Sign in to follow this  
FriendofYoda

(2e) Luke + What???

I like the idea of the following;

Luke; Supernatural Reflexes, Afterburners, S-Foils, R2-D2 (90)

But not sure what to do with the other 110... A couple of proton torp carriers perhaps? U Wing + a thing? Fat ghost?

So happy 2.0 costs are here!

On 7/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, FriendofYoda said:

I like the idea of the following;

Luke; Supernatural Reflexes, Afterburners, S-Foils, R2-D2 (90)

But not sure what to do with the other 110... A couple of proton torp carriers perhaps? U Wing + a thing? Fat ghost? So happy 2.0 costs are here!

Here's a very thematic list; might not be two competitive but I like the idea (199)

”Red October”

Luke Skywalker (62) - Servomotor S – Foils (0) + Instinctive Aim (2) + Proton Torpedoes (9) + R2 – D2 (8)   (81)

Wedge Antilles (52) - Servomotor S – Foils (0) + R2 Astromech (6) + Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)  (64)

Biggs Darklighter (48) - Servomotor S – Foils (0) + R2 Astromech (6)    (54)

Edited by Cgriffith

22 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Here's a very thematic list; might not be two competitive but I like the idea (199)

”Red October”

Luke Skywalker (62) - Servomotor S – Foils (0) + Instinctive Aim (2) + Proton Torpedoes (9) + R2 – D2 (8)   (81)

Wedge Antilles (52) - Servomotor S – Foils (0) + R2 Astromech (6) + Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)  (64)

Biggs Darklighter (48) - Servomotor S – Foils (0) + R2 Astromech (6)    (54)

That's a super thematic list, I like it. 

I'm definitely going to be running something similar at some point. Not 100% sure on the APTs, but I guess if they're going to be good on anyone, it'd be Wedge. I'd maybe think about taking R3 Astromech on him, it'll mask his target a little and give him options so you're less likely to find yourself stuck without a target lock when you get that range 1 shot lined up.

Also, if you've got a point spare you may as well put Trick Shot on Wedge. He already strips his target's obstacle bonus, so Trick Shot basically turns obstacles into an advantage..

23 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

That's a super thematic list, I like it. 

I'm definitely going to be running something similar at some point. Not 100% sure on the APTs, but I guess if they're going to be good on anyone, it'd be Wedge. I'd maybe think about taking R3 Astromech on him, it'll mask his target a little and give him options so you're less likely to find yourself stuck without a target lock when you get that range 1 shot lined up.

Also, if you've got a point spare you may as well put Trick Shot on Wedge. He already strips his target's obstacle bonus, so Trick Shot basically turns obstacles into an advantage..

I was thinking I want something thematic and that would not put all the focus on Luke and by putting APT's on Wedge I thought using Biggs as his wingman would make it essentially a two-ship build and dual threat. Focus on Luke and Wedge will tear you apart, chase Luke and Wedge will cripple you so Luke can win the endgame. I don't know some adjustment is probably needed but I thought it looked good.

Here's my take on these 3...

Trench Run Trio

Luke Skywalker (62) - Servomotor S – Foils (0), Heightened Perception (3), Proton Torpedoes (9), R4 Astromech (2) and Hull Upgrade (5) = (81)

Wedge Antilles (52) - Servomotor S – Foils (0), Swarm Tactics (3), R4 Astromech (2), and Hull Upgrade (5) = (62)

Biggs Darklighter (48) - Servomotor S – Foils (0), R4 Astromech (2), and Hull Upgrade (5) = (55)

Total - 198

Three 7 health X-Wings, one firing at I7 and the other 2 at I6, should be fun. Don't know if a 2 point bid will be worth anything but there you go.

12 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

I was thinking I want something thematic and that would not put all the focus on Luke and by putting APT's on Wedge I thought using Biggs as his wingman would make it essentially a two-ship build and dual threat. Focus on Luke and Wedge will tear you apart, chase Luke and Wedge will cripple you so Luke can win the endgame. I don't know some adjustment is probably needed but I thought it looked good.

Yeah, I've been thinking more about the APTs on Wedge and I'm really starting to like them. It's expensive, but given how cheap Biggs is, and how silly putting too many points on him seems, I think it's worth it. It really makes Wedge and Luke a solid 1-2.

More on why I'm coming round to it below.

7 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

Here's my take on these 3...

Trench Run Trio

Luke Skywalker (62) - Servomotor S – Foils (0), Heightened Perception (3), Proton Torpedoes (9), R4 Astromech (2) and Hull Upgrade (5) = (81)

Wedge Antilles (52) - Servomotor S – Foils (0), Swarm Tactics (3), R4 Astromech (2), and Hull Upgrade (5) = (62)

Biggs Darklighter (48) - Servomotor S – Foils (0), R4 Astromech (2), and Hull Upgrade (5) = (55)

Total - 198

Three 7 health X-Wings, one firing at I7 and the other 2 at I6, should be fun. Don't know if a 2 point bid will be worth anything but there you go.

I always really liked R2 astro on X-Wings in 1e, but even though they're the same equivalent cost, R4 in 2e seems less than optimal.

Now that X-Wings have native blue 2 banks, all you're gaining is blue 2 hards. That's nice, don't get me wrong. But with the other options available in the slot, I think they can do better. If you're kitting Luke out with torps and not taking Instinctive Aim, for example, I think R3 Astro helps him way more. 

Also, dropping the hull upgrade and taking R2 Astro is a point cheaper each, and effectively gives you 2 extra HP, as opposed to hull upgrade's 1. Not to mention, those two extra HP are shields, which is better for protection against crits. Yes, you have to give up being able to shoot for two turns, but with how X-Wings like to fly that's not necessarily a problem.

On X-Wings, Hull Upgrade is actually slightly cheaper than it was in 1e, but it still feels like overinvestment to me. Think of all the other things you could do with that 15 points. Wedge's ability works with torps, and the closed s-foil attack reduction only affects primaries. Given Wedge's supreme ability to get to range 1 now that he has access to native boost and the max initiative possible, I can see a really strong case for having him slow roll to range 3 for a target lock (or two with R3) then next turn, close s-foils, focus and linked boost to range 1 and fire off the APTs with full mods and his own agility reduction.

He'd hit like an absolute truck. And depending on whether or not you take Heightened Perception, you're either firing after Luke has already fired and hopefully stripped tokens, or you giving Luke every advantage on a less powerful 3 dice primary, but with (hopefully) target lock and the soft focus from a Force token.