrator while the Republic will get the Delta 7 and a clone fighter, the question is which one.

On 8/3/2018 at 7:37 PM, Spider said:

But you do care enough about this to a) look at the thread and b) post in this thread. If I don't care about a thread in the forum, I don't go into that thread to post how I just don't care about it. I read the title of the thread and, if it's not something I care about, I don't read it or comment in it.

On 8/4/2018 at 7:58 AM, Kingsguard said:

Sweet! I can't wait for a Republic Gunship!

For which game? X-Wing or Legion.

But, to be honest, I don't think that we'll see a LAAT model for Legion. It's probably too big for the game. But, if we do? Shut up and take my money. :)

Edited by T70 Driver

On 8/5/2018 at 4:58 AM, T70 Driver said:

For which game? X-Wing or Legion.

But, to be honest, I don't think that we'll see a LAAT model for Legion. It's probably too big for the game. But, if we do? Shut up and take my money. :)

Lol, yeah. I was referring to X-Wing.