Jump to content
ovinomanc3r

Happy Fri... Gen Con News!

Recommended Posts

Well, that was anticlimatic.  Was hoping for something more useful, like new campaign, ship/squadron packs, Clone Wars, etc.  SSD is cool, but it's really only one model, only usable by one side, and honestly just doesn't do it for me.  I'll get one, but a campaign or new goodies around squadrons, gunship flotillas, etc would have been nice.  Or Clone Wars new base system with some kind of legacy compatibility with GCW-era Armada...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...honestly, I'll end up buying SSD for showing off on bookshelf, moreso than for gameplay.  Maybe do big games with it once a year or something for funsies, like Apoc in 40k.  Or putting it off to buy more GW stuff, and pick it up when I have an extra $200 laying around that I haven't allocated to something I will get actual use out of (40k, DZC/DFC, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chemosh667 said:

No Armada Clone Wars so far... Missed opportunity for triple (or quad, with card game version) release banking on synergies.  Maybe they'll do it later...

It’s only a matter of time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Lusankya.

Give Legends one last hurrah before it fades into nothingness.

There are four titles for the ship. One may yet be Lusankya. They have to have something for the rebel only players to slap down 2 bills, which I will maintain that thing is not worth. One yes, 120 maybe. Not two. Besides the art of two SSD broadsiding easier is fairly ubiquitous across the web. I call it "soft canon".

Edited by ForceSensitive
I can't spell dish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForceSensitive said:

There are four titles for the ship. One may yet be Lusankya. They have to have something for the rebel only players to slap down 2 bills, which I will maintain that thing is not worth. One yes, 120 maybe. Not two. Besides the art of two SSD broadsiding easier is fairly ubiquitous across the web. I call it "soft canon".

Also, with the presence of a Scatter token a certain A-wing pilot may be arriving with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Also, with the presence of a Scatter token a certain A-wing pilot may be arriving with it...

Doubt it, though it's possible. I'd imagine the scatter token is actually for some effect of the Super Star Destroyer. I would imagine that it's there to represent the ability of the ship to negate, i.e.  scatter an entire salvo worth of damage, thus requiring you to "concentrate all Firepower on that super star destroyer" just like they do in the movies. Some effect like hardened Shields or some such, maybe a title for the Endurance let's you change the scatter in for another of your normal tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

Doubt it, though it's possible. I'd imagine the scatter token is actually for some effect of the Super Star Destroyer. I would imagine that it's there to represent the ability of the ship to negate, i.e.  scatter an entire salvo worth of damage, thus requiring you to "concentrate all Firepower on that super star destroyer" just like they do in the movies. Some effect like hardened Shields or some such, maybe a title for the Endurance let's you change the scatter in for another of your normal tokens.

The scatter isn’t for you... It’s for their fleet. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Doubt it, though it's possible. I'd imagine the scatter token is actually for some effect of the Super Star Destroyer. I would imagine that it's there to represent the ability of the ship to negate, i.e.  scatter an entire salvo worth of damage, thus requiring you to "concentrate all Firepower on that super star destroyer" just like they do in the movies. Some effect like hardened Shields or some such, maybe a title for the Endurance let's you change the scatter in for another of your normal tokens.

No no no, the Rebel command will be:

 

”Concentrate all firepower on dish Super Star Destroyer!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...