squash

New London CT Store Championship Results

Only 5 player turnout, 3 heated rounds were played, results as follows:

1st: Kevin, 25 tournament points, 683 MOV,

ISD 2, Motti, Intel officer, Gunnery team, Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams, Leading Shots, X17 Turbolasers, Avengers, 179 points.

ISD 2, Intel officer, Gunnery team, Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams, Leading Shots, X17 Turbolasers, Relentless, 160 points.

Gozanti Cruisers, Comms net, 25 points.

Gozanti Cruisers, Comms net, 25 points.

Most Wanted, Fleet Ambush, Solar Corona
389 points

2nd: Dan, 21 Tournament Points, 522 MOV.

Kuat, Admiral Titus, Gunnery Team, Reinforced Blast Doors, External Racks, Leading Shots, 133 points.

Quasar Fire I class, Admiral Konstantine, Flight Controllers, Boosted Comms, 87 points.

Quasar Fire I class, Stronghold, Instructor Goran, Flight Controllers, Boosted Comms, 76 points.

Dengar, 6xInterceptors, Howlrunner, 102 points.

Station Assault, Contested Outpost, Superior Positions

398 points.

3rd: Chris 19 Tournament points, 270 MOV.

ISD 2, Admiral Motti, Wulff Yularen, Gunnery Team, Electronic Countermeasures, Leading Shots, Dual Turbolaser Turrets, Chimaera, Intensify Firepower!, 184 points.

Arquitens class light cruiser, Captain Brunson, Turbolaser Reroute Circuits, 66 points.

Arquitens class light cruiser, Captain Needa, Turbolaser Reroute Circuits, 63 points.

Gozanti Class Cruisers, Taskmaster Grint, Boosted Comms, Vector, 34 points.

Ciena Ree, Captain Jonus, Valen Rudor,  46 points.

Blockade Run, Contested outpost, Solar Corona

393 points.

4th: Wes 13 Tournament points, 140 MoV.

ISD Cymoon, Screed, Electronic Coutner measures, Hardened Bulkheads, Minister Tua, Dual Turbolaser Turret, Gunnery Team, 164 points.

Victory Star Destroyer, Disposable Capacitors, Dual Turbolaser Turrets, Gunnery Team, 100 points.

Victory Star Destroyer, Disposable Capacitors, Dual Turbolaser Turrets, Gunnery Team, 100 points.

Ciena Ree, Valen Rudor, 30 points.

Blockade Run, Hyperspace Assault, Solar Corona

394 points.

Sorry, I do not have the list for the fifth player, James, I dropped the ball there. Overall some really fun games, very large ship heavy.

Edited by squash

Konny for the Win (kinda).  He is better than you would assume just looking at him.  Not sure if my list is better or worse with a different admiral though.

I want to get strategic advisor in there and maybe tractor beams to double up on the speed shenanigans.  I will continue to tune it for a while but it may just be better with Sloane or Motti

Edited by BergerFett

If the Konstantine fleet can do this well against absolutely not a single opponent who went squadron-heavy, with the absurd amount of anti-squad tech, then there must be something to it.

TIE/ins splashing 6 blue dice and countering for 5 is ridiculous. With six of them.

The only thing this list probably fears is twice as many ISDs, which...

I think that Kuat would be happier with Brunson instead of Titus, even if it means scrounging for a point or two. Replace the RBD if needed. If Konstantine is going to be keeping the enemy in the Kuat's teeth, you might as well gear for a slug-fest. And Brunson will almost certainly cancel much more than 3 points of damage over the course of the game.

Edited by Nostromoid

On 7/30/2018 at 6:38 PM, Nostromoid said:

If the Konstantine fleet can do this well against absolutely not a single opponent who went squadron-heavy, with the absurd amount of anti-squad tech, then there must be something to it.

TIE/ins splashing 6 blue dice and countering for 5 is ridiculous. With six of them.

The only thing this list probably fears is twice as many ISDs, which...

I think that Kuat would be happier with Brunson instead of Titus, even if it means scrounging for a point or two. Replace the RBD if needed. If Konstantine is going to be keeping the enemy in the Kuat's teeth, you might as well gear for a slug-fest. And Brunson will almost certainly cancel much more than 3 points of damage over the course of the game.

Brunson and the chaff defense upgrade are going to try to be worked in.

simply removing 2 dice from an attack is super strong with brunson and being obstructed.

I think konny is cool here but lets be honest my list would be better with sloane/motti. Konny is cool it didnt work as well as I thought but I faced no sqaudron pushing fleets, so they were going to navigate anyway regardless.  I will keep playing him to see what happens but I need to rework my ISD a bit.