Zamalekite

New SSD Photos & Info

I see 180-240 points. Based on hull and shields compared to an ISD, it should fall in that range in 400 point games. It will easily be able to engage turn 1 based on its size alone, meaning 6 rounds of combat are possible.

2 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Because what ship will last longer than two turns in front of that ship, trying not to sound like Ackbar.. ahha

And 6 shots back because that's what it can do in 2 turns.. No need to look further imo as nothing will last long close..

I think it really depends on how they rule its attacks. If they function like a standard ship, then you won't be using your optimal arcs for every attack. Even if it worked like Gunnery Team then you still wouldn't be able to attack the same ship with your forward hull more than once. Keeping that in mind it would be survivable to start getting around its sides, though painful. 

Just now, clontroper5 said:

Well it has 8 out the front, 5 out the forward side arcs and 4 out the rear side arcs. Not sure about rear. But not that much more the a single ISD, and I have seen lots of people last more then 2 turns against ISDs (granted I have seen a lot that haven't)

I think the ships good, just the game needs tweaking and Epic play aside wouldn't be surprised if there's a normal points change..

as said in another thread I'm holding judgement till the full reveal and we have all the info including game changes

1 minute ago, Blail Blerg said:

That it has to be balanced against 400 points and 134 fighters make me cringe. The battleships are weak to small things issue is really getting old.  Great storytelling. Poor gameplay. 

Its fine that swarms work against them. It should just be closer than it is, but its an imperfect world.

Just now, EbonHawk said:

I think the ships good, just the game needs tweaking and Epic play aside wouldn't be surprised if there's a normal points change..

as said in another thread I'm holding judgement till the full reveal and we have all the info including game changes

Honestly, I would love upping the points cap for tournament play, but I dont see 800 point games being normal unless they want 2-day regionals to be a thing.

1 minute ago, bleachorange said:

Honestly, I would love upping the points cap for tournament play, but I dont see 800 point games being normal unless they want 2-day regionals to be a thing.

I was thinking more a soft rise to 500..

600 max. Squadrons at 150 max 

1 minute ago, EbonHawk said:

I was thinking more a soft rise to 500..

600 max. Squadrons at 150 max 

Having played 4 corellian campaigns, the game works fine at 500 points. I think it even works fine at 800. It just takes longer, which is the main detriment to armada currently, honestly. I'm fine with it, but I know many who aren't.

27 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

That it has to be balanced against 400 points and 134 fighters make me cringe. The battleships are weak to small things issue is really getting old.  Great storytelling. Poor gameplay. 

They said the game is balanced for 400 point play but that we get "to see what it can really do" at higher point games, and highlighted that there are 4 ship cards.  Sounds like there's a version for higher point levels to me.