Sign in to follow this  
awesomeclaw

First Tournament List (Rebs)

Hi all,

I've got my first tournament this weekend and I'm thinking about bringing the following list. I have a few points left over for grenades but I haven't managed to successfully use them yet. I'm thinking about taking impact grenades but not really sure where to put them or whether to have anti armour kind of spread out like that (MPLs, impact grenades, and LC AT-RTs). Another copy of env gear would be great I guess but I don't really want to buy a unit I won't use just for that.

794/800

Leia Organa 90
Commanding Presence, Esteemed Leader,

Rebel Troopers 40
MPL-57 Ion Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Targeting Scopes,

Rebel Troopers 40
MPL-57 Ion Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Targeting Scopes,

Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Rebel Trooper,

Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Rebel Trooper,

Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper, Fleet Trooper, Environmental Gear, Concussion Grenades,

Fleet Troopers 44
Scatter Gun Trooper, Fleet Trooper, Concussion Grenades,

AT-RT 55
Long-Range Comlink, AT-RT Laser Cannon,

AT-RT 55
Long-Range Comlink, AT-RT Laser Cannon,

Edited by awesomeclaw

2 hours ago, awesomeclaw said:

Another copy of env gear would be great I guess but I don't really want to buy a unit I won't use just for that.

That is going to get quite annoying, I can tell...

I’ve not used impact grenades successfully (read: at all) yet either, but I’m thinking about equipping them with my fleet trooper/scattergun squad since they need to be up close and personal anyway.

Another logical choice might be to put them on squads you intend to use as brawlers, which in my case may or may not be fleets. I like fleets as either Leia’s body guards or my jump unit for rapid reinforcements, ideally to pop in behind an AT-ST. For the later, impacts would ideal, and if nothing else for the guys with Leia might add to their deterrent effect.

But I too would love to hear from folks with more actual experience using them successfully. 

I think the list looks good! ??

If you want you could drop the extra upgrades and get a 3rd AT-RT in the list, Leia and the Fire Chickens style, but what you’ve got looks fun and versatile.

Ion Troopers can be tricky with having to take the refresh action and that’s why lots of people only use Z-6’s. But some Swiss Army knife elements to the list are nice too.

Happy hunting!

9 hours ago, BenBot said:

I think the list looks good! ??

If you want you could drop the extra upgrades and get a 3rd AT-RT in the list, Leia and the Fire Chickens style, but what you’ve got looks fun and versatile.

Ion Troopers can be tricky with having to take the refresh action and that’s why lots of people only use Z-6’s. But some Swiss Army knife elements to the list are nice too.

Happy hunting!

2 AT-RT worked pretty well for me, I know that there was at least one 3 AT-RT list at the tournament that did well. I actually miscounted my points but I probably would have spent the extras on more grenades. I find that you don't get to use them often but they're super handy when you do.

I lost my first game partly due to poor deployment but also because of a pretty strong flanking action from the other player - Luke + Airspeeder seem pretty strong. The MPLs were pretty useful in this game (managed to last-first the airspeeder and basically remove its entire activation) but Luke swept in and sliced my infantry up.

Had a bye in the second round which was annoying because we were playing fixed setups. The setup for this round was disarray, rapid reinforcements, key positions, which I think would have suited my list pretty well.

Won the third round - the other player charged in pretty early which gave me a good opportunity to sit back and pick off units as they approached.

Great that you had a good first tournament.

Luke is definitely strong - especially against a list with few units that can challenge him in melee (Luke/Vader). The airspeeder is generally considered as not thaaaat great (expensive, relatively squishy, no crazy firepower).

Some more comments on your list:

Targeting scopes are quite expensive - you have to pay for more than half a trooper to throw one extra die every now and then. Also, your ion troopers have to 'reload' a lot and thus don't have that much time for aiming.

Getting an additional ATRT at the cost of some upgrades (Scopes, MPL, Comlink, trooper) would lift you up to 10 activations and give you in total more firepower.

cheers!

?

I'll just second the thought on scopes bot being the best buy.  I almost never end up aiming with my troopers.  Once and a while I'll get one in on a late activation, but I'm usually dodging if I have the action to, so they've not been a help to me.