Commander Kaine

Does Jendon allow you to take a Lock, even if you don't have it?

So... Does Jendon effectively give locks to everyone, or only the ships that actually have access to Locks can benefit from his ability? 

I think I've seen people talking about how it gives re-rolls to Interceptors and Fighters, but does he really? RAW it doesn't look like that. 

Is Jendon for Bomber swarms (and barons of the Empire?)

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Bombers, baby!

That's one horrifying alpha for one poor bastard to have to stare down

Even useful to augment fairly self sufficient ships, such as ion prockets Aslam gunboats, with more mods 

Jendon 

Gamma Sqd Ace, Crack Shot, Conc. Miss., Protorps X2

Jonus with stuff. 

62 pts to fill jendon and Jonus. Fully modded attacks, and you get to keep the locks. Plus crack shot for extra fun. 

11 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Bombers, baby!

That's one horrifying alpha for one poor bastard to have to stare down

Even useful to augment fairly self sufficient ships, such as ion prockets Aslam gunboats, with more mods 

Also Tie advanced cuold benefit from jendon's ability.

I think i will pair them for shure

20 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

They don't really work together. 

Jendon is activation phase, Tarkin is system phase. 

Separate triggers. 

They have separate triggers, but Tarkin needs a Lock on other ships to use his ability. As long as Jendon's ability allows him to take a Lock as well, it'll be nice to allow all ships to snag a Lock on turn 1, then Tarkin keeps his Lock on one of the most important ships on the board so he can use his ability to allow the chubby mini-swarm to all acquire locks on the same ship again. Of course, you need to put Krennic on Jendon's Lambda so that Tarkin can Lock at all, but it's thematically hilarious that Tarkin exploits Krennic's achievement.

Tarkin does, I believe, allow ships without Lock to acquire a Lock, but he still needs to have one. That's annoying, because he's always paired with Krennic or on the Decimator.

I've looked at Jendon to help gain locks for ships that can take FCS. Even to the length of putting Krennic and Tarkin on Jendon. Using Jendon early for LRS basically, then Tarkin to allow free acquiring of new lock on next target. Although that's a high tax to get that effect when I've tried to build lists. 

1 hour ago, RStan said:

I've looked at Jendon to help gain locks for ships that can take FCS. Even to the length of putting Krennic and Tarkin on Jendon. Using Jendon early for LRS basically, then Tarkin to allow free acquiring of new lock on next target. Although that's a high tax to get that effect when I've tried to build lists. 

That's my experience as well.

I think Jendon is great for ships that naturally have a target lock, but it is a stretch to make it work for others. 

8 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

That's my experience as well.

I think Jendon is great for ships that naturally have a target lock, but it is a stretch to make it work for others. 

Yeah that's why I'm leaning towards setting up FCS locks for Defenders, Adv v1, Adv x1, and Gunboats along with the obvious alpha strikes. I really liked the idea of Tarkin giving locks to ships that don't normally get it, but it's too high a tax IMO. 

Edited by RStan