Sign in to follow this  
LordCola

SSD Disappointment

First of all: I want an SSD in the game be it the Executor, Bellator, Eclipse or what ever glorious giant ship it would be. I just feel like with all the talk on the forums and all the shadow sources within the play tester it already seems inevitable and confirmed that the SSD is going to come at GenCon. I love that, but that takes out most of the suspense. I would be really disappointed if GenCon gives us only the SSD because it feels like that ship is already announced and we are just waiting for it to hit stores. No suspense, no theorizing about what is coming next. That's why I am really hoping that they will maybe announce wave 8 Dornean gunship and Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser out now(ish) so that we get our second yearly wave and next the SSD early next year or something like that. Maby swap the order SSD now and Dornean gunship and Dreadnaught-class heavy cruiser early next year.

3 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

Has an SSD been announced?

No it hasn't

1 minute ago, rhs2042 said:

We've gone straight past hype to disillusionment before an announcement has even been made.  I'd like to say that this is a new record--but, sadly, it isn't.

You are absolutely right but I am just reporting how I am feeling about this and was wondering if anybody else was feeling the same.

9 minutes ago, rhs2042 said:

We've gone straight past hype to disillusionment before an announcement has even been made.  I'd like to say that this is a new record--but, sadly, it isn't.

I'm so confused right now. I havent seen a single playtester even hint at an SSD

6 minutes ago, LordCola said:

No it hasn't

The SSD has been rumored and confirmed in the past to be at previous events and didnt show up.  This is no different.  Also how can you be disappointed for something that hasnt even happened yet?

Spoiler Alert - Star Wars Armada GenCon Announcement!
<div id="spoiler" style="display:none">
Wave 8 - 
  Rebel Ewok Battlecruisers
  Imperial Death Star Token
</div>
<button title="Click to show/hide content" type="button" onclick="if(document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=='none') {document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=''}else{document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display='none'}">Show/hide</button>

Whoops

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

7 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Spoiler Alert - Star Wars Armada GenCon Announcement!
<div id="spoiler" style="display:none">
Wave 8 - 
  Rebel Ewok Battlecruisers
  Imperial Death Star Token
</div>
<button title="Click to show/hide content" type="button" onclick="if(document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=='none') {document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=''}else{document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display='none'}">Show/hide</button>

Whoops

Ugh not the Ewok Battlecruiser! Kites don't work in space! I'm tired of the space opera excuse, this is getting out of hand.

33 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

So what you are saying is that forum excitement over the SSD has been so big you want them to just skip it and deliver the next 2 most heavily expected and theorized ships in the star wars universe and then come back to it cause you still want it?

Yikes.

no no, I want it ASAP but I don't think we will see it until early next year. What I want is for them to announce more then just the SSD.

1 hour ago, ripper998 said:

Also how can you be disappointed for something that hasnt even happened yet?

I would not be disappointed if we get an SSD. As I said I really want it in the game. I would just be disappointed if the next release was just the SSD.

21 minutes ago, LordCola said:

I would not be disappointed if we get an SSD. As I said I really want it in the game. I would just be disappointed if the next release was just the SSD.

It’s still a matter of “flying in the face of a good thing.”

i mean, SOMETHING is better than the nothing we’ve got so far, even if it’s just an SSD...

... right?

"It looks like you're trying to retread the same Super Star Destroyer conversation that's happening in half a dozen other threads simultaneously. Would you like some help going to the already-established threads that have been discussing every possible thought about the SSD for years?"

504767-Microsoft_0.jpg?itok=uMwRf0_2&resize=1100x619

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

Forums are for speculations, so let’s speculate, what is “Something Big”

Why do people want a super star destroyer?

Admiral Piett prediction.

Super Star Destroyer Pics and Stat development question

What will Wave 8 bring?

5 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

"It looks like you're trying to retread the same Super Star Destroyer conversation that's happening in half a dozen other threads simultaneously. Would you like some help going to the already-established threads that have been discussing every possible thought about the SSD for years?"

What will Wave 8 bring?

Ah. Clippy. 

Kids these days don't know the annoyance of the know-it-all butt-in.

8 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

What will Wave 8 bring?

This is him now... Feel old?

latest?cb=20061118214152

1 hour ago, Nostromoid said:

What will Wave 8 bring?

Great, now I need to find the settings to disable it again...