Innese

2.0 Points Values & Slots

2 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

Only 1 mod slots for every ships though? I thought some were getting more mod slot than that.

I were looking for that too, since the quick buid cards have 2 mod upgrades, but only saw TIE Interceptor and HWK-290 with 2 mod slots. 

So that means those quick build cards only works for the Escalade Gameplay...

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

The phantom needs to save it though. And it’s backing up 2 agility. Not really the same sort of situation at all.

Maybe if supernatural reflexes lets you link actions, then the inquisitor squad can link focus, clear stress, evade for focus and evade on 3 agi

5 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

The phantom needs to save it though. And it’s backing up 2 agility. Not really the same sort of situation at all.

Lando can do it, as can any rebel ship with co-pilot and Jan Ors Jyn Erso. 

Full Throttle is a great ability, nobody is arguing that.  I just don't think the Defenders are good enough to warrant such a huge price increase.

57 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

Check the escape craft costs, that's where it balances out. 

No it doesn't, because you don't need the escape craft to copmare the two ships.  The falcon is already better than the jumpmaster WITHOUT the escape craft.  The craft just makes it even better.  

10 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Yea, I have to imagine the Scum Falcon will cost more in time, I mean just look at them

Maybe the jumpmaster is paying for their dial, I can't remember if the 2.0's version is comparable or better than the Falcon's. 

2e dial on the jumpmaster is massively worse than 1e, and worse than the falcon's dial.

10 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Well based off the Scimitar Pilot's art it seems their job is threading the missiles and torpedoes through their window. :P

Eh, even then with just the cheap versions the Scum YT-1300 with the escape craft costs 58 points to the Jumpmaster's 52 and the Falcon has 2 more hull and 2 more shields (due to the escape craft) over the Jumpmaster. And in the event you go for a named escape craft then you get an additional pilot ability on top of your own.

As I said above, you're assuming you *need* the escape craft.  Leave off the craft and the falcon is *already* a better ship than the jumpmaster, for 6 points cheaper (on the generics).  Though the titled/escape craft version of the falcon actually jumps up to 64, since you need the 6 point title in addition to the 12 point escape craft (though it also gives you an extra ship to use)

im not sure if the defenders will prove to be the beasts they should be at that price or if they'll get a price drop eventually. I was expecting Brath to be ~80pts fully decked out not 84 naked lol

Vessery is the same cost as Chirpy. Hes the same cost as something more than twice as fat and has access to more shenanigans! Is that dial and actionbar really that good?

Time will tell. On paper i'd say its slightly overcosted but its possible im wrong and the defender is a beast.

Edited by Vineheart01

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

Lando can do it, as can any rebel ship with co-pilot and Jan Ors Jyn Erso. 

Full Throttle is a great ability, nobody is arguing that.  I just don't think the Defenders are good enough to warrant such a huge price increase.

Full Throttle is almost guaranteed focus/evade.  With three green dice, it makes the ship almost immune to 2 attack value.  Just like they are now.  Vessery and Rexler is probably going to be the list to beat.  

1 minute ago, Mediocrevan said:

Full Throttle is almost guaranteed focus/evade.  With three green dice, it makes the ship almost immune to 2 attack value.  Just like they are now.  Vessery and Rexler is probably going to be the list to beat.  

They have no damage output though.  Your whole list would be two three-dice ships.  Without the cannon double-tap they just aren't much of a threat to anything.  Compare them to a brobots list and tell me which one you think is a better list.

5 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

As I said above, you're assuming you *need* the escape craft.  Leave off the craft and the falcon is *already* a better ship than the jumpmaster, for 6 points cheaper (on the generics).  Though the titled/escape craft version of the falcon actually jumps up to 64, since you need the 6 point title in addition to the 12 point escape craft (though it also gives you an extra ship to use)

Oh forgot the title but I was trying to point out how if you compare them with the escape craft it makes the Falcon look even better. It already looks better without it, which is why I assume we might see it ending up getting a increase in points down the line. Though, this makes me wonder if FFG might end up undercosting new ships added to the game to get us to try them and will then bring them where they need to be after the fact.

23 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

The new advanced sensors wouldn’t allow you to get that evade action. FCS is your best bet.

Meh, Advanced Sensors all the way on her.  FCS is nice, and sure you don’t get the Evade.  But performing a Boost or Roll prior to your straight maneuver white-K... I’ll take that any day.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

They have no damage output though.  Your whole list would be two three-dice ships.  Without the cannon double-tap they just aren't much of a threat to anything.  Compare them to a brobots list and tell me which one you think is a better list.

No damage output?  Vessery basically has old Fire control systems built into him.  He doesn't even need a 2nd ship to lock them anymore, he just has to use target lock once, or even Rexlar target locks once and starts him going.  Rexlar, meanwhile, can have FCS to get a reroll, plus something like predator as well.  So he can easily get mods on his shots, and with a white 4k it's relatively easy to line up those bullseyes .

6 minutes ago, Giledhil said:

4 x Blade Squadron Pilot, HLC, Predator. B-wings away !

HLC is too limited with it’s 2-3 range and Bullseye arc.  Plus it turns all crits into hits after the modify dice step now.  Tractor cannons will be what the B-Wings need to take, as they’re the only Rebel ship with cannons now.

1 minute ago, Mediocrevan said:

No damage output?  Vessery basically has old Fire control systems built into him.  He doesn't even need a 2nd ship to lock them anymore, he just has to use target lock once, or even Rexlar target locks once and starts him going.  Rexlar, meanwhile, can have FCS to get a reroll, plus something like predator as well.  So he can easily get mods on his shots, and with a white 4k it's relatively easy to line up those bullseyes .

So you have 2 modded 3 dice attacks in a list. 

That's not a lot.