eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

4 hours ago, Giledhil said:

LOL.

Monowing reaped biplane's asses. Then fast enough biplanes were assigned to very specific missions, that could use their slow speed, like sea rescue.
Jets reaped prop plane's asses, and soon enough after the war propeller monowing planes were used only for instruction duty, not combat.

Actually, you prove my point that WWI-era-style planes were operational with WWII era equipment.

The F8F Bearcat was operational in combat with the French in Indochina during the "days of the jet."

I'm not arguing they were better/worse, I'm saying they were contemporaries.

In any event, who cares if PT/OT/ST all have the same level of combat ability in XWM.  All 3 eras should be represented in a SW-based game, and it's even better that they can be used all at the same time.

I'm very, very excited about this announcement. I don't think the prequels are very good movies, but the designs of the spacecraft and vehicles in them were consistently cool and memorable. The N-1 and the Delta-7 in particular are ships I've always wanted to see in this game, and with one confirmed and no good reason not to include the other, I'll be happy to buy into the Republic faction at least (not so into CIS but if the ships look fun to fly we'll see). 

I also really look forward to seeing what the list archetypes of both the GAR and CIS end up being like; both sides are shown using tactics involving swarms of disposable ships (GAR because nobody cares if clones live or die, CIS because nobody cares if droids live or die). GAR also has a ton of Jedi; I would not be surprised if the Delta-7 and inevitable Eta-2 expansions don't include any pilots who don't have Force. Jedi ace + Mini-Swarm might be a compelling option—which could easily lead to really thematic stuff like Anakin leading a squadron of V-19s or V-Wings. CIS is a bit more wide open since there aren't many named pilots (for obvious reasons) though of course Ventress and Darth Maul are a given. I suspect that CIS will be even more swarm-focused than Empire is, with lots of cheap ships that are all kinda crappy individually, and I think we might reasonably expect some Scum-style jank and dirty tricks. I doubt they would break the eight-of-a-given-ship rule, but there's no rule that you can't have more than eight ships total; it would be cumbersome to play such a list, but if the individual ships are cheap and bad enough, maybe it will be possible to have something like eight Vulture Droids and a few Tri-Fighters together. FFG could even encourage such a thing by selling multiple ships in a single blister, like the Z-95s in Most Wanted or the Interceptors in Imperial Aces.

7 hours ago, LordBlades said:

What defenseless world were the Geonosian attacking in ep. 2, when the Clone Army was first deployed?

That was the world on which they were building their droid army, that they were using to terrorize the Galaxy.

Also they were designing the Death Star on that world. 

So: Geonosis = planet of weapons to unleash on a peaceful galaxy.

7 hours ago, Yakostovian said:

I'd word that as: Once per round when you would be assigned a focus token, you also gain a calculate token (and vice versa.)

This reduces potential for abuse, methinks.

That's actually a good way to word it, and would help him double token up. It's also better than the natural alternatives of avoiding defeat or making four attacks hahaha.

1 hour ago, Punning Pundit said:

I think they're probably a year out from releasing info about the new factions. 

I’m guessing Adepticon 2019 for the factions joining 2.0, or at least spring in general.

they said we will see more this year about it. Also factor in wave 2 is before Christmas if on schedule, so that fits the every couple months dropping new ships.

1 hour ago, RafaelNN said:

Have rhey said whats the faction identity for the republic and cis? (And forst order, if i can be slightly off topic?)

I can imagine it would be similar in that they would both have a commander and equal swarm fodder:

Republic: a Jedi Flight leader that can coordinate/draw fire/use the force for their allies and several Clones that are mini-swarms.

Confederacy: swarms again but the exact opposite of how they function. Here the swarms of droids can take the damage for their leader Xizor style and help keep Grievous/Dooku/Asajj/Maul alive, and gain bonus dice/damage/rerolls for focus firing on the same target. 

4 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

In any event, who cares if PT/OT/ST all have the same level of combat ability in XWM.  All 3 eras should be represented in a SW-based game, and it's even better that they can be used all at the same time.

I'm genuinely curious how they intend to handle this.  The Resistance and First Order ships in 1.0 were generally implemented as being improved tech over the original trilogy counterparts.  The ARC-170 is a flying tank so it's not really a good measurement for the intentions for prequel ships either, and could even be "better" in its proper faction since it would be fresh and properly maintained.

Personally I do not care how the ships stack up against ships from different eras as long as they all have meaningful roles within their faction.  I would rather see a game with 7 properly fleshed out factions than worry about how a Jedi Starfighter is supposed to compare to an A-Wing.

5 hours ago, Koing907 said:

2 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

That was the world on which they were building their droid army, that they were using to terrorize the Galaxy.

Also they were designing the Death Star on that world. 

So: Geonosis = planet of weapons to unleash on a peaceful galaxy.

The thing is, at the time of the attack on Geonosis, nobody had unleashed any army on anyone (Naboo had happened years before). 

5 hours ago, Koing907 said:

The problem there is it would require meddling in the affairs of non-Republic worlds, in the case of Tatooine and the Hutts. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Qui Gonn was passing through, and bought one slave and freed him. This is a lot smaller scope than the Republic rolling in with an army and enforcing non-slavery laws on Tatooine. Or even simply economic sanctions against whatever government Tatooine may have.

As Padme said, Slavery is outlawed in the Republic. They can't police the entire universe, and would get accused of overstepping their territory if they tried.

The Republic rotted from within, and the Jedi fell to their own hubris, but this doesn't make the Sith or the Seperatist rebellion "right". Which was the whole point of the story.

The Sith-led Separatists weren't right, but neither was the Sith-led Republic. 

The Republic was a Galaxy-spanning state, I'm pretty sure they had the economic means of pressure to bend the Hutts to their will. They just choose not to, because who cares about the guys on the other side of the fence? Qui Gon also. He could have forcefully or stealthily taken both Shmi and Anakin, he just chose not to. That's a sharp contrast with the dismantling of the Zygerrian empire by the Jedi some centuries before. Back then there didn't seem to be any issue with bringing justice to people outside the Republic. 

So do you think Anakin will get vader's ability?  Or a better/worse ability?  This is for the adult version in likely an eta-2.

N-1 Anakin totally needs something related to spinning of course.

Hopefully there's a dual sided palp card.  Chancellor side for republic use, darth sidous side for CIS use.

Speaking about N-1's again, now that it can be released as a PT era ship, I wonder what the pilots will be.  Anakin, Ric Olie, and a generic Bravo Squadron Pilot seem the most likely.  Padme certainly could as she piloted one in AOTC as well as an episode of Forces of Destiny.  Ahsoka piloted one in that episode as well, but I would assume she'd be in one of the jedi starfighters.  So if there's only 4 pilots to start with, they should be Anakin, Ric Olie, Padme, and Bravo.  Not sure if any of the other pilots in the battle of Naboo had names, but could add a few from there.

8 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Actually, you prove my point that WWI-era-style planes were operational with WWII era equipment.

The F8F Bearcat was operational in combat with the French in Indochina during the "days of the jet."

I'm not arguing they were better/worse, I'm saying they were contemporaries.

Seriously dude ?! 
These different types of planes were NOT used for dogfighting each other at the same time, except fot the tiny tiny moment where the "new thing" reaps the oldie's ***, making it disapear lightning fast from air superiority situations.
So technically, in the X-wing situation (dogfight), no, these different types of planes did NOT go toe to toe and have interesting and challenging battles agains each other.

4 hours ago, markcsoul said:

So do you think Anakin will get vader's ability?  Or a better/worse ability?  This is for the adult version in likely an eta-2.

N-1 Anakin totally needs something related to spinning of course.

Hopefully there's a dual sided palp card.  Chancellor side for republic use, darth sidous side for CIS use.

Speaking about N-1's again, now that it can be released as a PT era ship, I wonder what the pilots will be.  Anakin, Ric Olie, and a generic Bravo Squadron Pilot seem the most likely.  Padme certainly could as she piloted one in AOTC as well as an episode of Forces of Destiny.  Ahsoka piloted one in that episode as well, but I would assume she'd be in one of the jedi starfighters.  So if there's only 4 pilots to start with, they should be Anakin, Ric Olie, Padme, and Bravo.  Not sure if any of the other pilots in the battle of Naboo had names, but could add a few from there.

I think Anakin is going to get something similar to Scum Boba. He's always really reckless, gets himself into trouble and the more enemy ships ahead, all the more fun for him. Maybe bonus for being outnumbered?

As far as I can see, 7 factions is brilliant news.

I don't need them to be stronger or better, befitting their different time frames. I just expect each faction to have their own feel, and I think we're going to get that.

More factions = More variety on tables = A better game

6 hours ago, Effenhoog said:

I'm genuinely curious how they intend to handle this.  The Resistance and First Order ships in 1.0 were generally implemented as being improved tech over the original trilogy counterparts.  The ARC-170 is a flying tank so it's not really a good measurement for the intentions for prequel ships either, and could even be "better" in its proper faction since it would be fresh and properly maintained.

Personally I do not care how the ships stack up against ships from different eras as long as they all have meaningful roles within their faction.  I would rather see a game with 7 properly fleshed out factions than worry about how a Jedi Starfighter is supposed to compare to an A-Wing.

indeed. It's not that ships need to be 'bad' but you'll have to take a bit of care in how they're designed for them not to feel off in power level.

For example, the ARC-170 is tough and well armed. It feels impressive flying alongside X-wings in a rebel list, but in the Republic - whose primary superiority fighter in the later clone wars is a version of the Z-95 - it's going to feel like a gorram battleship.

Essentially, you've got:

• the ARC & Y-wing - tough and slow
  • the torrent, n-1, and headhunter - light fighters that should be on the rebel scum/headhunter/a-wing/scyk end of things. Fragile, lightly armed swarmers. The clone headhunter has an emphatically different model, so it might be a slightly higher performance version. I can't see it getting a better primary attack, but upgrading the dial and actions could go a long way (change the red barrel roll to white/link/focus, for example).
  • the jedi - who should pretty much be an equivalent of the Inquisitors in TAPs.
  • Whichever of the many, many shuttles they decide to use.

11 hours ago, dadocollin said:

I just dropped off the fence and started running toward 2.0. So excited. I know it’s a little ‘have my cake and eat it too,’ but if we get the Jedi fighter WITH the hyperdrive ring, I’m gonna lose it!

A9187DF9-D21A-4ED9-A381-07005AA890C7.png.b2dcf8a9894e9db799947e9866b19dda.png

That's a given, surely?  If we get the Aethersprite without the ring I'm selling all my FFG products and taking up terrorism.

That reminds me - anybody notice they only talked about Clone Wars during the introduction, but the Aethersprite they showed was the model from Attack of the Clones?

7 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

That's actually a good way to word it, and would help him double token up. It's also better than the natural alternatives of avoiding defeat or making four attacks hahaha.

I like that.  So if he plays it right he can calculate himself, and get passed a focus token (because I can't think of someone that passes out calculates, though there'll no doubt be one) and end up with two of each.

22 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Whichever of the many, many shuttles they decide to use.

I was looking at the wikipedia entry for the sexy shiny Naboo royal shuttles.  I fear several of them are prohibitively big for standard play (and wouldn't really add much to Epic play, though obviously I'd still buy them).  The J-type 327 was twice as long as the Falcon, and the Diplomatic Barge was even bigger (but wide rather than long).  Makes me sad that that might preclude their inclusion.

Mind you, the Star Skiff is a similar length to the Falcon and only around 50% wider so that's that's an obvious one to include, especially as it's the only armed one.

I also want that tall white and red ship that Ashoka has at the end of Rebels - they picked that up in Clone Wars originally didn't they?  And Asaj's ship could be enough to tempt me to get CIS as well...

3 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I was looking at the wikipedia entry for the sexy shiny Naboo royal shuttles.  I fear several of them are prohibitively big for standard play (and wouldn't really add much to Epic play, though obviously I'd still buy them).  The J-type 327 was twice as long as the Falcon, and the Diplomatic Barge was even bigger (but wide rather than long).  Makes me sad that that might preclude their inclusion.

Mind you, the Star Skiff is a similar length to the Falcon and only around 50% wider so that's that's an obvious one to include, especially as it's the only armed one.

I also want that tall white and red ship that Ashoka has at the end of Rebels - they picked that up in Clone Wars originally didn't they?  And Asaj's ship could be enough to tempt me to get CIS as well...

latest?cb=20111001150233

This yacht is tiny.