Battlefleet 01 Studios

When is FFG's day at GenCon?

18 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

The fact that Boston and Detroit are in the same time Zone is silly.  Many New Englanders want to break the region off into the Atlantic time Zone so in the winter it isn't Pitch Black at 4pm.  Folks in New England that work 9-5 get almost 0 daylight in their lives in the winter.  Regardless there is a lot messed up with that map.

Well, that's the same up here in Detroit..

12 hours ago, Thrindal said:

Folks in New England that work 9-5 get almost 0 daylight in their lives in the winter.  Regardless there is a lot messed up with that map.

That's honestly true a lot of places in the winter. Here in Nebraska I walk my dog before work in the dark and walk my dog after work in the dark. When there is only 8-9 hours of sunlight in a day, you can't ask for too much.

8 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Hmm, how do Flat-Earthers make sense of the difference in time-zones and daylight? 

Imagine the earth is an ice cream sandwich, but it's ice cream made from goats milk and the chocolate cookie outside is 100% cacao. And it's one of those round ice cream sandwiches, like two round cookies with ice cream in the middle, not the rectangle ones. It's been left in the freezer too long so you have ice buildup from the frost burn and it's pretty dried out.

Orbiting around this ice cream sandwich are dippin' dots, and the dippin' dots are of various sizes and flavors.

When someone opens the freezer, they pick up the ice cream sandwich all excited, but then they see the frost burn, the ingredients, and they toss it back onto the freezer.

When the freezer opens up, the light comes on and makes daytime. When the freezer is closed, the light turns off to make night time.

The person who owns the freezer is on a diet and constantly stands with it open, debating whether to eat the ice cream sandwich.

This happens on a regular basis creating the day night cycle.

Edit: Aw h*** I just had to go and find their real answer.

https://flatearthandthought.com/2017/01/17/question-how-do-daynight-cycles-and-seasons-work-on-a-flat-earth/

Edited by Megatronrex

19 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Has anyone done an experiment that visually demonstrates that gravity isnt always directly downwards? Because thats what they seem to fail understand. Gravity is due to mass rather than a constant direction...

Yeah, but “Prove” it to ‘their’ satisfaction...

Considering dozens of human beings and hundreds (if not thousands) of human-made objects have orbited the earth capturing images of it in various ways from every possible angle, that such images are freely available online for anyone with even a passing interest, and that even ancient societies could achieve remarkably accurate understandings of astronomy through observation, patience, and careful record-keeping...

I don't think a slow-motion youtube video will change their minds. ? 

You would think with the avalanche of proof available would easily sway sceptics. Rest assured, they are not convinced. There is no evidence that flat earthers will not disagree with, if they look at NASA videos of rockets going up they will object to when the video cuts away to a different view, it is maddening.

The latest episode of "oh no, Ross and Carrie" is entirely about traversing the flat earth and spent debating a rather eloquent flat earth proponent. It's educational in the both how obtuse some people are and in the depths of patience the hosts have. I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Edited by mhd

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

Has anyone done an experiment that visually demonstrates that gravity isnt always directly downwards? Because thats what they seem to fail understand. Gravity is due to mass rather than a constant direction...

54 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Yeah, but “Prove” it to ‘their’ satisfaction...

Even I don't argue with Flat Earthers. You can't win and throughout the whole d*** thing you feel like you have a concussion without any of the good parts.

If anyone is going to "In Flight Report" on Wednesday can you do a small favor,

Just before they start talking ( literally half a second before someone approaches to a mic) can you yell "Armada, Armada, Armada" few times,

I am just wondering what reaction they will have

a) Will they look at it at each other and pretend they don't know what Armada means and call security

b) Will they just laugh it up and say " Oh we did not forget our dear Armada players" and to prevent a negative PR image, they will look at their speech memos for a few seconds, pretending they are looking at their Armada section in their notes and say, " you guys are lucky, something big is coming" and then call security

c) or just call security

Maybe on the safe side, a few of you could gather up and yell together just so that security will not challenge you ( they'll probably call riot police)