eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

2 minutes ago, markcsoul said:

From the beginning of the movie. She was flying a N1 while Corde, one of her handmaidens was being her decoy on the main ship before dying in the explosion. 

pilot8.jpg

Oooh - cool!  I've never noticed that!

2 hours ago, mazz0 said:

I like that.  So if he plays it right he can calculate himself, and get passed a focus token (because I can't think of someone that passes out calculates, though there'll no doubt be one) and end up with two of each.

And it would help him defensively which he was good at

17 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

And it would help him defensively which he was good at

I'm more excited about getting him in IA though.  He could even have that big wheel thing (and Obi-Wan could have the animal he rode on).

As a side note, anyone else feels the decision to do prequel factions in X-wing and Legion might have been a short notice one, attempting to ride the hype train of Clone Wars reboot? 

IIRC FFG has never before announced stuff that was so early in the production process (not even a render available). 

43 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I'm more excited about getting him in IA though.  He could even have that big wheel thing (and Obi-Wan could have the animal he rode on).

I know right! I liked the rules but was going to pass on Legion entirely, if the General makes it in though... poor wallet.

14 hours ago, AdmiralKirk said:

I also really look forward to seeing what the list archetypes of both the GAR and CIS end up being like; both sides are shown using tactics involving swarms of disposable ships (GAR because nobody cares if clones live or die, CIS because nobody cares if droids live or die). GAR also has a ton of Jedi; I would not be surprised if the Delta-7 and inevitable Eta-2 expansions don't include any pilots who don't have Force. Jedi ace + Mini-Swarm might be a compelling option—which could easily lead to really thematic stuff like Anakin leading a squadron of V-19s or V-Wings. CIS is a bit more wide open since there aren't many named pilots (for obvious reasons) though of course Ventress and Darth Maul are a given. I suspect that CIS will be even more swarm-focused than Empire is, with lots of cheap ships that are all kinda crappy individually, and I think we might reasonably expect some Scum-style jank and dirty tricks. I doubt they would break the eight-of-a-given-ship rule, but there's no rule that you can't have more than eight ships total; it would be cumbersome to play such a list, but if the individual ships are cheap and bad enough, maybe it will be possible to have something like eight Vulture Droids and a few Tri-Fighters together. FFG could even encourage such a thing by selling multiple ships in a single blister, like the Z-95s in Most Wanted or the Interceptors in Imperial Aces.

I agree Jedi + miniswarm should be a thing for Rep. And definitely  full-swarm for CIS (interestingly, both Corey K and Max Brooks called it 'Seperatist' rather than CIS)

I see vulture droids as the baseline for CIS, and they should be fieldable in 10, to create a unique paradigm. One less hull than Tie and Calculate instead of Focus, so 20 pts? They should be simple to run to avoid player overload - simple dial and no pilot abilities phps?

Also want to see vulture droids have some poseability, bc it was so cool to see that thing walking around at the start of TPM :)

Also, give us a missile that explodes and releases buzz droids.

Edited by mcintma

1 hour ago, LordBlades said:

As a side note, anyone else feels the decision to do prequel factions in X-wing and Legion might have been a short notice one, attempting to ride the hype train of Clone Wars reboot? 

Nah.

IHMO, addition of the Force and Calculate mechanics were pretty much a set up for the Jedi in the Republic and the Droid ships of the Confederacy.

With those new mechanics in place, those factions make a who lot more sense from the get go.

I'm sure the CW reboot/finale doesn't hurt things.  Did they have prior knowledge??  Probably.

Lastly, it seems like A LOT of people (myself included) have finally decided to embrace 2.0 based on the CW era being added.  So, if it was happenstance, FFG is going to be pretty happy about pulling the trigger.

Edited by Darth Meanie

4 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Nah.

IHMO, addition of the Force and Calculate mechanics were pretty much a set up for the Jedi in the Republic and the Droid ships of the Confederacy.

With those new mechanics in place, those factions make a who lot more sense from the get go.

I'm sure the CW reboot/finale doesn't hurt things.  Did they have prior knowledge??  Probably.

Lastly, it seems like A LOT of people (myself included) have finally decided to embrace 2.0 based on the CW era being added.  So, if it was happenstance, FFG is going to be pretty happy about pulling the trigger.

I think they intended to do it at some point down the line, but the announcement sped things up significantly.

I'm absolutely sure FFG didn't know anything about it in advance, some people on stage didn't know, yet alone a company that doesn't get pilot and ship names in time for their movie tie-ins.

43 minutes ago, mcintma said:

And definitely  full-swarm for CIS (interestingly, both Corey K and Max Brooks called it 'Seperatist' rather than CIS)

Separatists and CIS are the same thing.

I'm interested to see a swarm led by a T-Series Tactical Droid in a Sheathipede or something (since we won't have a full-on droid control ship).

2 hours ago, LordBlades said:

IIRC FFG has never before announced stuff that was so early in the production process (not even a render available). 

As far as Legion is concerned, folks were clamoring for Clone & Droid armies before it even released, so on that end I doubt there was any "short notice" as it were.

The whole Calculate action could likely as not, have been in place before adding Clone Wars factions but worked out in their favor in the end.

Honestly, I thought that if they ever did a 2.0 it would be set in the prequel era and would be run along side 1.0 where 1.0 ships would eventually cross over into that version of 2.0 over time. When 2nd Edition was announced I felt that anything Clone Wars was off the table. I'm glad to be wrong!

-------------------------------------------

We may finally see Yoda, Obi Wan and Hondo in the game!

Edited by Force Majeure

30 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

As far as Legion is concerned, folks were clamoring for Clone & Droid armies before it even released, so on that end I doubt there was any "short notice" as it were.

The whole Calculate action could likely as not, have been in place before adding Clone Wars factions but worked out in their favor in the end.

Honestly, I thought that if they ever did a 2.0 it would be set in the prequel era and would be run along side 1.0 where 1.0 ships would eventually cross over into that version of 2.0 over time. When 2nd Edition was announced I felt that anything Clone Wars was off the table. I'm glad to be wrong!

-------------------------------------------

We may finally see Yoda, Obi Wan and Hondo in the game!

Hondo should be either all factions, or alternatively Scum and Ezra only.

1 hour ago, eMeM said:

I think they intended to do it at some point down the line, but the announcement sped things up significantly.

I'm absolutely sure FFG didn't know anything about it in advance, some people on stage didn't know, yet alone a company that doesn't get pilot and ship names in time for their movie tie-ins.

Well, color me happy that we're starting with the Sith Interceptor and DARTH Maul.

9 minutes ago, Wilhelm Screamer said:

In jubilation.

Whew.  That sound made it seem like you'd been shot. ?

3 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Nah.

I might have misprhased earlier, what I meant was the decision to do it now.

It was logical to do it at some point (Force and Calculate in X-wing, simply having way more material to work with than FO/Resistance in Legion). I just doubt they were planning to do it now all along. 

15 hours ago, Effenhoog said:

I'm genuinely curious how they intend to handle this.  The Resistance and First Order ships in 1.0 were generally implemented as being improved tech over the original trilogy counterparts.  The ARC-170 is a flying tank so it's not really a good measurement for the intentions for prequel ships either, and could even be "better" in its proper faction since it would be fresh and properly maintained.

Personally I do not care how the ships stack up against ships from different eras as long as they all have meaningful roles within their faction.  I would rather see a game with 7 properly fleshed out factions than worry about how a Jedi Starfighter is supposed to compare to an A-Wing.

Well, when it comes to the Galactic Republic, at least, they will have a lot more force users to choose from as pilots...

Considering that the Jedi ships were canonically not shielded precisely because of their force abilities, I would expect that to be a thing for them: Aethersprites and Eta-2's likely won't have any shields, but even the generics will have Force ratings.

After that, it will be a matter of reflecting that most of the non-Jedi pilots will be clones in some way, I'd imagine.

As for the CIS - calculate everywhere, and likely ways to use calculate together. Plus a few of their own force users: Darths Sidious, Maul,  and Tyrannus (i.e., Count Dooku) as well as Asajj Ventress and probably other characters from Clone Wars that I don't know about (I really need to watch that series...)

Really, both sides will basically be force-user aces with mass-produced support. (Plus some additional allies, such as Wookies for the Republic, and Neimoidians for the CIS; I'm counting Geonosians as effectively under the "mass-produced" umbrella, though).

Whatever Hondo does, he needs an effect that almost benefits just as much. Maybe something like what he does in Armada.

Also, I am predicting Mace Windu’s pilot skill:

Stern Stare: When a ship targets Mace, he may spend a Force point to force the attacker to discard all green and blue counters, or gain 3 stress.

499?cb=20071230055326

”I know you ain’t dumb enough to shoot at me. Ah, you are?”

3 minutes ago, Freeptop said:

Well, when it comes to the Galactic Republic, at least, they will have a lot more force users to choose from as pilots...

Considering that the Jedi ships were canonically not shielded precisely because of their force abilities, I would expect that to be a thing for them: Aethersprites and Eta-2's likely won't have any shields, but even the generics will have Force ratings.

After that, it will be a matter of reflecting that most of the non-Jedi pilots will be clones in some way, I'd imagine.

As for the CIS - calculate everywhere, and likely ways to use calculate together. Plus a few of their own force users: Darths Sidious, Maul,  and Tyrannus (i.e., Count Dooku) as well as Asajj Ventress and probably other characters from Clone Wars that I don't know about (I really need to watch that series...)

Really, both sides will basically be force-user aces with mass-produced support. (Plus some additional allies, such as Wookies for the Republic, and Neimoidians for the CIS; I'm counting Geonosians as effectively under the "mass-produced" umbrella, though).

ETA-2 was piloted by non-force users closer to the end of the war, so there's an argument for a low initiative non-force generic but outside of that I totally agree.

CIS may get Nightsisters as they were allied with them for awhile. Would at least make for a good force-using generic on one of their ships.

I agree that it's force-users + mass support for the most part. However, I think the distinction is that there will be a significantly higher number of force-users available to the Republic compared to the separatists.

The way I predict/hope the factions behave archetypally, though definitely with exceptions:

Republic: Leader (Jedi or Clone Commanders, probably) in an independently capable ship who can support a small clone squad. 3-6 ships. Lighter, like the empire, but with more effective troop/shuttle ships.

CIS: Synergistic Swarms. The more there are, the better each gets. Occasionally an ace who doesn't per se "fit" with the swarm. 5-8 ships easy, if not more. VERY light.

These in contrast to the existing:

Rebels: Synergy from all members. 2-4 ships. Heavier, versatile.

Imperial: Swarms, maybe with Aces and/or a support, which is not very useful on its own, as opposed to the republic style leaders. Occasionally a swarm leader like Howl. No synergy. 3 ships minimum, typically more.

Scum: Disruption of the norm. Variable ship numbers/types.

F/O: Extreme aggression from individualistic fighters. 3-5 ships. 

Resistance: Tough and resilient, hindering attacks against them. 2-4 ships.

6 hours ago, mcintma said:

I agree Jedi + miniswarm should be a thing for Rep. And definitely  full-swarm for CIS (interestingly, both Corey K and Max Brooks called it 'Seperatist' rather than CIS)

I see vulture droids as the baseline for CIS, and they should be fieldable in 10, to create a unique paradigm. One less hull than Tie and Calculate instead of Focus, so 20 pts? They should be simple to run to avoid player overload - simple dial and no pilot abilities phps?

Also want to see vulture droids have some poseability, bc it was so cool to see that thing walking around at the start of TPM :)

Also, give us a missile that explodes and releases buzz droids.

Totally agree the Vulture Droid should be cheaper then the TIE at 20 points but I think Calculate alone instead of focus and skill 0 instead of 1 would be enough to drop their cost down 4 points and allow a 10 Ship Swarm. They could have a basic ability either given by a commander/title card or built onto the card as "Linked Systems" where if they attack an enemy attacked by another ship with the same name, they gain 1 attack die or the opponent loses one defense die. Or else they could give up their attack to grant another ship with the same name two extra dice.

And we absolutely need a Buzz Droid condition card!

Also Corey and Max called us Separatists because obviously they are Republic traitorous scum and don't acknowledge our Confederacy hahaha.

Edited by GILLIES291