hitpointhero

Your favorite bad joke

Dr.G's favorite:

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia?  He stayed up all night wondering if there is a dog.

//

BOM's joke about the three nearly-deaf sisters.

Windy, isn't it.

No, it's Thursday.

So am I, let's get a drink.

In the Real(tm) world, in respne to the 'mis-steak' food pun:

"Steak puns; that's a rare medium, well done!"

In Star Wars:

"Anakin, you're breaking my heart!"
"Don't be silly Padme - it's pronounced neck."

2 hours ago, Marinealver said:

well you are not wrong but that is a low bar.

nfziXcp8_400x400.jpg

I'm a simple man. Whether or like it or not, I'll always love star wars. 

However, JJ "Mysterybox" Abrams can go and shove his stupid script where the sun don't shine. If a SW movie made ME hate it, that's some astonishing work right there. 

I legitimately enjoyed TLJ and Attack of the Clones. If EP 9 is at that level, I'd be okay with it. 

Just now, Pooleman said:

The Force Awakens was good. The Last Jedi was complete crap. 

What was good about TFA? 

I'm aware of the problems with TLJ, but it had redeeming qualities. 

TFA:

Literally ANH reshoot. I cannot and I will not forgive a third fricking deathstar. That cr@p is inexcusable. 

It destroyed the achievements of the OT. We don't see the good guys being happy. We don't care for the Hosnian System... we don't see the Republic... We see the same new hope beats, again. 

The beloved characters of the franchise are reduced to overgratitious cameos, where they just quote themselves. 

The hero does not struggle at all, just wins at everything. Luke got his *** kicked several times. He earned his place. 

Furthermore, everything that people freak out about on TLJ, is actually the problem of TFA. Snoke being a nobody? Yeah, that was never different. Have you seen Lost? JJ Abrams DOES NOT KNOW these things when he writes them. He makes them up as he goes. Or he doesn't. 

TFA is not a good representation of the star wars world, we do not see anything we can relate to. EXCEPT...

The visual design of every ship is just a boring ripoff of the original trilogy. It feels wrong. 

AND CHEWIE DOESN'T GET HUGGED. WHY IS REY HUGGED? 

Was Canto Bight kinda bad? Yes. Did the space battle make no sense? Yup. Was the hyperdrive kamikaze inconsistent with the world as we know it? Sure. 

(Did literally every star wars movie do something as dumb as these? Definitely)

But Luke faltering? That's great. 

Kylo? A treasure. 

Yoda was amazing.

What was GOOD about TFA? 

22 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

I'm a simple man. Whether or like it or not, I'll always love star wars. 

However, JJ "Mysterybox" Abrams can go and shove his stupid script where the sun don't shine. If a SW movie made ME hate it, that's some astonishing work right there. 

I legitimately enjoyed TLJ and Attack of the Clones. If EP 9 is at that level, I'd be okay with it. 

I actually agree with pooleman on this one. I can find more to like in TFA than TLJ. I have literally watched TLJ twice and hated it more the second time. TFA doesn’t hold my attention very well either but I like the characters more. TLJ pretty much took anything good from TFA and crapped all over it. All personal taste but I have little to no intention of watching another Disney star wars movie and there is literally 0 chance I’ll pay theatre money for it.

Just now, LordFajubi said:

I actually agree with pooleman on this one. I can find more to like in TFA than TLJ. I have literally watched TLJ twice and hated it more the second time. TFA doesn’t hold my attention very well either but I like the characters more. TLJ pretty much took anything good from TFA and crapped all over it. All personal taste but I have little to no intention of watching another Disney star wars movie and there is literally 0 chance I’ll pay theatre money for it.

Again, I find this baffling. Could you list the good things about TFA? 

1 minute ago, Commander Kaine said:

Again, I find this baffling. Could you list the good things about TFA? 

Well first off we both agree on neither is good but what I prefer is what you disliked. I don’t mind the rehash as much as most. Was it safe and lame, sure, but it was at least a movie I wanted to watch start to finish. Poe and Finn are much better together in TFA than TLJ. I don’t like most of the characters in TLJ and have huge problems with things you preferred, more on that later.

I like that Rey is mildly force sensitive, like Luke was in ANH, in TFA. TLJ really rams home the Mary Sue mythos on her as she becomes a knight level combatant with no training, ugh. I liked the settings more in TFA. Jakku is a tattoine rip off but it is at least interesting. The Death Star planet is beautiful, salt flats and vegas didn’t thrill me. I liked BB8’s jokes in TFA better and hate the porgs.

Just a couple points there, again all personal taste. Now my big beef with TLJ is the characters. Superman Leia, angsty immature Poe, captain nobody Finn, damsel in distress nerd girl, Luke a scared paranoid coward, Yoda a wise cracking anti-wisdom fountain. We agree on Kylo though, I really like him in either movie. I can not fully articulate how much I hate TLJ but again TFA is not good in my eyes just better. 😊 Been discussed to death but I wanted to explain my feelings without attacking you for yours. 

2 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Well first off we both agree on neither is good but what I prefer is what you disliked. I don’t mind the rehash as much as most. Was it safe and lame, sure, but it was at least a movie I wanted to watch start to finish. Poe and Finn are much better together in TFA than TLJ. I don’t like most of the characters in TLJ and have huge problems with things you preferred, more on that later.

I like that Rey is mildly force sensitive, like Luke was in ANH, in TFA. TLJ really rams home the Mary Sue mythos on her as she becomes a knight level combatant with no training, ugh. I liked the settings more in TFA. Jakku is a tattoine rip off but it is at least interesting. The Death Star planet is beautiful, salt flats and vegas didn’t thrill me. I liked BB8’s jokes in TFA better and hate the porgs.

Just a couple points there, again all personal taste. Now my big beef with TLJ is the characters. Superman Leia, angsty immature Poe, captain nobody Finn, damsel in distress nerd girl, Luke a scared paranoid coward, Yoda a wise cracking anti-wisdom fountain. We agree on Kylo though, I really like him in either movie. I can not fully articulate how much I hate TLJ but again TFA is not good in my eyes just better. 😊 Been discussed to death but I wanted to explain my feelings without attacking you for yours. 

oM2U22F.gif

:D