Sign in to follow this  
Vetnor

Foresight and Xi7

If I'm running Foresight and get hit by X17's can I redirect one point to two different adjacent hull zones?

The FaQ mentions Advanced Projectors but doesn't say anything about Foresight.

The X17 card does say "it cannot suffer more than 1 damage on hull zones other than the defending hull zone" so I would say yes I could.

e.g. An ISD with X17s hits my Foresights front hull with 5 damage. I can redirect 1 point to both right and left hull zones and take 3 on the front hull zone

Or is Foresight treated the same as Advanced Projectors?

15 minutes ago, Vetnor said:

If I'm running Foresight and get hit by X17's can I redirect one point to two different adjacent hull zones?

The FaQ mentions Advanced Projectors but doesn't say anything about Foresight.

The X17 card does say "it cannot suffer more than 1 damage on hull zones other than the defending hull zone" so I would say yes I could.

e.g. An ISD with X17s hits my Foresights front hull with 5 damage. I can redirect 1 point to both right and left hull zones and take 3 on the front hull zone

Or is Foresight treated the same as Advanced Projectors?

It’s treatedcas Advanced projectors.

”cannot” preference and all that.

so regardless of the means, you cannot suffer more than 1 damage outside of the defending zone.

Now, not to say I like or agree with the AP ruling, but it is absolute precedence, as the wording between foresight and advanced projectors is mechanically very similar.

Edited by Drasnighta

22 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

It’s treatedcas Advanced projectors.

”cannot” preference and all that.

so regardless of the means, you cannot suffer more than 1 damage outside of the defending zone.

Now, not to say I like or agree with the AP ruling, but it is absolute precedence, as the wording between foresight and advanced projectors is mechanically very similar.

Yes that's what I thought even though I don't agree with it either.

(edit) I find it interesting that the FaQ specifically names Advanced Projectors and isn't a general statement/ruling. Makes me think that the FaQ only applies to AP.

Edited by Vetnor

4 hours ago, Vetnor said:

(edit) I find it interesting that the FaQ specifically names Advanced Projectors and isn't a general statement/ruling. Makes me think that the FaQ only applies to AP.

Foresight hadn't been released when that FAQ entry was written.  Because the relevant wording on Foresight is identical to that on AP, there has never been any need to update the entry.

latest?cb=20171129095811        latest?cb=20150924150605

latest?cb=20150131011433

If you think this might be the incorrect interpretation for some reason, feel free to submit the question, but barring that, pretty much any TO is going to rule that XI7 vs Foresight is identical to XI7 vs AP.