Innese

2.0 Points Values & Slots

2 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

6 named tie ln’s confirmed. Whoa to you oh earth and sea for the devil sends his swarm.

And at 23 points you can field 8 Academy Pilots.

23 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Well... Now I feel like an ***.

S'all good bruh, you were just extrapolating from what we had.

I said all along that we couldn't use threat cards as a reliable basis for points, but even I'm taken aback by just how different some of them are. Porkin's double mod slot, for example, seems really odd now. 

If you want some more fuel for your fire, though...

21 minutes ago, impspy said:

Interceptors get 2 mods and are affordable.

But the increase in cost on those mods brings them right back up.

Interceptors are paying a premium on the only mods they might actually want. Taking Hull Upgrade and Stealth Device on Fel is the equivalent of 3 points more expensive on him compared with 1e. 

Luckily Predator is dirt cheap. If you build right, I guess you could effectively make the same old 1e Fel for the same equivalent cost, only now his ability is a bit worse. 

21 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Five K-Wings is legal.  Now that's just silly.

Completely naked, though. 

They're basically worthless without upgrades. I think that was the point - make them cheap enough that you can appropriately stack them with upgrades to be the heavy ordnance carriers they're meant to be. 

Five naked K-Wings is, IMO, worse than 5 naked Y-Wings. And five naked Y-Wings wouldn't even fill a list. You could take five Gold Squadrons with Ion Cannon Turret and still have room for upgrades, the only thing you'd be losing is SLAM and 1 extra HP apiece in exchange for something that's better in every other way. 

I guess unless you really wanted to do something silly with medium base bumping?

Edited by GuacCousteau

33 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

[Five K-Wings]

Completely naked, though. 

They're basically worthless without upgrades. I think that was the point - make them cheap enough that you can appropriately stack them with upgrades to be the heavy ordnance carriers they're meant to be. 

Five naked K-Wings is, IMO, worse than 5 naked Y-Wings. And five naked Y-Wings wouldn't even fill a list. You could take five Gold Squadrons with Ion Cannon Turret and still have room for upgrades, the only thing you'd be losing is SLAM and 1 extra HP apiece in exchange for something that's better in every other way. 

I guess unless you really wanted to do something silly with medium base bumping?

Oh, it's not good.  It's just silly. :D

On the other hand, 4x Naked Jumpmasters can win in 1e, so maybe.

Edited by theBitterFig

Interesting comparison to be had with the TIE Punisher and Bomber. Only minimal difference in upgrade slots- EPT or System. Kind of surprised by the amount of slots the Bomber has tbh. Makes for a nice, customisable list of both ships.

14 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

****, did the Punisher and Bomber get cheap. 

**** yeah!

Going to be redding some lines and raining some death!

Trajectory simulator is a paltry 3 points, throw on protons for 5 and proton torps for 9, you get a 61 point Redline (compared to the 54 naked redline from 1.0)

Also Happy:

Alpha Starwings with ion + prockets + ASLAM are a go! 35 + 5 + 7 + 3 = 50 points

also pleased with the phantoms, which get Juke + ept Generic @ 50 points. The lowest I is only 3 more points than an X-wing :o

TIE/v1s get system slots and a generic force user AND missiles. These guys will be amazing utility, especially with Sense @ 6 points

Less happy:

Vermeil @ 49 + Vader @ 14 = 63 is a little harder to swallow. Not unreasonable, but a bit more than I would've liked

Sad that the Tempest costs as much as an X. That's imo not good.

Defenders are stupid pricey

Edited by ficklegreendice