ViperMagnum357

Daemon Weapon Bindings and Determining Abilities

Alright, in addition to the forums I have checked all the books and all errata I found, and I have a couple of questions. I am assuming that you reroll duplicate powers when generating abilities from the same list, but I have not found that actually in the rules anywhere. In addition, is it possible to reduce degrees of success after rolling a test? I was wondering if it was possible, for a powerful Psyker unconcerned with Mastery tests, to guarantee a Binding Strength of 1 without a lot of (likely fatal) trial and error to maximize your abilities.

Edited by ViperMagnum357

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:19 AM, ViperMagnum357 said:

I am assuming that you reroll duplicate powers when generating abilities from the same list, but I have not found that actually in the rules anywhere.

I can't recall seeing it, but I agree, given that some abilities give non-duplicatable talents and traits, I feel it's implied and would, as a GM, certainly allow/insist on the reroll.

In addition, is it possible to reduce degrees of success after rolling a test?

No. It's quite possible to 'overbind' a daemon, I'm afraid.

I was wondering of it was possible, for a powerful Psyker unconcerned with Mastery tests, to guarantee a Binding Strength of 1 without a lot of (likely fatal) trial and error to maximize your abilities.

Put simply, no. it's doable to guarantee 'heavily bound' by stacking bonuses in your favour, but if you want a powerful weapon, you've got to take risks. Keep those rerolls handy!