GalaxyUC

What's Up with the Crappy Stocking??!!

Why can't Coolstuff or MM keep Adventure Pack and Expansions in Stock??!! They just did a run of the Ring Maker Cycle (NEED!), but I did not have cash in hand, no they are all gone except for one here and there? Anyone know why FFG is doing such a sh*tastic job of keeping this game in stock? I see they only run a print every 4-5 months? WTF?!

I'm sure the pace of reprints is dictated by business reasons.  At a minimum, FFG's reprints are correctly sized to avoid excess inventory....  BTW, FFG's own site is still showing one AP from Ringmaker in stock (Trouble in Tharbad).  On Amazon, I can get 3 packs for list MSRP and prime shipping (Trouble in Tharbad, Celebrimbor's Secret, Dunland Trap), another two for $20 (Antlered Crown and Three Trials, the latter available just over $15 non-prime), and only Nin-in-Eleph seriously overpriced at $40 [way too much for that miserable quest, IMO].

I'm not arguing that they couldn't have stood to make a few more copies of the reprint, since it was just done, but with some searching you should be able to find most of the cycle.  Coolstuff and MM will sell out first because they're selling at a discount.

To add on to what other posters have said, as more cycles are released there's more to reprint so keep that in mind. It'll take more time for them to come back around to a cycle assuming they have some kind of order they go in when doing the reprints.

That said, I'm sure they could figure out a way to hire new printers to print things faster, but they must not think it'll be cost effective to do so or they would have already done it.

What I don't understand is why is Khazad-dum at the printer by itself and not with the packs from Dwarrowdelf? They were all Awaiting Reprint at the same time. There must be some crazy logistics involved with them and their printers I guess. But in the end things do get back in stock... you just have to be quick about buying them when they are.

There are close to 100 quests and the same in nightmare. It's very difficult to keep the better part of 200 items in stock when you consider how many other products they carry. Any business will have to make tough choices on where to put their capital. It's  unfortunate they sold out so fast and I'm sorry it's tough for you to find them. Best of luck. Like other posters said you can find most of them, if a couple have after market prices it isn't quite as bad to stomach. Luckily I've bought very few at secondary market prices. 

I know a lot of people, including myself, are waiting for a lot of different items to be reprinted.  If you can be patient (something I have a hard time doing) you will be able to get the packs for regular price, either through reprints or snatching them up on ebay/other online stores.  Also, don't shy away from checking brick and mortar stores, as they can sometimes have the very product you are looking for on their shelves.  

It's unfortunate. I'm also on the lookout for re-printed packs.  But, this situation is easily avoidable. Just use a credit card and pay the extra couple bucks of interest until you have cash in hand. You can bet that Dwarrowdelf will sell out even faster once it's reprinted.

Come on. You can't tell it was his fault because he can't buy it at this time. Especially since you have no idea why he couldn't. And anyway he is the only one who suffer the loss so what the point of being mean?

@GalaxyUC Sorry about that. Here what you can do:

- Buy what come next, anyway scenario of cycle 2 are the worst of the game in my opinion;
- Print some cards at home (or work, or anywhere in fact) and play with it. It is not 100% legal but no one will ever ask about it. If I was you I will print only player card you are interested to play because it is really complicated to print a whole scenario.
- You can play the missing scenario on octogone. It is free and you will be able to play it the same way you will have do at your home. Many players here (or in discord) can show you how it work or play with you some scenario of your choice.

And you know what is the best: those three ideas can all be mixed one with another, like printing player card you want to play when you play the further cycle and when you finish them, if there is still no cycle 2 to buy you can play it online instead of being frustrated.

17 hours ago, GalaxyUC said:

I get that everyone wants to rush to FFG's defense, but you know, they could probably try to figure something out. They want to make money.

I don't think you'll find anyone here who likes their "slow" reprint schedule, but most of us have made peace with it and understand from a business standpoint why it is the way it is.

Any company would find the cheapest method of production that allows them to maximize profit while remaining competitive. There is no direct competition for the cooperative LCG scene, much less a LOTR card game so that part of the equation is minimized. (Yes there are other games one could buy, but LOTR has a strong following and this is the only card game currently in print. Plus games aren't exclusive as you can enjoy several games) This allows them to utilize only the cheapest printer(s) that meets their quality standards. They know whatever that printer can put out will be sold. Hiring a new printer would obviously be more expensive than keeping just whoever they have and lower their profit margin. (I say obviously because they would already have hired more printers if they thought it was as profitable as just maintaining what they currently have) By just keeping their current printers, they don't have to suffer that "loss" in profit. Would you like it if they raised prices a little to help offset hiring a new printer? Some people wouldn't mind it, but some people would flip out.

Is it frustrating? Yes, many of us, myself included, have been waiting for years due to missing cycle two's last reprint. Fortunately for this game, you can skip a cycle and come back to it once it is back in print without too much of an issue, other than the mental block of going "out of order".  That's something I only recently discovered myself as my desire to go in order and waiting had taken all the fun out of the game. Let yourself go somewhere else, for myself it was cycle 5 I jumped to while I wait for 2 to come back.

TL;DR: WHY ARE THE RING SLEEVES STILL OUT OF PRINT????????????????? The Eye sleeves are in print, but I need ring ones!

On 7/28/2018 at 7:09 AM, jc1138 said:

Also, don't shy away from checking brick and mortar stores, as they can sometimes have the very product you are looking for on their shelves.  

I had a friend go out to Hawaii for vacation and did a favor to check for things at a game store if he stumbled through one.

Sad to say it was not a success...

The struggle is real.