Irokenics

Conversion Kits and Upgrades for 2.0

Hi all,

Still doing research for getting into 2.0.

Can anyone quickly tell me if the expansions will have ship cards or upgrade cards that won't be in the conversion kits or vice versa?

Weighing up buying an old 1.0 set and converting it vs starting from scratch.

Your help is appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Irokenics said:

Hi all,

Still doing research for getting into 2.0.

Can anyone quickly tell me if the expansions will have ship cards or upgrade cards that won't be in the conversion kits or vice versa?

Weighing up buying an old 1.0 set and converting it vs starting from scratch.

Your help is appreciated.

Anything that comes in the Wave 1 ships will be in either the Conversion Kits or Core Set.

3 minutes ago, Innese said:

Anything that comes in the Wave 1 ships will be in either the Conversion Kits or Core Set.

So does that mean future wave stuff might have upgrades that are not in wave 1 or conversion kits too? 

3 minutes ago, Irokenics said:

So does that mean future wave stuff might have upgrades that are not in wave 1 or conversion kits too? 

Yes, future waves will have upgrades & pilots that aren't in the conversion kit. FFG has stated that there will be some way for 1.0 players to get the cards without rebuying ships too, but we have no solid info on this yet.

29 minutes ago, Irokenics said:

Yes - in fact I’m certain of it. Future waves will have pilots and upgrades that are not in the conversion boxes.

As others have stated, ffg says there will be a means for those items to be made available to players with 1.0 ships without buying repeat models they had in 1.0. Also as stated earlier we have no clue on how.

14 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Yes - in fact I’m certain of it. Future waves will have pilots and upgrades that are not in the conversion boxes.

As others have stated, ffg says there will be a means for those items to be made available to players with 1.0 ships without buying repeat models they had in 1.0. Also as stated earlier we have no clue on how.

I think those little baggies of extras in each conversion kit are a very good clue as to what will be included in the card only packs for ships re-released in future waves.

What we don't have any clue about are questions like 'Is it one pack per wave'?  Or one pack per faction per wave? Or one pack for each ship?  My guess is one pack per faction per wave being the most likely, followed by one pack per wave.  I think individual packs for each ship might be too much of pain logistically for them to want to deal with.

Another open question is distribution model.  Will they be released as general merchandise via the regular retail chain?  Or will they be things that must be ordered direct from FFG via their website?

22 minutes ago, JamesWG said:

I think those little baggies of extras in each conversion kit are a very good clue as to what will be included in the card only packs for ships re-released in future waves.

What we don't have any clue about are questions like 'Is it one pack per wave'?  Or one pack per faction per wave? Or one pack for each ship?  My guess is one pack per faction per wave being the most likely, followed by one pack per wave.  I think individual packs for each ship might be too much of pain logistically for them to want to deal with.

Another open question is distribution model.  Will they be released as general merchandise via the regular retail chain?  Or will they be things that must be ordered direct from FFG via their website?

Whatever it is, the only thing I can guarantee is folks on the forums will be upset by it. :) 

I am hoping for an “all cards and cardboard for the wave” where it’s basically the non-ship contents of each model in the wave. So if a card is in 2 spots, you get 2 copies.

I suppose I’d also be ok with it split out per faction, and I’d just buy the ones for the factions I care about.