Jump to content
Innese

2.0 Points Values & Slots

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Hey, Hera in the Ghost can have an EPT now. Awesome. Interesting A-wings don't get mods. Didn't expect to see the ARC with both a crew AND gunner slot, so there is some interesting potential. The Outrider starts out super expensive. I mean, Dash is half your squad, naked. Going to be real tough to fit stuff in with him. 

True Hera getting an EPT was probably the only thing they added to the nerfed Ghost haha. 

And I agree about Dash! Super pricey but Kanan is only 10 points cheaper and his ability might not even work for himself, seems like all of the Rebel Larges are quite costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'm pretty sure they've said that you can dock any Z-95 now, so it is just a matter of if you want to keep a Z-95 safe at the start paying the full price for a ship but not using it until later in the game and not getting to make use of it attacking your opponent OR you can dock the Nashtah Pup if want to use the pilot ability of a YV-666 if the ship gets destroyed or just have 7 points left over as a contingency plan. 

You are correct, I remember them talking about it.

I tried using the hounds tooth/nwshtah pup but found it lacking.

Now it costs almost half AND the Z-95 is a slightly better ship (Dial + red roll + reduced defensive mods in game)

I've just checked and while I always wished you could put a missile on it and keep the EPT of the pilot. It looks like the Nashtah Pup is listed as having all the same upgrade slots as a binayre pirate...

So I guess you can take a homing missile and Hull upgrade and feedback array, as an end game closer but, I feel there points would be better spent on the main list rather than held in reserve until the very end.

Edited by Scum4Life
Addition information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like TIE bombers are the only ship with double missile plus talent slots, for Barrage Rockets plus Saturation Salvo.

You can fit Jonus plus three Gamma Aces with that combo for effectively double attack mods plus forcing the defender to reroll greens, and there are still plenty of points left for bombs (and bombardiers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kerbarian said:

It looks like TIE bombers are the only ship with double missile plus talent slots, for Barrage Rockets plus Saturation Salvo.

You can fit Jonus plus three Gamma Aces with that combo for effectively double attack mods plus forcing the defender to reroll greens, and there are still plenty of points left for bombs (and bombardiers).

Alpha class starwing with OS-1 config can do it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scum Y-wings get illicits.

Elites all over for the higher initiative generics.

The humble Academy Pilot is 11.5 FEE. (First Edition Equivalent)

4B 1Y is possible. (Credit to Bunke)

No more four vipers and Sunny.

Hull and shield upgrades are at least worth a look on low agility ships.

Where's muh squad builder?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kerbarian said:

It looks like TIE bombers are the only ship with double missile plus talent slots, for Barrage Rockets plus Saturation Salvo.

You can fit Jonus plus three Gamma Aces with that combo for effectively double attack mods plus forcing the defender to reroll greens, and there are still plenty of points left for bombs (and bombardiers).

Eh, SS is quite expensive and isn’t very flexible. Personally not a fan of it as printed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Who's this Dalan Oberos guy who gets to pilot two ships -- a StarViper and a Kimogila?

None of our iconic heroes pilots two ships. I mean, who does he think he is, Sabine Wren?

Because the one in the Kimo is likely not actually Dalan, lore wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Just noticed the B-Wing gets two cannon slots now.

That's absolutely as it should be. Coupled with the slight reduction in cost, I think we can see now why they didn't seem to receive quite as many buffs as other ships. 

Only one torp slot now as well. Guess that's why they didn't get the reload action. They're not supposed to be the ordnance carriers anymore, they're the cannon specialist.

I really hope the B-Wing 2e expansion gives us a reworked, better balanced autoblasters so that we can take Ion Cannon and autoblasters as we always should have been able to. 

An s-foils config title that lets them drop their attack down to 2 in exchange for some more green banks (like 1e X-Wing s-foils) would be very welcome too. 

Are cannons really worth taking over a normal 3/4 dice primary or proton torps? They all seem so gimmicky now and with the B wing being basically the best knife fighter in the game (thank you 1 talon roll!), Its rare to not throw 4 dice on primary alone. Ten Numb with Advanced Sensors and Proton Torps seems like all one could ever dream for in a B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kerbarian said:

It looks like TIE bombers are the only ship with double missile plus talent slots, for Barrage Rockets plus Saturation Salvo.

You can fit Jonus plus three Gamma Aces with that combo for effectively double attack mods plus forcing the defender to reroll greens, and there are still plenty of points left for bombs (and bombardiers).

TIE Aggressor too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mcgreag said:

Alpha class starwing with OS-1 config can do it as well.

 

39 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

TIE Aggressor too.

Wow, I’m just not reading the lists very well :).

Imperials do get some nice slot combinations this time around — I’m looking forward to list building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

TIE Aggressor too.

 

5 minutes ago, kerbarian said:

 

Wow, I’m just not reading the lists very well :).

Imperials do get some nice slot combinations this time around — I’m looking forward to list building.

Aggressors don’t have reload, so they can't take Saturation Salvo. 

Edited by HolySorcerer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThinkingB said:

Are cannons really worth taking over a normal 3/4 dice primary or proton torps? They all seem so gimmicky now and with the B wing being basically the best knife fighter in the game (thank you 1 talon roll!), Its rare to not throw 4 dice on primary alone. Ten Numb with Advanced Sensors and Proton Torps seems like all one could ever dream for in a B.

Not individually, no.

But they can drastically benefit a group of 4. If one B-Wing can tractor an opponent into the path of the other three and reduce its agility, the benefit to the other three could be easily worth losing one three dice attack. 

HLC gives them options at range 3 for cheaper than torpedoes. That means they can make use of an extra agility die for protection themselves on approach, try and soften opponents up with 4 dice range 3 attacks (again, with one perhaps using tractor beam to help line up those bullseye arcs) and then when the knife fight happens, you switch to primary.

The point is that HLC and Tractor Beam together are now only 3 (and a half) points in old money. It's easy enough to give them to all 4 B-Wings in a list, or a pair with some other ace, so that any one ship can set up the other three without having to be extra precise with your flying. 

And as I said, I still think the real value in this will come with the B-Wing's 2e expansion release. I'd put real money on them getting a new cannon type that's going to make that double cannon slot valuable. New Autoblasters is one option, I also wouldn't be surprised to see something that lets them double tap with a cannon and primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

 

And as I said, I still think the real value in this will come with the B-Wing's 2e expansion release. I'd put real money on them getting a new cannon type that's going to make that double cannon slot valuable. New Autoblasters is one option, I also wouldn't be surprised to see something that lets them double tap with a cannon and primary.

I love Bs and will fly them forever if they wind up with the TIE/d title. Seems super fitting for them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Who's this Dalan Oberos guy who gets to pilot two ships -- a StarViper and a Kimogila?

None of our iconic heroes pilots two ships. I mean, who does he think he is, Sabine Wren?

No, Ezra Bridger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lame. After listening to their design guy on team covenant I was shocked by how much I disagree with him on everything about games. 

 

They kept using power creep to sell ships many people have no affinity for. That was the only problem with the game but they are rehauling way too much that was actually working and didn't address any of the few misses.

 

I don't even like the Empire but I don't know why you would fly anything other than Interceptors and Phantoms. I'm glad I play kitchen table bc I will not be buying into this nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'm pretty sure they've said that you can dock any Z-95 now, so it is just a matter of if you want to keep a Z-95 safe at the start paying the full price for a ship but not using it until later in the game and not getting to make use of it attacking your opponent OR you can dock the Nashtah Pup if want to use the pilot ability of a YV-666 if the ship gets destroyed or just have 7 points left over as a contingency plan. 

Say I wanted to use Moralo with Boba crew and a loaded N'Dru docked. Moralo could immediately bug out after deploying the Z-95 to ensure N'Dru's ability kicks in and that his approach angle is unpredicted, then flank from the near side, while whatever else in your list runs at them perpendicular.

I need the squad builder app to see what kind of points I have to play with when doing this.

2evo5c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Say I wanted to use Moralo with Boba crew and a loaded N'Dru docked. Moralo could immediately bug out after deploying the Z-95 to ensure N'Dru's ability kicks in and that his approach angle is unpredicted, then flank from the near side, while whatever else in your list runs at them perpendicular.

I need the squad builder app to see what kind of points I have to play with when doing this.

2evo5c.jpg

I mean... use a calculator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

Say I wanted to use Moralo with Boba crew and a loaded N'Dru docked. Moralo could immediately bug out after deploying the Z-95 to ensure N'Dru's ability kicks in and that his approach angle is unpredicted, then flank from the near side, while whatever else in your list runs at them perpendicular.

I need the squad builder app to see what kind of points I have to play with when doing this.

2evo5c.jpg

Moralo - 72

- Boba - 4

- Hound's Tooth - 1

N'Dru - 31

So a total of 108 so you have a good 92 points to play around with.

 

It might take a little work but with the numbers posted there have been people to upload stuff to look through the cards and do some preliminary list building. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

Moralo - 72

- Boba - 4

- Hound's Tooth - 1

N'Dru - 31

So a total of 108 so you have a good 92 points to play around with.

 

It might take a little work but with the numbers posted there have been people to upload stuff to look through the cards and do some preliminary list building. 

It's more than a little work when I need the slots and points list on one screen plus an image set of the spoiled cards on another because I do not know the wording on every available card for each ship in 2.0. Maybe I'm just being lazy, but where I'll spend all day remaking a list in a list builder app, sitting in front of a screen with a pen, paper, and calculator for an hour just to get a rudimentary list structure isn't my idea of fun. 

And I could easily have added the 4 cards I mentioned, but each of those ships have other slots, plus the potential for other ships with more slots. The possible combinations are easy to run through in a proper squad builder, but again more effort than I care to exert when scratch building the unfamiliar costs and abilities by hand.

We have at least a month before the cards are in my hands, and I'm patient. I'm not competing at gencon, so it doesn't affect me directly that they haven't released the app, the rules reference, or the tournament rules for 2.0 yet. But I can still meme a reminder to ffg that we want the app sooner than later. As they say, don't let your memes be dreams.

 

Tl:dr  I always liked the idea of the Nashtah Pup, but could never justify the cost. I'm excited for the new Hound's Tooth title, and for a clear path to making it useful... as soon as I can lazily build my squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

It's more than a little work when I need the slots and points list on one screen plus an image set of the spoiled cards on another because I do not know the wording on every available card for each ship in 2.0. Maybe I'm just being lazy, but where I'll spend all day remaking a list in a list builder app, sitting in front of a screen with a pen, paper, and calculator for an hour just to get a rudimentary list structure isn't my idea of fun. 

And I could easily have added the 4 cards I mentioned, but each of those ships have other slots, plus the potential for other ships with more slots. The possible combinations are easy to run through in a proper squad builder, but again more effort than I care to exert when scratch building the unfamiliar costs and abilities by hand.

We have at least a month before the cards are in my hands, and I'm patient. I'm not competing at gencon, so it doesn't affect me directly that they haven't released the app, the rules reference, or the tournament rules for 2.0 yet. But I can still meme a reminder to ffg that we want the app sooner than later. As they say, don't let your memes be dreams.

 

Tl:dr  I always liked the idea of the Nashtah Pup, but could never justify the cost. I'm excited for the new Hound's Tooth title, and for a clear path to making it useful... as soon as I can lazily build my squad

Try this for the time being.

http://www.infinitearenas.com/xw2browse/#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we have the point values for 2.0, I decided to dig up an old squad from the Imdar Alpha tourney I played in and convert it to 2.0.

I call it Superfriends or Sharing is Caring:

Dutch Vander (42) with Swarm Tactics (3), R4 Astromech (2), Ion Turret (6) and Veteran Turret Gunner (8) = 61

Garven Dries (47) with Swarm Tactics (3), R4 Astromech (2) and Servomotor S-Foil (0) = 52

Blue Squadron Escort (41) with R4 Astromech (2) and Servomotor S-Foil (0) = 43

Blue Squadron Escort (41) with R4 Astromech (2) and Servomotor S-Foil (0) = 43

Total = 199

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...