Sign in to follow this  
Raahk

*Spoilers*: Boundary Beyond Resigning

so we played The Boundary Beyond and the whole team was defeated. The resolution suggests that there is an option to resign. We went through the whole lot of cards and couldn't find a card which would allow us to resign. Are we missing something?

2 hours ago, Raahk said:

so we played The Boundary Beyond and the whole team was defeated. The resolution suggests that there is an option to resign. We went through the whole lot of cards and couldn't find a card which would allow us to resign. Are we missing something?

The no Resolution option simply always states that you should use this option if everyone resigned or was eliminated. 

5 hours ago, Donel said:

The no Resolution option simply always states that you should use this option if everyone resigned or was eliminated. 

So this does not imply that there is an actual possibility to resign? Or is resigning an option since "getting the **** out of here" is an option?

Man this scenario was brutal ... I expected something along the lines of midnight masks. Collect as many clues as possible and then resign. But that was not the case

My assessment here is based on having read every resolution so extra spoiler warnings.

I haven't played over the scenario yet. I just got my pack today. But as our groups rules lawyer I go over all the story details ahead of time so I can look up any specific rulings they are likely to raise over the play session and get dirty looks when I don't warn them about all the things I know.

I didn't see anything that would allow you to resign to my memory. It's just text they copy and paste over in the new resolution box. As for the difficulty I must agree. Looks like a hash senario. While I'm sure it's possible to clear off all 6 locations of clues before time runs out, I think the devs intend for you to feel accomplished for have clearing as few as 3 of them.

The second half of the scenario is an interesting twist. It's almost like this is a two part scenario. Once Either the Act or Agenda deck finishes the game forces both decks onto their third 'secret' last step and you have to escape to determine if you got the good ending or the extra good ending because R2 doesn't really seem to punish you for letting the Agenda go through. Your punishment is entirely thematic as opposed to mechanical. I'm honestly surprised it doesn't net you any trauma because it reads like it should. As long as you can survive to the end, even if you don't stop the evil snake lady, you should consider yourself to have won if you manage to clear 3 or more locations.

Only lousy Two. Playing with Finn and Calvin and both need time to get their Monster killing engine going. As it turns out: too late.  we got overrun (also because we both drew our enemy weakness)....

Good luck with yours

Edit: WAIT A MINUTE. I am travelling right now so i cannot look it up but we assumed that 2a advances when all 6 locations have been cleared.  Does the scene advance when you clear, say, 2 out of 2 revealed?

Edited by Raahk

7 minutes ago, Raahk said:

Only lousy Two. Playing with Finn and Calvin and both need time to get their Monster killing engine going. As it turns out: too late.  we got overrun (also because we both drew our enemy weakness)....

Good luck with yours

Edit: WAIT A MINUTE. I am travelling right now so i cannot look it up but we assumed that 2a advances when all 6 locations have been cleared.  Does the scene advance when you clear, say, 2 out of 2 revealed?

Short answer no. The only way to advance the act deck from 2a to 2b is by clearing 6 ancient locations of clues