kris40k

The Essence of Rebellion Article

35 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

Not compared to options that do not require registering for an account and handing over some personal information.

So for science I tried to create an account. I gave a garbage name and impossibly fake email and it allowed it. So I voted for Leia. Then to double check, I logged out and created a second garbage Twitter with more fake info..(literally just a name and email required). And then I voted for Leia again. Do with this information what you will. 

P.S. She's a 54% with everything else in the teens, for anyone curious. 

9 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Soo..  twitter isn't widely availiable?    

some people are concerned with personal informations and so dislike to join multiple services that massively use it. I totally understand this. No sarcasm are needed here.

At 3 points in 1.0 terms - yes, I think she's probably worth it if you're building a squad around her.

I regularly use 2 points on adrenaline rush for 2 ships (admittedly both strikers) and never regret it. For 1 extra point to benefit all 4 ships in my squad and the ability to re-use her in a couple of turns, she definitely looks worth it.

Now, not everyone has a red dial like the Aileron Brigade, but with so many ships picking up talon rolls, and stuff like predator and fire control system getting harder to use, being able to pull a mass red move in a furball is no small beer.

Also; chopper being able to 'reverse' his normal effect and recover charge on an upgrade in return for two shields is a nice option.

13 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Soo..  twitter isn't widely availiable?   

You have to have a Twitter account. Anyone can vote in a survey monkey poll. 

I’m not on Facebook since 2009 and I deleted my Twitter account in 2016. (I recommend everyone kills their social media account, but that’s another story) Thus Inhave not been able to vote and I’m likely not the only person without a Twitter account. 

11 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

So I voted for Leia. Then to double check, I logged out and created a second garbage Twitter with more fake info..(literally just a name and email required). And then I voted for Leia again.

You are a very unpleasant person. If you have no morality , you could at least keep it secret. Thanks for the lesson dear unpleasant person.

50 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

I need this on a T shirt!

You are in luck!

Check amazon and other online shops for different versions. Here's one option.

Princess Leia Organa Rebel t-Shirt Ringer White Tee Shirt (X-Large, White/Black Ringer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XT4M54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CTgwBbE843344

28 minutes ago, player2422845 said:

You are a very unpleasant person. If you have no morality , you could at least keep it secret. Thanks for the lesson dear unpleasant person.

Thank you for your opinion. Though, I personally disagree with it.

I am exposing the potential for fraud in this vote due to a voting system that does not restrict us players to one vote a piece. If ffg expects us to vote only once, they need to return to voting on their own website ala last year. 

If they want us to vote multiple times, the present system works well enough, but using MLB's all star voting as a model might be preferred. 35 votes per person per day or whatever it is now.

Also, if the interest in this 2.0 vote appears higher than expected to them, maybe they'll increase production and not sell out of conversion kits in the first week. 

Finally, I have never flown Miranda, Corran, Whisper, Nym, or the Wolf Pack, so how bad could I really be? :D

When Rebel Han gunner was spoiled I recall some debate on whether it allowed two attacks (one at initiative 7 through a turret arc and then one at the pilot's initiative via a primary arc or a different turret arc).  Or did the initiative 7 attack replace the pilot's normal attack.  I don't recall if that argument was definitively settled.

The article seems to state that Rebel Han Gunner does grant two attacks when it says that all non-Luke Rebel Gunners "make it possible for their ships to fire twice in a round."

So... article mistake or confirmation Rebel Han gunner grants two attacks?

26 minutes ago, JamesWG said:

When Rebel Han gunner was spoiled I recall some debate on whether it allowed two attacks (one at initiative 7 through a turret arc and then one at the pilot's initiative via a primary arc or a different turret arc).  Or did the initiative 7 attack replace the pilot's normal attack.  I don't recall if that argument was definitively settled.

I remember a certain amount of debate if it was possible to double tap the same target, but I don't remember (may well have missed) anyone saying you can't shoot twice.

Clearly the writer of the article thinks you can,

That said:

IG-88B, Double Edge, Dengar, Corran Horn, Attack Shuttles, Cluster Missiles, Veteran Turret Gunner,  Veteran Tail Gunner, Bossk (Gunner), and Bistan all use the phrase 'bonus attack'. Han (Gunner) does not.

Here’s the thing with those not using twitter (or any social media) I get it, I really do.   But it was said that it isn't widely availiable - this is not true it is availiable, you are CHOOSING not to use it.   

These are different things, as you CAN use it, but aren't.   

Question about survey monkey - if anyone can vote, without registering, can you then vote multiple times?   What would stop me from voting 100 times for something?   Or does it record your IP?  If it does, you have given them information.   

This is of course coming down to personal choice, and semantics. 

That being said, there are times and places for using social media, and you can make a very private account if you choose.  

11 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Question about survey monkey - if anyone can vote, without registering, can you then vote multiple times?   What would stop me from voting 100 times for something?   Or does it record your IP?  If it does, you have given them information.   

They can allow or block multiple submissions from the same ip, and yes it records it.

They can also delete individual responses, so if they see a number of them from 1 ip, they could delete all but 1.

40 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I remember a certain amount of debate if it was possible to double tap the same target, but I don't remember (may well have missed) anyone saying you can't shoot twice.

Clearly the writer of the article thinks you can,

That said:

IG-88B, Double Edge, Dengar, Corran Horn, Attack Shuttles, Cluster Missiles, Veteran Turret Gunner,  Veteran Tail Gunner, Bossk (Gunner), and Bistan all use the phrase 'bonus attack'. Han (Gunner) does not.

Oh yeah, I remember the double-tap the same target debate too.  But some people also argued that Gunner Han didn't allow a second attack and the lack of 'bonus attack' in the wording was the reason why.  They argued that the part on the card talking about not using the same turret arc again that turn was only there in case the ship was able to get a bonus attack via some other means.  But that Han himself didn't grant it.

Agreed the article writer thinks Han grants the second attack, but after the great Slam debacle of a couple of years ago I'm not sure how much we can rely on articles being accurate.

Personally I think Rebel Gunner Han does grant two attacks, and would use the article as evidence.  But I can't cite it as absolute proof, due to past article mistakes.  I suspect the FAQ/Errata that comes out when 2.0 is officially released will clear it up, one way or the other.

Am I wrong to think that FFG jumping the gun by having us vote now for this? When we don't know exactly which upgrades are available on each ship? Should they have waited to do this poll after the app was released?

Will they wait days, weeks, or months before they post the Empire and Scum polls? Wouldn't waiting to post those after we know that info be almost unfair to the factions that had the poll before that extra knowledge goes up? 

Or does that matter at all with the limited pool they give and/or people voting for whatever they feel like. 

29 minutes ago, delrustymar said:

Am I wrong to think that FFG jumping the gun by having us vote now for this? When we don't know exactly which upgrades are available on each ship? Should they have waited to do this poll after the app was released?

Will they wait days, weeks, or months before they post the Empire and Scum polls? Wouldn't waiting to post those after we know that info be almost unfair to the factions that had the poll before that extra knowledge goes up? 

Or does that matter at all with the limited pool they give and/or people voting for whatever they feel like. 

Only a small number of people are going to be at the event, versus the number of people voting (potentially all of twitter, if they were so inclined). 

I assume people are just voting for whatever they think is the coolest or will make the most interesting lists, rather than from a perspective of "what's strongest".

16 hours ago, ViscerothSWG said:

So for science I tried to create an account. I gave a garbage name and impossibly fake email and it allowed it. So I voted for Leia. Then to double check, I logged out and created a second garbage Twitter with more fake info..(literally just a name and email required). And then I voted for Leia again. Do with this information what you will. 

P.S. She's a 54% with everything else in the teens, for anyone curious. 

Multiple votes?  Rigged election.

19 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Someone please vote Leia for me; I'm not signing up for Twitter just to vote.

Why they couldn't use something widely available, like SurveyMonkey, is just beyond me.

Because the point of this "vote" is less about really polling the community's preferences and more about increasing the social media footprint of X-Wing 2.0 via Twitter as a means of marketing and advertising.

Just now, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Because the point of this "vote" is less about really polling the community's preferences and more about increasing the social media footprint of X-Wing 2.0 via Twitter as a means of marketing and advertising.

This.

I will not be voting personally, as I lack a Twitter account, Facebook is enough social media for me. But it seems I don't need to, I would have voted Leia.