eMeM

CLONE WARS CONFIRMED

I figured it was coming once they announced force powers and the calculate action for droids for 2.0. It was just a matter of time. I thought they'd at least get the 5 factions we already have out the gate before they announced it though. 

EDIT: Anyone grab screenshots? I was 2 minutes to slow getting the stream pulled up

Edited by Herowannabe

Just now, IceManHG said:

I have never been less excited when hearing X-wing news than I am right now. 

Clone Wars? Yawn.

Well you can just buy the mining guild tie and Resistance Awing :P 

man...... part of me wants this and part of me is terrified of the financial implications 

1 minute ago, Herowannabe said:

I figured it was coming once they announced force powers and the calculate action for droids for 2.0. It was just a matter of time. I thought they'd at least get the 5 factions we already have out the gate before they announced it though. 

EDIT: Anyone grab screenshots? I was 2 minutes to slow getting the stream pulled up

They didn't show any of the clone wars stuff aside from the art likely for the Jedi Starfighter and Sith Infiltrator. 

But hey, we now get another tie in the Mining Guild's Tie that ignore obstacles and the Resistance A-Wing.

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

THey didn't show much, just two arts and some logos.xvCfIF5.png

mtCJQkz.png

3 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Well you can just buy the mining guild tie and Resistance Awing :P 

man...... part of me wants this and part of me is terrified of the financial implications 

I most likely will. I have never been a fan of the prequel trilogy or things related to it. But anything Rebels and newer count me in!

Edited by IceManHG

2 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

This pretty much cements my opinion that rebels and imperials are complete for xwing. Between rereleases and now 4 other factions needing to catch up there isn’t much need to make anything new for old school. Happy about the jedi fighter though, loved those in galaxies.

Well there’s not much missing for them. I think it’s fine. We shall see how the other factions do. Loads of prequel content to do, unclear about the sequel trilogy ones

2 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

This pretty much cements my opinion that rebels and imperials are complete for xwing. Between rereleases and now 4 other factions needing to catch up there isn’t much need to make anything new for old school. Happy about the jedi fighter though, loved those in galaxies.

Someday I'd like to see a Heavy TIE.  Otherwise, I agree.

OTOH, they just fulfilled one of my criteria for "Immediate Conversion."

*sigh*

Still, I'll be very happy to see the Prequels on the table.

1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

Well there’s not much missing for them. I think it’s fine. We shall see how the other factions do. Loads of prequel content to do, unclear about the sequel trilogy ones

Abandoning the two most iconic factions means that players with any amount of class or style will have no future products to buy or look forward to.  Sure, you'll make money from the uncouth masses who just want whatever is the shiniest thing on the shelf, but some of us have taste, and won't be buying cw schlock.  If they abandon the core factions x-wing is dead.

13 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

7 factions now in X-Wing. Crazy. 

Remember when people used to piss and moan about a 3rd?

*snort*

I honestly think this will help game balance and diversity.  With 7 choices, you'll see a lot more different things on the table, because everyone can run their favorite era.

My only critique might be than now S&V sorta becomes this dumb catch-all, regardless of era.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

Abandoning the two most iconic factions means that players with any amount of class or style will have no future products to buy or look forward to.  Sure, you'll make money from the uncouth masses who just want whatever is the shiniest thing on the shelf, but some of us have taste, and won't be buying cw schlock.  If they abandon the core factions x-wing is dead.

Remember when people used to piss and moan about a 2nd edition?  That it would kill the game??

Just now, HolySorcerer said:

944BDKk.jpg

Nobody is abandoning anything but let's face it, at current pace of releases and with the uncertain fate of the spin-off movies there is simply not much to add. You'd just end up with waves of Saw Renegates style repaint boxes.