ShadowFox1138

Has Legion and X-Wing taken Armada out of the picture?

I will say that in my experience so far,  there has been a stronger turn out for Armada events in my local area for some reason. 

Additionally, Armada at the Wave 1 mark was much bigger than Legion is now at the same age. 

I feel at least for me that Legion hasnt taken off strongly at least in the competitive scene. 

Edited by Irokenics

1 hour ago, Irokenics said:

I will say that in my experience so far,  there has been a stronger turn out for Armada events in my local area for some reason. 

Additionally, Armada at the 1 year mark was much bigger than Legion is now at the same age. 

I feel at least for me that Legion hasnt taken off strongly at least in the competitive scene. 

Seems the same around here.  I know a lot of the usual "Star Wars" and "40k" guys in the local area, and I only know of two who have jumped onto Legion and started buying it.  The local stores appear the have ample stock (if not overstock), whereas with both X-Wing and Armada the first couple of waves were often very hard to find on shelves.  Then again, there was never really any Imperial Assault scene here.

I realize that, like 40k, Legion is more of a "play it in your basement with a close friend or two" sort of game, so you wouldn't expect to see it being played in stores as much, but yea I dunno if it's just general Star Wars fatigue or what.

Regarding the OP, to stay on topic: YES, Legion and X-Wing have clearly taken the focus off of Armada, since we're nearing the 12 month mark of 'radio silence' from FFG and the 7 month mark of a new product being on shelves with nothing new announced (so likely even if something were announced soon, still 4-6 months away from being on shelves).  The bigger question is whether or not Armada will come back into the picture at some point...

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

As much as we all love seeing this thread resurrect itself over and over again ?, it's time for my once-a-day Clippy post.

"It looks like you're trying to retread the same Armada Ded Gaem conversation that's happening in half a dozen other threads simultaneously. Would you like some help going to the already-established threads that have been discussing every possible thought about the demise of Armada for years?"

504767-Microsoft_0.jpg?itok=uMwRf0_2&resize=1100x619

If there's no Gencon update...

The shroud of the dark side has... not yet... fallen.

Dear FFG: regarding new Armada articles

Suggestion to FFG

A Decent Ultimatum

Armada is Dead should die.

Love this game

Sorry, not helping the community

Yet another month almost over and FFG continues the Neglect

I kinda hate Armada and here's why

Yes, we've heard of Legion. Yes, we've noticed that Armada hasn't gotten attention lately. We have a wonderful community here, and it's wasted by this stupid complaining. Ask us about tips for deploying the Arquitens. Ask us for favorite loadouts for an MC80. Ask us for the best objectives to go with a Sloane fleet. If you've got a good idea to get more Armada content, then share it. But this is not that. You could always just make your own Armada content, like I'm doing.

The Armada scene around me has also improved recently.  There are several more Store Championships then in the last couple years.  That said with no new product I find it hard to support my FLGS because I just don't play many other games.  The best I can do is convince others to get started in Armada.  I know I WANT to spend money on Armada, there just isn't much left that I can convince myself that I need.  I have to imagine that is a problem for Stores in that without new product the old product does not move well.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:48 AM, ShadowFox1138 said:

I know Legion is the big thing....but with FFG not saying anything about Armada....i am concerned.

Is anyone else?

Legion hasn't got these yet, does that mean that it's dead?

Edited by Piratical Moustache
Attachment limits are annoying.

12 hours ago, Irokenics said:

Additionally, Armada at the Wave 1 mark was much bigger than Legion is now at the same age. 

Legion to me is the computer game version of Beta. Sure it’s fun but competitively it’s super limited in terms of tactical options and I don’t see that changing for at least 6 months. When everything on the current release schedule has dropped it might be able to hold a candle to Armada as a competitive game... might... 

10 hours ago, beefcake4000 said:

Legion to me is the computer game version of Beta. Sure it’s fun but competitively it’s super limited in terms of tactical options and I don’t see that changing for at least 6 months. When everything on the current release schedule has dropped it might be able to hold a candle to Armada as a competitive game... might... 

Armada wave 1 at 300 points was even more limited. You'd have 20 people turn up to a Games Night Kit that was only 2 rounds. We barely get 6 for a legion event

Edited by Irokenics

17 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

No.

Absolutely no one has ever even considered raising such a negative mindset thus far.

At all.

Ever.

too be fair I've been slammed at work and away from the forums for at least 3 weeks, he's probably just not aware I exist ;)

also, armada isn't in any danger at all. 

A burnt down house can't be in danger of catching fire. 

Edited by dominosfleet

40 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

too be fair I've been slammed at work and away from the forums for at least 3 weeks, he's probably just not aware I exist ;)

also, armada isn't in any danger at all. 

A burnt down house can't be in danger of catching fire. 

you're not so needed in that regard?

honestly I hopped back on here after what feels like forever and all of the semi optimism that's going on with gen con is getting me way too close to actually thinking something might happen. 

Spoiler: Legion 2.0. 

Edited by dominosfleet