Zamalekite

New SSD Photos & Info

22 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

So expecting things at about 195 or more

Yeah, I'm thinking about 200 at those hull + shield values listed. it's less total HP than 2 imperial star destroyers, and so is likely to be less than 220. 200 is a nice, round number. that leaves 30 for an admiral, 30 for upgrades, and 140 points to either go squads max or bring in other ships.

24 minutes ago, FoaS said:

Can someone refresh my memory? What was the timeline of epic ship releases for xwing?

It was more like a zig-zag. IIRC the CR-90 came out one or two months after the GR-75, and then it was about a year or two before the Raider came out, which was followed by the Gozanti after about a year, and then the Scum Gozanti a year later. (But you can find the exact dates on the X-Wing wiki.)

6 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

It was more like a zig-zag. IIRC the CR-90 came out one or two months after the GR-75, and then it was about a year or two before the Raider came out, which was followed by the Gozanti after about a year, and then the Scum Gozanti a year later. (But you can find the exact dates on the X-Wing wiki.)

Dizziness inducing choice of prepositions, but I got it. I would look, but I'm at the laundromat and the net here sucks.

I’m confident FFG will have balanced this thing quite well - I don’t plan on buying one, but I don’t think it will ruin the game.

I think if it yaws from the middle that will be silly, but I can’t imagine how it could yaw from the front - got B-wings shooting you in back right? Make a speed 1 yaw 1 move to the right - the Bwings are now distance 4 from your rear... 

I think it will deploy touching the player’s backline and move forward speed 1 every turn - no yawing allowed.

4 minutes ago, FoaS said:

What's the arc number sequence you're referring to? Dice?

Front Arc - 9 dice - 6 shields

5 red, 4 blue

Front Quarter - 6 dice - 3 shields

3 red, 2 blue, 1 black

Rear quarter - 5 dice - 3 shields

2 red, 2 blue, 1 black

Rear arc - 3 dice - 2 shields

1 red, 1 blue, 1 black

Edited by bleachorange
update

54 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

“Time... Line?  Time does not go in lines!  It goes in Circles...  THAT IS WHY CLOCKS ARE ROUND!!”

-Pvt Caboose, RvB

Oh gods... I forgot I did a timeline break down

2 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

I think there are much more interesting imperial fighter options, namely the Avenger, the gunboat, the TIE Droid & most importantly the Scimitar Assault Bomber (why anyone likes that abomination of the Punisher I’ll never know)

I am also bewildered why it took so long for the Assault Gunboat to get to X-Wing... since after the TIE Defender, the XG-1 and TIE Avenger are the most popular starfighters in the Imperial lineup. Galaxies!? Really!? Right after an entry out of that abominable Galactic Battlegrounds game?

But if precedent is anything, if it came out in X-Wing first it stands a better chance of appearing in Armada. The only time this wasn't the case was the nigh-forgettable Scurrg... an unimpressive flying brick out of a game from the episode 1 days set before it. The only reason it's relevant in the GCW is because Galaxies was desperate for content.

rant rant...

The fact that FFG is going in on the Clone Wars in the other miniatures games gives credence to Clone Wars showing up in Armada, some day soonish. The only reason it's not out now is because the other games have much quicker development cycles, so it's likelier they are going to develop their content faster (Especially Legion. My God, Legion...).

16 minutes ago, bleachorange said:

Here are some pics my friend (a real hero in this hour of need) sent me from GenCon! I had to put them into GoogleDrive since the forum doesnt like large files. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/foldervziew?id=1EKfVZLocO0aWRYhByGGH8NAEYmrdLvCb

Looking at those, from a distance it looks really close to the filming miniature.

A lot of folks are bellyaching about the exclusive and OP cards that will force people to shell out $200.

It seems to me that the new cards that we know about are pretty much exclusively Imperial (as in: Rebels need not cry about that), and unique. Probably not game breaking IMO.

Oh, and Point Defense Reroute, just in case there's anyone left who missed that bit.

2 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Would love to know an inch count.

I'm eager to figure how many ISD's long it is. 

I'm gauging at least three which honestly is a pretty good compromise. 

We could have a betting pool. I'm going with 30", which is 3.75 ISDs.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

2 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

We could have a betting pool. I'm going with 30", which is 3.75 ISDs.

3.75 look's about right, at least not far off.

I'd guess somewhere between 28'' and 30'', leaning 28''.

The part of the base you slot the maneuver tool into is the third peg back from the front.    Wanna see what that does for its mobility, i'm betting it can turn quite quickly with a nav token.

2 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

I'm curious, has anyone been there with a tape measure up against the glass?

To me it looks like it's about 30", but it would be great to have confirmation on this.

It is not 30”. Probably around 24”. 

2 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

It is not 30”. Probably around 24”. 

Given that it was about the same distance bow to stern as the guy's elbow were while he was holding it aloft, he must be a fairly slight fellow if the measurement is 24".

That's, at least, the basis for my estimate of the model.

Who is on site at GenCon to give us something better to go on?

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

If we assume that the bases are Large (~5 in / 129mm), it looks like a minimum of about 22" bow to stern. It is probably closer to 24" - 26".

If the SSD is closer to 30", then those bases have to be at least an inch longer.

I’m a pretty big guy and my shoulders are only about 20” across (just measured them with 2 GenCon program books, the two 11” books extended beyond shoulders), and yes, he was a small guy, a good 8” (at least) shorter than the other guy (who is, admittedly, pretty tall). 

I mean, how wide do you people think people are? A standard home corridor is only about 30”, and that leaves plenty of space on either side of someone walking down it. 

Edited by Forgottenlore

16 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

I’m a pretty big guy and my shoulders are only about 20” across (just measured them with 2 GenCon program books, the two 11” books extended beyond shoulders), and yes, he was a small guy, a good 8” (at least) shorter than the other guy (who is, admittedly, pretty tall). 

I mean, how wide do you people think people are? A standard home corridor is only about 30”, and that leaves plenty of space on either side of someone walking down it. 

If you're on-site at GenCon, could you get a measuring tape and go to the vendor hall (or whereever it's on display and give us something more to go on than comparison to a guy's shoulders/elbows?

1 minute ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

If you're on-site at GenCon, could you get a measuring tape and go to the vendor hall (or whereever it's on display and give us something more to go on than comparison to a guy's shoulders/elbows?

I’ll try.