Sign in to follow this  
animattor78

Han AA card misprint?

So I ran a proxy set for Han last night using my AA Han Card from Worlds. The card has Han rolling a red defense die. He was a beast and didn’t get a single wound. After we were talking about Han a friend mentioned he thought Han rolled a white. We looked at my official card and it’s got a red die on it. BUT FFG spoiler article shows Han’s Card with a white defense die. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

given it has a reroll mechanic, its most definitely white like the previews show

Han being harder to hurt than Luke/Vader is kinda sketchy.

But movie accurate (OT only)

2 hours ago, animattor78 said:

So I ran a proxy set for Han last night using my AA Han Card from Worlds. The card has Han rolling a red defense die. He was a beast and didn’t get a single wound. After we were talking about Han a friend mentioned he thought Han rolled a white. We looked at my official card and it’s got a red die on it. BUT FFG spoiler article shows Han’s Card with a white defense die. Thoughts?

It MUST be white. Converting defense surges and being able to reroll up to 3 defense dice, if they were red, then practically the only way to hurt Han would be with Pierce. It would be really broken.

The card actually has two errors. The defensive die is the most evident but you’ll also notice he has the Special Forces icon and not the Commander icon. 

21 minutes ago, FSD said:

The card actually has two errors. The defensive die is the most evident but you’ll also notice he has the Special Forces icon and not the Commander icon. 

Doesn't he come with at least one card for the "Training" upgrade? (Duck and Cover I think?)

4 hours ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

It MUST be white. Converting defense surges and being able to reroll up to 3 defense dice, if they were red, then practically the only way to hurt Han would be with Pierce. It would be really broken.

Pierce or trying to Panic him off the board, which isn't that easy either. 

4 hours ago, steveisbig said:

Doesn't he come with at least one card for the "Training" upgrade? (Duck and Cover I think?)

The promo card didn't come with anything, it was (supposedly) an early printing Alternate Art card of Han Solo handed out prior to the unit's release. Also, having a Training Upgrade doesn't require the unit to be a Special Forces unit rather than a Commander unit. 

On 7/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, steveisbig said:

Yes, he does come with that card, as well as having a slot for that type of upgrade. Are you assuming that makes him Special Forces rank? By the way, I proxied him yesterday with that card. It's pretty good. He has heavy cover just sitting out in the open. The real thing I learned from that game, though, is to keep him out of melee. He spent 4/6 turns stuck in with various Storm/Snowtroopers doing jack diddly.

8 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

The real thing I learned from that game, though, is to keep him out of melee. He spent 4/6 turns stuck in with various Storm/Snowtroopers doing jack diddly.

Engaging short ranged threatening units, like Snowtroopers with Flamethrower, Fleet troopers, or Han seems like a decent way to deal with the unit, especially for the Empire. Even if you can't attack, just moving into base to base contact prevents that scary unit from shooting anything and using their fancy weapon keywords. 

1 hour ago, xerpo said:

I honestly will play it the way the card shows it should be played. Until ffg releases some new faq content.

The card in question is the early release preview card, not the official card that will be included in the kit. The photo of the card FFG is planning on putting in with the model is visible on their announcement email. If the alternate art card differs from the original card, the official card takes precedence.