Monkeyshine77

Dial Counts in the Con Kits

So I have been trying to find the dial count for each ship in each conversion kit. Knowing this would allow my friends and I to come up with a more cost effective solution than to have each of us buy 2 or 3 kits per faction. There used to be a link on the FF product page but it has turned into the dreaded 404 error message, though I don't think the dial Counts are included.

Does anyone have this information or at least know where I can get it from? I'm also curious as to why FF took the information down regarding what's in the con kits.

Cheers

29 minutes ago, Monkeyshine77 said:

So I have been trying to find the dial count for each ship in each conversion kit. Knowing this would allow my friends and I to come up with a more cost effective solution than to have each of us buy 2 or 3 kits per faction. There used to be a link on the FF product page but it has turned into the dreaded 404 error message, though I don't think the dial Counts are included.

Does anyone have this information or at least know where I can get it from? I'm also curious as to why FF took the information down regarding what's in the con kits.

Cheers

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

3 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
2 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

EDIT - just wanted to add that the information is still there in the FAQ on the X-wing Second Edition page in the FFG store here. It's a bit annoying to find, but it hasn't been removed.

Edited by nexttwelveexits
provenance

Just keep in mind that all that lists is the number of dials.  If, for instance, you're keeping a Unique pilot, you won't have that pilot to trade, and also probably won't be able to trade away whatever pilot is on the other side of that pilot's ship token.

Despite hopes, the conversion kits appear to be built in a very bad way for trading and sharing.

Edited by Jeff Wilder

3 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Despite hopes, the conversion kits appear to be built in a very bad way for trading and sharing.

Yep.  Don't plan on sharing or trading until we get the conversion kits and can verify all the components.

(Plus Saw's Renegades.)

There are two possible answers: (1) They simply didn't bother to do even the most rudimentary research into the types of ships average players own and in what numbers.  (2) They know the numbers, but configured the conversion kits with as much inefficiency as they could get away with.

I personally think it's a coin-flip ... but I'm leaning toward (2) as more information comes to light.

Edited by Jeff Wilder

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

(Plus Saw's Renegades.)

In fairness, the xwing in Saw’s Renegades comes with a 2.0 dial and pilots/cards.

But I do tend to agree that they picked what they thought they could get away with. I’d have thought the most “fair” would be if you had purchased “one of everything” which nets you 3x t65, 5x Tie fighters etc

i only own one rebel tie, so my plan (assuming the ship tiles all allow for it) is to yank the extra rebel one and place it with my Imperials so Howly gets her own unique dial and then I have enough dials for all my 1.0 ties.

Does not solve my xwing crisis though. 

Also as far as xwings go, I will convert 2, have saw’s, will have the new core that’s 4. If I really need a 5th I’ll buy a 2.0 xpac. How many do you really need? They want to sell stuff and buying 1 thing each gets you all you need.

Edited by LordFajubi

Dur...I just realised I said 4 or 5 X-Wings from 2 cores & a rebel transport..  There's 1 per core... 

I blame sleep deprivation. ?

Edited by DMG

10 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

Also as far as xwings go, I will convert 2, have saw’s, will have the new core that’s 4. If I really need a 5th I’ll buy a 2.0 xpac. How many do you really need? They want to sell stuff and buying 1 thing each gets you all you need.

basically this. Unfortunately, you just need to pick which of your 1.0 ship models you want to use with the conversion kit, then decide if you want to hold on to the extras or try to sell them off to others who may not have purchased any T-65s since they weren't very good in most of 1.0. Remember, those who started with the FA Core set received the T-70 instead.

I'll be setting aside my extra ships and maybe gifting them to a friend who got out of the game a bit ago and sold off his collection. That way, he will only need a core set and his own rebel conversion to have a good start to play again.

15 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Just keep in mind that all that lists is the number of dials.  If, for instance, you're keeping a Unique pilot, you won't have that pilot to trade, and also probably won't be able to trade away whatever pilot is on the other side of that pilot's ship token.

This.

And also keep in mind that for some ships they don't have enough generic pilot cards and ship bases at match every dial in the kit.  For instance the Rebel Z-95 and Scum Jumpmaster are short on generic cards/bases by one each.  There are other examples I don't recall off the top of my head. 

Note that MOST ships have the cards/bases to run every dial as the same generic.  Which makes it all the stranger that they chose to short just a few ships in this way.  From the unboxing videos it looks like there is enough empty space in the boxes to have put in another half sheet of cardboard to cover the "missing" bases and the additional pilot cards would take up negligible space.  So they would not even have needed to increase the box size to include full generics for everything.

15 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

(Plus Saw's Renegades.)

There are two possible answers: (1) They simply didn't bother to do even the most rudimentary research into the types of ships average players own and in what numbers.  (2) They know the numbers, but configured the conversion kits with as much inefficiency as they could get away with.

I personally think it's a coin-flip ... but I'm leaning toward (2) as more information comes to light.

Or (3) they went with the strategy they use for LCG cores of maximizing variety and figuring that hardcore players can decide if they need more of one thing or another.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Or (3) they went with the strategy they use for LCG cores of maximizing variety and figuring that hardcore players can decide if they need more of one thing or another.

Nope.  Including (for example) two Decimators doesn't maximize variety.  It limits it.

Still looking like (2).

5 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Nope.  Including (for example) two Decimators doesn't maximize variety.  It limits it.

Still looking like (2).

So because it doesn't fit your particular lists, it limits variety?

Some of us may actually WANT to try two Decimators, thank you very much!

16 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

(Plus Saw's Renegades.)

It's definitly 2, we are talking about FFG. The only reason I'm able to stomache this is that they are still infinitely better value than any 1.0 pack with the sheer variety of stuff. 2.0 seems a lot more fair overall, too. But I wouldn't expect 'buy a Raider to play your Advanced', 'enjoy that free star viper with your autothrusters', 'buy 4 Lambdas to equip your B-Wings'-FFG to cut the scummy-ness completely.