Zamalekite

New SSD Photos & Info

4 hours ago, DR4CO said:

When X-wing first introduced large bases (which had similar issues with deployment when they wanted to be at an angle), the rules allowed them to extend outside of their deployment zone provided part of the base was in contact with their player edge. I could see something similar being done here.

I imagine that you're right about that. It'll allow you to stick that bow deep into the setup area, using those three business-like firing arcs (front and forward sides), possibly even on round 1 already.

4 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I’m here at Gencon with and exhibitor badge and let me tell you,  that thing is amazingly B E A U T I F U L !  ?

Come sit on my face Q1 2019!

Dude - you just now ensured that it's not coming 'till Q2 at the earliest. What's the matter with you?!

Just now, Undeadguy said:

Can't wait for an interdictor to take this down with grav shift reroute. Just put all the obstacles in front of it and it won't escape them for 6 rounds.

Maybe it will be like the Huge ships in X-Wing - asteroids can't withstand ships of that size.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

1 hour ago, Jammers said:

$199.99 roughly £150... I’m a loyal fan but that is asking a lot from me. 

Imagine how much Snoke's SSD will cost when the Sequel factions get announced*!

*which is hopefully after the prequel factions

19 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Imagine how much Snoke's MSD will cost when the Sequel factions get announced*!

*which is hopefully after the prequel factions

fixed.... its a mega star destroyer.... because disney let the kids name it!!!!

11 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Screengrabs from FFG Livestream

SSD + Cards zoom.JPG

From @Captain_Nemo

Thoughts on the titles? The rightmost one looks like Ex(ecutor) the next one looks like Ec(lipse) the next one looks like An(nihilator) and the leftmost one, I can't make out.

I predict Ravager, because that's one of the most notable in the newcanon.

4 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

Thoughts on the titles? The rightmost one looks like Ex(ecutor) the next one looks like Ec(lipse) the next one looks like An(nihilator) and the leftmost one, I can't make out.

I would agree

what do you think about the officer inbetween tge emperor and piett officers?

It looks like starting with a g so my guess is on gallius rax

2 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

Adding the nice size comparison from Crabbok livestream to OP :)

It does look about as wide as the SD is long doesn't it?

I've used up all my max file size allowance now though :(

Maybe even a tad bit wider i’d say - are there any optical/perspectively minded people on the forums able to make a comparison?

33 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

Also look that the epic version (?) could be called Executor too.

19 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

Maybe even a tad bit wider i’d say - are there any optical/perspectively minded people on the forums able to make a comparison?

It is long, having worked with large format printing presses and printing on paper that is 18" long for 3 years (as well as being a graphic illustrator), id say around 28-36", easy. Width, I'd have to say probably 12" at the widest point. Maybe a little more.

1 hour ago, Darth Lupine said:

I'm buying two the moment they come out. Heck, if they were $300 I'd still do it. Take my money, FFG!!! 

I MEAN GW's latest knight models are $170 before taxes and those while huge are self manufactured and distributed where as FFG has to hire out. OH AND the knights you see at least 3-5 models where as the most of these we will see is 2 per player (I can't wait to see a 4x SSD game, quickest game but also Amazing!) 

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I’m here at Gencon with and exhibitor badge and let me tell you,  that thing is amazingly B E A U T I F U L !  ?

So, can you ore somebody take some pictures?

Just now, Lyraeus said:

Look to the left of the red and you will see an equal amount of dark as red. 

Yeah, you're right, I got mixed up!  Still not sure who it's going to be able to turn - maybe zero clicks at speed one and 1 click at two?

3 minutes ago, Kendraam said:

Yeah, you're right, I got mixed up!  Still not sure who it's going to be able to turn - maybe zero clicks at speed one and 1 click at two?

I am thinking VSD movement at best. With a ship that big that's about all you get really. Swinging that large back around is going to hit small children and cars in the parking lot every time...