Sign in to follow this  
Gmeista

Meta question

Hey guys,

I put armada on an about one year break (left right after I got Sloan and 2 HH’s) but getting back into it. I bought the two new expansions and looking forward to getting back into it. Just curious about a few meta questions. I am loving to read the 3 ISD thread but curious about 2 ISD’s. What is the consensus on those lists, 2 ISDII or 2 Cymoons? Also what do the list look like? Add 2 Goz?

Also, I had a super fun MSU 3 shrimp (MC30’s) list but are those lists dead now? 

Best list still seems to be what it was when you stopped: Riekaan Aces maxxed Squadrons.  It just won Worlds a few months ago.  Will probably have a strong showing at Gencon as well.

ISDs with Sloane are popular, though most popular is just a single ISD (Avenger 100% of the time, usually with BTs though sometimes just relying on Slaone's squadrons to flip tokens in order to maintain Gunnery Team).  Raddus with some mix of MC75/Liberty/MC30 is also popular, but hasn't won as many big events as people were predicting.

I would disagree I think the meta is wide open right  now. Riekaan aces were top 3 as that was what most of the top players were used to but each did it differently to before. Further there were some really close margins that let them squeak through to the top 4. 

Vader Cymoons are good but have counters. Find something fun to fly that you enjoy and run with it. Player skill remains the biggest determination of success in this game. 

Wide open. Some lists love seeing Riekaan Aces across the table and consider it an easy and big win.

3 ISDs works.

2 ISDs works.

Squads works.

Various MC30 build works.

MSU works.

Wide open.

@GiledPallaeon has played a lot of 2 and 3 ISD lists

and

@Ardaedhel is making 3 shrimp lists work.

The meta is in a fairly good place right now - most of the huge spikes have been ground down so while there are still some stinkers (point defense reroute - still terrible) you can more or less play what you like and do fairly well with it.

8 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

No.

Can you elaborate more? My original list was:

3 MC30's 
Author: gmeista

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: Mon Mothma

Assault Objective: Opening Salvo
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation Objective: Intel Sweep

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points) 
-  External Racks  ( 3  points) 
= 70 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
= 18 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
= 18 total ship cost

[ flagship ] CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  Mon Mothma  ( 30  points) 
 Jainas Light  ( 2  points) 
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
= 83 total ship cost

Admonition  ( 8  points) 
-  Lando Calrissian  ( 4  points) 
-  H9 Turbolasers  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
= 92 total ship cost

Foresight  ( 8  points) 
-  H9 Turbolasers  ( 8  points) 
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
= 88 total ship cost

1 Tycho Celchu ( 16 points) 
1 Z-95 Headhunter Squadron ( 7 points) 
= 23 total squadron cost

Are E-racks a lot better now?

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Best list still seems to be what it was when you stopped: Riekaan Aces maxxed Squadrons.  It just won Worlds a few months ago.  Will probably have a strong showing at Gencon as well.

ISDs with Sloane are popular, though most popular is just a single ISD (Avenger 100% of the time, usually with BTs though sometimes just relying on Slaone's squadrons to flip tokens in order to maintain Gunnery Team).  Raddus with some mix of MC75/Liberty/MC30 is also popular, but hasn't won as many big events as people were predicting.

Thanks! Going to play my first game again tonight. Might try either Sloan or Raddus since its a learn game.