Innese

2.0 Points Values & Slots

4 minutes ago, Delta57Dash said:

Wait what the tarnation.

Scum Han with title and an Autopilot Drone docked is TWENTY points cheaper than Rebel Han. 

And his Gunner card is only 4 points?!?

What is going on with these prices? There’s no way these are correct. 

Also, should be 26 pts, if you are using the title on one, you should use it on the other.  And Rebel han Always has 3 attack dice, and can re-roll re-rolls for attacking and defending when near rocks, as compared to Young Han who's ability only works when attacking/defending through rocks.

20 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

More like:

This ship is bad

"Wait for point costs, you can't complain"

Now with points: the ship is still bad

"Can you stop complaining, they will change it"

THIS. So much this.

Best examples: Tie-Advanced and Tie-Interceptor.

Soontir got a little bit cheaper - but the modifications he can take are ******* expensive. But why - without real token stacking he will lose stealth device or the extra shield really fast.

Tie-Advanced is worse then the X-Wing T65. So everybody told us they will probably be cheaper. What happend? Same price tag.

8 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Okay on a more serious note.

They seem to put more of a point value on force powers as Wedge a Int 6 cost less than Luke at Int 5. I don't know if that is because currently the only int adjustments are force upgrade or not.

NOt just seem to, Force points are given a HUGE premium of cost, because they are free dice modifications.  You don't need to do ANYTHING to make them useful, and Luke's, unlike everyone else's, are basically unlimited.

3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Do you know what makes me so very happy?   All you people saying that TIE bombers are single person craft..  well it seems, as per rebels, that hexagonal part in the ordnance pod is a window for the gunner station.   So excited!

Yeah I mean I think they got this wrong. Because if you look at the art on the Scimitar Squadron Pilot, there's a torpedo or missile coming out of that hexagon. Did it just punch through the gunner? Or Maybe there's a gunner behind the pilot's seat? It just seems wrong to me.

(I did see the Rebels Episode. According to Wookieepedia, that craft had the ordnance pod removed and a crew bay put in, but we shall see. Such craft are often modular.)

4 hours ago, impspy said:

The configurations on the Gunboats are 0 each too.

Interceptors get 2 mods and are affordable.

Vader isn't as bad as I thought he would be.

Rexler is now gonna be in all my lists.

but the cost of those mods hurts the Squints

1 minute ago, beardxofxdeath said:

Soontir got a little bit cheaper - but the modifications he can take are ******* expensive. But why - without real token stacking he will lose stealth device or the extra shield really fast.

So maybe the better approach is to skip most of the upgrades? PTL is baked into the platform now and his INI 6 is pretty much the same as 1.0 PS 11. He doesn't really need much more. Maybe just pick a reasonably priced Talent and call it good? He's not going to perform at the same level he did in 1.0 but he can be 1/4 of your list rather than 1/3 and still pull his weight.

7 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

Okay on a more serious note.

They seem to put more of a point value on force powers as Wedge a Int 6 cost less than Luke at Int 5. I don't know if that is because currently the only int adjustments are force upgrade or not. 

I still don't see the Red Squadron Veterans or any other "veteran" type generic being taken because it is the same problem as 1st edition. 2 points to get weaker by raising the pilot skill. Just like the best pilot skill was 1 and 9 the best initiative value is 1 and 6.

For the most parts take 1.0 and double it. For some things that needed help (i.e. X-wings) -1 point. So it is still 8 Tie Fighters, 4 X-wings, 5 Kihraxs Ect. If you could run 6 A-wing in 1st edition then you cant run 4 TIE Defenders in 2nd edition, but you can run 7 TIE Fighters.

Needless to say I still think meta will be Int 6 or bust. But yeah expect these points to be adjusted after worlds.

It might start little at first with +/- 1 point here and +/- 1 point there (that really is what most of these point costs are) then next year I think we could see more dramatic corrections such as +/- 10 points

Most bumps from the base pilot to generic veteran are only around 2-3 2.0 points and most as far as I can tell get a Talent slot (if the ship gets it at all).

Its going to be more like I5 or bust. There are going to be very few I6 initially. Imperials its Vader or Soontir. Rebels, Wedge or Han. Soontir is the cheapest by far, but for the most part they are going to be centerpieces to a list. The only all I6 list I see being maybe somewhat good is Wedge + Han.

12 minutes ago, Mediocrevan said:

Also, should be 26 pts, if you are using the title on one, you should use it on the other.  And Rebel han Always has 3 attack dice, and can re-roll re-rolls for attacking and defending when near rocks, as compared to Young Han who's ability only works when attacking/defending through rocks.

The Scum title essentially makes it the Rebel Falcon by giving it +2 shields and a conditional third red dice. 

Its a little wonky and has some extra upsides (launching the Escape Vessel) but that’s why I didn’t include the Rebel Title  because the Scum ship with those upgrades is pretty similar to a Rebel ship with no upgrades  

But even with Rebel Han having a better ability and an extra dice against unstressed ships, I don’t think that even comes close to being worth close to a whole tie fighter in points. 

And Han Gunner CERTAINLY shouldn’t be 4, given that he lets ships always have a focus token for attacking, or defending against low-PS ships. 

Edited by Delta57Dash

I don't get all the hate on the TIE Advanced - it will have more consistent hits than the X-Wing (ATC plus FCS), while the X-wings will likely take R2 units, so they regen.  It's a fair trade-off.  Dials are pretty similar.  Both can barrel roll.  X-Wing can boost, but at the cost of weaker attacks.  Advanced has 1 less shield, but 3 Agility.  I love that they cost the same.  It seems well balanced.

As far as Defenders go, I love their cost as well.  It's a fighter that really should never be taken in a larger group - they're supposed to be rare and special - but they can form an important part of a squadron that your opponent HAS to deal with, otherwise they'll be a terror in the late game, which leaves the rest of your squadron to tear the enemy to pieces.  I can see all of this working quite nicely on the tabletop.

2.0 is gonna be awesome - really looking forward to September.  Plus my LGS has some pre-order craziness going on.  Woo hoo!  :D

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

30 point for Luke gunner that is obviously not enough:P

I’m just thinking in what build could anyone justify using Luke (Gunner) that’s a big point penalty for him, is he really a good choice anymore? And if so what builds

Edited by Cgriffith
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Delta57Dash said:

The Scum title essentially makes it the Rebel Falcon by giving it +2 shields and a conditional third red dice. 

Its a little wonky and has some extra upsides (launching the Escape Vessel) but that’s why I didn’t include the Rebel Title  because the Scum ship with those upgrades is pretty similar to a Rebel ship with no upgrades  

But even with Rebel Han having a better ability and an extra dice against unstressed ships, I don’t think that even comes close to being worth close to a whole tie fighter in points. 

And Han Gunner CERTAINLY shouldn’t be 4, given that he lets ships always have a focus token for attacking, or defending against low-PS ships. 

True, but also it really depends on the matchup, like Scum han becomes equal to Rebel han only when facing ships that have a lot of linked actions or red manuevers.  Rebel han, meanwhile is one of the few ships in the game that can easily get double mods (his reroll plus focus).  So rebel han hits a lot harder and more consistently, where as scum han needs shenanigans to hit as hard, though he can actually hit harder with his ability and title, but things have to really line up for that.  I think those extra points are in there for a more consistent and stronger attack ability, compared to the scum falcon in general

2 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Also, the Bomber carries the exact same amount of munitions as the Punisher, and it can use Saturation Salvo on top of it.  The only reason to take the Punisher is if you want trajectory simulator.  What a missed opportunity to differentiate the ships more.

White Reload, Boost, Medium Base, Stop maneuver, Linked Target Lock, I could go on...

13 minutes ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

I don't get all the hate on the TIE Advanced - it will have more consistent hits than the X-Wing (ATC plus FCS), while the X-wings will likely take R2 units, so they regen.  It's a fair trade-off.  Dials are pretty similar.  Both can barrel roll.  X-Wing can boost, but at the cost of weaker attacks.  Advanced has 1 less shield, but 3 Agility.  I love that they cost the same.  It seems well balanced.

have you ever rolled 3 dice, no way having 1 more agility is balanced versus an extra hull, boost and possibly regen

Just now, Darth evil said:

have you ever rolled 3 dice, no way having 1 more agility is balanced versus an extra hull, boost and possibly regen

You left out the entire "Advanced will have more consistent hits" part.  Yeah, they're balanced.  They lock, roll 3 dice, get to convert 1 hit to a crit, and get to reroll 1 die with FCS, and if you don't like your roll, then use your target lock to reroll the rest (though this is a last resort).  I don't disagree with you about +1 hull and regen being better than +1 Agility, but you have to add in all the factors and hitting hard kinda matter too.

3 minutes ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

and get to reroll 1 die with FCS, and if you don't like your roll, then use your target lock to reroll the rest

Fire-Control System: While you perform an attack, if you have a lock on the defender, you may reroll 1 attack die. If you do, you cannot spend your lock during this attack.

1 minute ago, thomedwards said:

Fire-Control System: While you perform an attack, if you have a lock on the defender, you may reroll 1 attack die. If you do, you cannot spend your lock during this attack.

I apologize for being unclear - if you roll all garbage on your initial roll, then use your target lock, as rerolling 1 die with FCS would be pointless.  It's a last resort, but use it if you have to.  I meant all the dice, not the rest of the dice after the FCS reroll.  Again, apologies.

Yeah, the part about the TIE advanced that makes me nervous is that rolling an extra defense die doesn't help as much if it's not modified, but the TIE advanced will be going for offense with the target lock. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the cost comparison. If both have Lock + Focus, I think it's anybody's game, which makes me really want to bring Colonel Jendon along with 3 Crack Shot Storm Sq. Pilots.

7 minutes ago, player2422845 said:

I am very impressed by FFG choices. I like this a lot but lots of ships are very different. The only thing that upset me is that imps have so many gunner slots and few gunners options.

6 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

how about a lot of mod slots with few options

I count 5 Generic Gunners that Imps can use and 11 Generic Modifications. Are these too few?