Sign in to follow this  
chicklewis

Secrets of Arkham core set upgrade releasing WHEN ?

johnny shoes said:

I think FFG does read our posts. I prefer to believe they read them and not respond, rather than not read them at all. After all, sharks patrol these waters.

Then the good folks @ FFG have questionable tactics. It doesn't really make sense to read posts in which engaged players of the game complain about your company policy and afterwards to not  respond to these post in any way. Just my 2 cents. Also: Hi! swell forum.

Honestly, it is annoying that everything is so quiet about the release date, and no explanation was giving.  I'd even accept, "Well the dog ate them, so we have to reprint them all.  Its a rather big dog."

But, Im wiling to give them a break, as i said before, if they dont meet the release date(s).  I know another popular company has also been having release date problems, thats usually pretty good.  So, all this may be external.  Maybe a customs thing.  Who knows?

not us unless someone tells us.

I'm not sure if this is just a false alarm, but here in the UK Infinity Games has Secrets of Arkham to be on sale on 21 May.  It could be an error, but they just sent me (yesterday) an email specially announcing it as one of their 'upcoming games' for this month.    

For those interested, the link is here:

http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/secrets-of-arkham-expansion-call-of-cthulhu-lcg-10149.aspx

What if they have nothing formal to add. The lack of communication could be interpreted as, "Arkham Expansion is delayed. A new release date is not yet set. The delay is due to internal business challenges."

I'd like to know more, like, " The pallets fell into a pile of fish oil. It will take three months to air out the smell."

Yes, Secrets of Arkham is in stock here in the UK as well, at least at online retailers.  I will be picking up my copy from my FLGS in the next few days.  

What Shoes said - please tell us all the details !

So is it the Europeans who received the release first ??  Is that a first, or has this happened before ??  

Great to hear that it does exist in meatspace. 

I read stories about the big expansion and the new asylumpacks already being available in Europe. However the dutch online webshops I checked still only have it on pre-order status.

I also mailed one webshop asking about it and they told me that they still not have it in stock. Are there other people also having problems with availibilty?

The departure from the core set. I always viewed Expansions, like Arkham Expansion itself, as releases that would advance the game, stabilize the game, flesh out the game. This looks to be partly so. In truth, it is the Asylum Packs that have slowly had to accomplished that, and often spottily, as factions languished.

Secrets of Arkham Expansion is a very nice product. It still did not splash Regionals decks, and I'll guess Nationals will have similarly few choice Expansion cards in an already set deck. And that's reasonable. The selection is very nice. There are after all only a stoic stack of new cards per faction. But the point is that the arc this Expansion has taken has not served the game as it might have, or might still. Why, because of the release challenges. Perhaps still, as it might seem they sold so well that they are hard to come by. Either way, frustrations have messed with the wild enthusiasm for a new base of reprints, even though the product is pretty great. May the next Expansion be slightly more on time.

Yuggoth One was terrific, the new distribution a boon. The second AP is out. It's championship season. Arkham Expansion cards are legal, but the story deck has not been, which is kinda the argument right there.